Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hardly a part timer if you’re doing the same hours 🤣
Some people really don't get this. We have a woman who routinely starts between 9.30 and 10. When we all get up to leave at 4/4.30 she starts with the part timer comments. She can't grasp thay when she walks in at 9.30 we have already been at work for at least an hour and a half! We don't make part timer comments or say "good afternoon" when she strolls in but thinks she's hard done by when we leave earlier than her.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Some people really don't get this. We have a woman who routinely starts between 9.30 and 10. When we all get up to leave at 4/4.30 she starts with the part timer comments. She can't grasp thay when she walks in at 9.30 we have already been at work for at least an hour and a half! We don't make part timer comments or say "good afternoon" when she strolls in but thinks she's hard done by when we leave earlier than her.
It’s stupid isn’t it!! Every time she does I’d just have to make the comment “well I started earlier than you so?” 🤷‍♀️ Just because people’s stupidity annoys me! 🤣

It’s the same as when people gloat because they are off on annual leave… so what? If I wanted it off I’d have booked it off!!😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hardly a part timer if you’re doing the same hours 🤣
I don't think they can do math :LOL:

Yeah on the days I start at 4.30am I go home when they all go for lunch and they're like "half day again" and I'm like nah mate done my 8 hours so I'm going shopping now lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Im at work and looking at steam mops .. riveting I know.. someone just commented but youv time to mop normally 🤯 I do but I don't want to 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Im at work and looking at steam mops .. riveting I know.. someone just commented but youv time to mop normally 🤯 I do but I don't want to 🤣
I have a steam mop! Way better for my floors too!
Not having kids frees up a lot of time, why should we spend that free time doing manual labour?

Reactions: 6
I'm the opposite, I love going into work super early so I can get out and do what I want with the rest of my day. Then I get "part-timer" comments from the jealous parents, they can't roll in until 9 because of daycare so have to stay until 5.
Same, I've always been a start early finish early type. I wake up early naturally and I have had comments from parents before along the lines of 'why were you up so early when you didn't need to be'! 🙄

Reactions: 8
My husband and I always assumed we’d have children. They were just in our future plan. We’re 13 years in and so far no children, but when we first got together we were only 19, so we always said if one of us says no to having children then that’s the decision made the other person has to accept that. I guess if you have an underlying desperation to have a baby that might change things but that agreement is still in place today.

I loved the Greg James article. The bit about you need to be so certain if you want to have a child. I have felt a very minor broody trembling over the last few months and I mean it is a fleeting thought every once in a while and at no point, have I seriously considered having a child. I think people need to do that thing they used to do in the US where you’d be given a fake baby because I think the reality is so different and while, yes some women do absolutely take to it.
One of my closest friends who we were kind of friends, because neither of us wanted children had a baby last year and she is the most wonderful mother. She loves every element of being a mother and I am so happy for her, but I think there are so many women including my own mother who are not 100% into being a parent.
The thing that gave birth to me is the reason I will never have kids. Not even sure the dirty woman can be called a female let alone mother. She is a vile narcasict who has no business being a mother and I will never ever put a child through that as how am I supposed to be a mother to a child when I have no idea what a mother child relationship is supposed to be like. The saying every child deserves a mother but not every mother deserves a child should be more well known, it’s relevant in thousands of kids lives.

• Heart
Uh oh, the parents have found that Greg James article 😂 saw someone on Insta who already has two kids saying she totally understands where he's coming from because people are always asking when she's going to have another kid...?!

Stop trying to make everything about parents! It's not about you! Someone with two kids simply does not get questioned or treated the same way as a woman without kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Uh oh, the parents have found that Greg James article 😂 saw someone on Insta who already has two kids saying she totally understands where he's coming from because people are always asking when she's going to have another kid...?!

