Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Started the new thread, I hope it's okay. First thread option seemed to have the most votes, thank you @mediocrehouseplant 🙏

Last thread was adult only resorts and cruises, childfree holidays, being told by some members who are parents that we actually do want kids, we just don't know it yet (!), some horrid birth stories and overall still being happy with our choice. If anyone would like to add to the recap, please do.

Carry on! x

Previous thread:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Did anyone else have friends or people they knew at school who you were convinced would never have kids and then they did?

two girls I was friends with in high school were both so similar, both not maternal, both bullies to things smaller and weaker, both quite aggressive and neither had any interest in kids and actually hated them.

one got pregnant unplanned and now has two kids and the other planned the pregnancy. I was really shocked and I still am🤣

Reactions: 7
Yes, she was the first one among my extended group of friends to have a child. (Immediately after uni.) I was shocked because I never thought she was hoping to be a mother and I always thought her and her husband to be the more 'wait until we're settled' type but that's just me, we weren't too close so it's only natural that I wouldn't know intimate stuff like family plans. It was madness to me but she seems very happy 🤷

In my early 30s and I'm hardly ever surprised anymore. I neither care nor mind who wants to raise a child, as long as they don't ask me to do it haha. I'll offer my congratulations along with a baby gift and swiftly return to my childfree life to do sweet f all with my time. ☕

Reactions: 11
Yes, she was the first one among my extended group of friends to have a child. (Immediately after uni.) I was shocked because I never thought she was hoping to be a mother and I always thought her and her husband to be the more 'wait until we're settled' type but that's just me, we weren't too close so it's only natural that I wouldn't know intimate stuff like family plans. It was madness to me but she seems very happy 🤷

In my early 30s and I'm hardly ever surprised anymore. I neither care nor mind who wants to raise a child, as long as they don't ask me to do it haha. I'll offer my congratulations along with a baby gift and swiftly return to my childfree life to do sweet f all with my time. ☕
it’s just crazy.

I usually have no interest in anyone have a kid, but these two ex friends of mine from school just shocked and worried me. They were both quite cruel people, here’s hoping being a mum changed them and they don’t rub off on their kids!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Ffs 🤦🏻‍♀️ I work full time (and then some) for a large company and I still don’t get a Christmas party. Guess I’d better go and write a self pitying post about the choices I made and feel sorry for myself.

Oh duck off and get a coil fitted you pathetic bleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
it’s just crazy.

I usually have no interest in anyone have a kid, but these two ex friends of mine from school just shocked and worried me. They were both quite cruel people, here’s hoping being a mum changed them and they don’t rub off on their kids!
not child related but it always baffles me when I see people from school who were absolute demons go into jobs that involve some kind of caring like nurses or teachers

Reactions: 22
Did anyone else have friends or people they knew at school who you were convinced would never have kids and then they did?
A girl I went to uni with was adamant she was going to move abroad, never marry of have kids. She has two and is married living in the UK.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
not child related but it always baffles me when I see people from school who were absolute demons go into jobs that involve some kind of caring like nurses or teachers
Yeah that’s another weird one isn’t it. A few people I used to go to school with were total nasty bullies and now they work in caring roles. I hope they are more caring than they used to be.

A girl I went to uni with was adamant she was going to move abroad, never marry of have kids. She has two and is married living in the UK.
Christ, a bit of a turn around! 🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
I just finished a video from The Financial Diet about the workload taken by women with children then I saw this pearl of a comment :

Screenshot_20221209_183501.jpg

I don't understand why in God's name women marry or have children with spineless men who don't help them.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I just finished a video from The Financial Diet about the workload taken by women with children then I saw this pearl of a comment :

View attachment 1794933

I don't understand why in God's name women marry or have children with spineless men who don't help them.
I think some women’s desperation to have a child takes over. Case and point with my oldest friend.
Also I do think it’s hard to find a man who doesn’t have some of these traits. Men get jealous and they also don’t have to change their life. They should but as a mother you have to. Today’s social still puts them emphasis on the mothers as the main cater.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
They are jobs where you are in a position of power over the vulnerable people you care for, so I'm not at all surprised that such tit stains gravitate towards these careers. Scary to think about (and obviously not every teacher/nurse/carer is a beast) but happens often enough.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Was my sisters wedding yesterday...Best contraception ever. All the parents had a miserable time.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Shopping centers during Christmas time are worst. Kids screaming their heads off, running all over the place, crying. Not for me. Headache inducing. I still wonder how in this day and age some parents want multiple kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Shopping centers during Christmas time are worst. Kids screaming their heads off, running all over the place, crying. Not for me. Headache inducing. I still wonder how in this day and age some parents want multiple kids.
This is why I do all my Christmas shopping either very early in the year or online! Absolutely no chance of me going to a shop this time of year.

Someone put on FB this morning a photo of their kid, during the night he had moved the entire contents of his room into the bathroom. Proud mum posts it on FB 'cos it's funny'. Nope, not funny in the slightest. If it were my kid I'd have committed murder suicide by now. Absolutely zero tolerance for that kind of s**t.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This is why I do all my Christmas shopping either very early in the year or online! Absolutely no chance of me going to a shop this time of year.

Someone put on FB this morning a photo of their kid, during the night he had moved the entire contents of his room into the bathroom. Proud mum posts it on FB 'cos it's funny'. Nope, not funny in the slightest. If it were my kid I'd have committed murder suicide by now. Absolutely zero tolerance for that kind of s**t.
I usually only leave the house for the pub during December. I cannot face the shops, the supermarket is bad enough so I tend to go very late at night.

Why we cannot have kid free hours or days a few times a year baffles me. I just want peace!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.