Childfree

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My dad used to drive First Nations kids around (his town was attached to an Aboriginal community in the outback) anyway this kid was being a little hole one day so my dad asked the kid "How old are you son?"
The kid said he was 9 years old and my dad yelled at him "Do you wanna see TEN! Do ya?". My mum said she cringed inside out but the little dude shut up for the rest of the ride :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
There’s nothing worse than when people won’t teach their little darlings some manners, just because they don’t mind their child’s behaviour.

I was barely allowed to breathe in public as a child without getting a dirty look that meant “if you don’t behave, you’ll get a slap when we get home”.

I feel like so many children these days are worshipped and are made to feel like the world revolves around them, wasn’t like when I was growing up in the 90’s (or at least it wasn’t for me!)

Nothing worse than going to a museum and there’s little darlings screaming and pushing and shoving, teach your children some manners around strangers!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
There’s nothing worse than when people won’t teach their little darlings some manners, just because they don’t mind their child’s behaviour.

I was barely allowed to breathe in public as a child without getting a dirty look that meant “if you don’t behave, you’ll get a slap when we get home”.

I feel like so many children these days are worshipped and are made to feel like the world revolves around them, wasn’t like when I was growing up in the 90’s (or at least it wasn’t for me!)

Nothing worse than going to a museum and there’s little darlings screaming and pushing and shoving, teach your children some manners around strangers!
Ohhhh yes the look. I'm 32 and the look will still silence me today 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My mum still terrifies me to this day!

it’s actually mad that sometimes I hear people screaming, shouting, pleading and begging to get their children to behave and the kids are still running wild, whereas “the look” was all it took when I was a kid! You didn’t dare show your mum up in public🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My mum still terrifies me to this day!

it’s actually mad that sometimes I hear people screaming, shouting, pleading and begging to get their children to behave and the kids are still running wild, whereas “the look” was all it took when I was a kid! You didn’t dare show your mum up in public🤣
Exactly! And Lord help me if I got the look followed by "if you keep on I'll tell your father" (when normally he was dad/daddy) that was enough to make me behave for a month 🤣

I have always said I don't necessarily have a problem with children but I hate most parents. People who actually parent their children are OK, but those who don't believe in saying no or other similar soft bollocks wind me up

Reactions: 11
Exactly! And Lord help me if I got the look followed by "if you keep on I'll tell your father" (when normally he was dad/daddy) that was enough to make me behave for a month 🤣

I have always said I don't necessarily have a problem with children but I hate most parents. People who actually parent their children are OK, but those who don't believe in saying no or other similar soft bollocks wind me up
People that turn their children into feral crotch fruits are the worst.

• Haha
If I wake up on the wrong side of the bed I even begrudge the fact my dog expects me to leave the house straightaway at 6/7am (sometimes 5am 😱), traipsing around a park looking like no one owns me. Then I think if I had child responsibilities and ugh. Sure, it would be nice to have a family, but I just don’t think kids are for me.

I walked said dog locally today and heard the neighbours in full meltdown at 8am with their toddler 🙊 Dad was at his wits end and shouted “just give her the milk and wait until she calms down”. I don't want to be dealing with that on a Sunday morning. I was always the kid who “you’d never know was here” so you could guarantee I’d end up with an imp.

I was at a small party this weekend for a surprise birthday thing… didn’t know most of the people there. The 40ish year old women there just constantly talked about their kids and how it was great to get a night off but that they would be paying for it the next day. Then when one of them asked if I had kids and I said no they just left me out of the conversations then. So rude 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
I was at a small party this weekend for a surprise birthday thing… didn’t know most of the people there. The 40ish year old women there just constantly talked about their kids and how it was great to get a night off but that they would be paying for it the next day. Then when one of them asked if I had kids and I said no they just left me out of the conversations then. So rude 🤦🏻‍♀️
They’re clearly jealous that you get to have a night off permanently!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Reminds me of this video:

"Or even just look in their direction. and the youngsters know to get out of the way.." (at 2:39 seconds in )

1624828493154.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
The children who live near me have reinforced the idea that I do not want children. One in particular has been a noisy twit since the day he was born, I think he’s now 6. He can’t go in the garden without shouting and screaming at the top of his voice, it’s constant. Then his parents talk louder, so he gets louder and they get louder. It’s never ending.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
The children who live near me have reinforced the idea that I do not want children. One in particular has been a noisy twit since the day he was born, I think he’s now 6. He can’t go in the garden without shouting and screaming at the top of his voice, it’s constant. Then his parents talk louder, so he gets louder and they get louder. It’s never ending.
Our neighbours kids are the same. Awful screaming brats. Feel sorry for them in a way because their parents are awful and just shout at them too. I said to my partner earlier, I don’t know how anyone who has ever heard children wants to have children. Those piercing screams make my ovaries shrivel up I swear to God.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Our neighbours kids are the same. Awful screaming brats. Feel sorry for them in a way because their parents are awful and just shout at them too. I said to my partner earlier, I don’t know how anyone who has ever heard children wants to have children. Those piercing screams make my ovaries shrivel up I swear to God.
I can’t stand the piercing screams either, they go straight through me. I’m all for the Victorian attitude that children should be seen and not heard 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m sure kids today are generally worse. We were never like that as kids. I’ve asked my Mam, and she’s assured me that we wouldn’t have seen the light of day if we’d behaved that way! 😂