Stop trying to make everything about parents! It's not about you! Someone with two kids simply does not get questioned or treated the same way as a woman without kids.
“parents: not everything is about you” needs to be the next thread title 🤣

i noticed that too in his insta comments, like he wrote an honest and frank article about why he doesn’t want kids, doesn’t think they would fit into his life, would mean he would have to give up things he enjoys….. and there are parents commenting like “yes know exactly where you’re coming from! people ask me when i’m going to have my seventh child all the time!”

why do parents want so desperately to be included in everything?! it’s like if we all went and joined a mother and baby group.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
“parents: not everything is about you” needs to be the next thread title 🤣

i noticed that too in his insta comments, like he wrote an honest and frank article about why he doesn’t want kids, doesn’t think they would fit into his life, would mean he would have to give up things he enjoys….. and there are parents commenting like “yes know exactly where you’re coming from! people ask me when i’m going to have my seventh child all the time!”

why do parents want so desperately to be included in everything?! it’s like if we all went and joined a mother and baby group.
Because being a parent is their whole world, personally and life. How dare they be excluded!

It is so draining, stay in your lane. This is our conversation and as the articles explains we do not a parents point of view.

• Heart
I have a steam mop! Way better for my floors too!
Not having kids frees up a lot of time, why should we spend that free time doing manual labour?
I spend the spare money I have from not having kids on having cleaners 😂 reminds me of a very weird conversation my partner had with MIL (who we are no longer in contact with) about how we shouldn’t need cleaners, I was just ‘lazy’ (not him - note we do the same busy job…) and when he pointed out that another woman in his family has cleaners and his Mum never thought that was an issue, MIL replied ‘well (other woman) has kids so she needs cleaners’ 🫠🫠🫠 apparently you only deserve cleaners if you have kids otherwise you’re lazy! Sod that, my house, my money.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I spend the spare money I have from not having kids on having cleaners 😂 reminds me of a very weird conversation my partner had with MIL (who we are no longer in contact with) about how we shouldn’t need cleaners, I was just ‘lazy’ (not him - note we do the same busy job…) and when he pointed out that another woman in his family has cleaners and his Mum never thought that was an issue, MIL replied ‘well (other woman) has kids so she needs cleaners’ 🫠🫠🫠 apparently you only deserve cleaners if you have kids otherwise you’re lazy! Sod that, my house, my money.
How ridiculous! If you can afford a clean and you want a cleaner, then you get a cleaner! What’s having kids got to do with it?
We’ve debated before about getting a cleaner because we both work long days and we can’t be bothered spending the weekends cleaning!

My MIL is always under the impression that I should do the majority of the housework as well, despite the fact that we both work the same amount of hours! She gets so annoyed that I don’t baby her son, totally ridiculous! He’s more than happy to do his share, in fact he even takes my share of jobs from me without me asking 😂

(Heads up: no kids in this anecdote)

I sent a video of my new robot vacuum cleaner making its way around the room - I'd just had laminate flooring installed and a quick run of it each day keeps the volume of dust bunnies down (also my long hair gets bloody everywhere - how?!). My mum responds with "how lazy you are!"

Piss off Mum, I work full time in a demanding finance job and I'm tired. You haven't worked since you were 25 and have a cleaner 3 hours a week for a house that only 2 people live in.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Yeah my husband is the one who cooks 90% of the time, when my dad found out he had a right go at me. Apparently my life's too easy :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Just nabbed myself a promotion because the person two levels above me at work is pregnant 😆 Thankfully I was away when the whole showing off the scan photo was happening

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
How ridiculous! If you can afford a clean and you want a cleaner, then you get a cleaner! What’s having kids got to do with it?
We’ve debated before about getting a cleaner because we both work long days and we can’t be bothered spending the weekends cleaning!
We got a cleaner last year and it was such a great decision. She comes every Friday afternoon and is fab, money very well spent to wake up on Saturday morning not having to go to work and the house is clean and tidy. Get the cleaner, enjoy your free time :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 10
My mother has also tried to pull the, "Oh, you have a cleaner?" judgemental bullshit before, however I reminded her that my nan would go round to her place and iron, bring food and clean her home. The difference is, my cleaner gets paid :sneaky:

Another day, another father on LinkedIn, "I have a new boss! They drool and sleep for two hours at a time... " 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.