Reactions: 12
I live next to a daycare and everyday, my ovaries shrivel up at the rate spinach does when it’s cooked. 😂

• Haha
I didn't know this thread existed, I've just read all 18 pages 😂

I'm childfree, relationship free and pet free. I've never had any interest in "settling down", I can't think of anything worse than living with a partner who's there all the time. 😂 I don't want to have to consider any other thing or person, I can go to gigs/sports/holidays/out out without having to arrange for someone to look after the dog/child. It's often easy to get better tickets for things if you just want one than if you need two! I love doing stuff alone.

I'm not a high powered career person either - I have a good job that allows me to have my holidays and enjoy the things I want, because all my money is for me. I don't have to think about buying pet food or accounting for potential vets bills, my disposable income is my own and I feel so in control.

I got out of bed at 11.45am today, a few weeks ago it was quarter to two in the afternoon 😂 on weekdays I get up at 8.40 to start work at 9 and even before WFH I was lucky enough to work a short walk away so when some of my colleagues were already at work for an 8.30 start I'd just be rolling out of bed to start at 9. I can't bring myself to get up early enough for breakfast let alone sort out a child or animal. I'm in my pyjamas now since I finished work for the weekend at 5 last night and I intend to stay in them until Monday 😂

If anyone asks me if I want children my reaction is genuinely "oh god no - I can't think of anything worse." I say it jovially but it generally stops the questions!

I'm 36 and I've never had a boyfriend or even been on any dates because I'm just not interested.

I know this is selfish but it's perfect for me. My great aunt recently died aged 91 and she had never married or had children, up until the last few years when she developed Alzheimer's she was still travelling and enjoying herself, she was completely fulfilled. That's the life I want!
This is sooo sweet.
It takes great courage to live the life you truly want, and not be worried about society's standards 💞
I'm glad you're happy ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree with the poster above about hating the parents of these little fuckers. I do feel bad for the kids that get no good/loving attention and guidance from their parents as it’s not the kids fault the parents suck. I wish people were more cautious about having kids if they’re not prepared and mentally incapable of developing the necessary maturity level that good parenting requires.

Thank you to any parent on here who is lovingly raising their kids with morals, respect and decency. Even though i don’t want and will thankfully never have my own, I bet I would like your kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve been reading this thread and I feel I want to put my two pence in. On others
posts I have loosely said I have kids, I don’t I was to ensure no one knew who I was.

I have been with my other half (not legally my husband, but for ease he is to everyone) for nearly 12 years, we are 31. I always envisaged having kids but as yet that desire to be a mother has yet to arrive inside.

We have always talked about kids in the future, we agreed early on that if one of us said no that was the end of it and that we would never opt for any medical intervention if it didn’t happen.

Perhaps if we had had friend with kids and lived around them it would be different. None of our close friends have kids, none are married. Most are single. We live in a very quiet village and there are two children on our road so we have a very peaceful life. We are both only children, and while we both have big extended families we aren’t close to them. If I am honest, I’m not a big fan of kids.

We have been very fortunate that I don’t ever recall being asked about kids except from my grandma who was desperate to be a great grandma before she passed but she was always told it would not be from me.

We have a family wedding next year (along with hopefully our own) so I expect a few comments. For us, we enjoy our life. I love my expensive gym membership, being able to go wherever we like, when we like. Pre covid we had a lot of disposable income and we like our house to be tidy and clean 😂

@JoeBloggs definitely feel you on the having a clean house!!! That’s a point I never think of (I have so many reasons I don’t want kids already), but it’s a great one to add to my list!! I’m not cleaning up after anyone but me (unless I’m caring for a sick family member).

• Heart
We had friends over with their two children (2 and 4) on Sunday. They were here for 3 hours and after they left my husband turned to me and said “thank duck I had a vasectomy“ 😂 … we were in bed by 9pm because the whole visit was so exhausting 😳.
I have never wanted children and neither has my husband thankfully. I never liked them and I find them a bit gross tbh … I also never believed the ‘but you’d love your own children’ line. My parents didn’t love me so it’s not a guarantee.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.