Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having a break from cleaning. Husband is watching football and I'm doing some crafting while listening to an audiobook.

I think these are the things I would miss most if I had a kid. Just being able to switch off and do whatever I want and not having to be responsible for another person and keeping them alive.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Today we had a sleep in then breakfast in bed. I went to the hairdresser’s and now in the pub for a nice lunch and couple of afternoon pints, living the dream! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Husband’s out with friends so I’m sat on the settee with crisps and an alcoholic beverage. This is pretty much it for the rest of the weekend!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I had a lie in, went to get my eyebrows waxed, did my mums nails and then my boyfriend and I had a power half hour of cleaning the house together. Now we're chilling infront of the TV for the rest of the day 😍

Reactions: 8
I had a lie in, went to get my eyebrows waxed, did my mums nails and then my boyfriend and I had a power half hour of cleaning the house together. Now we're chilling infront of the TV for the rest of the day 😍
It's amazing isn't it, how far that half hour goes when you don't have toys and shite all over the house!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Having a break from cleaning. Husband is watching football and I'm doing some crafting while listening to an audiobook.

I think these are the things I would miss most if I had a kid. Just being able to switch off and do whatever I want and not having to be responsible for another person and keeping them alive.
Yeah I was kind of lonely when I was a kid of like 10 because my mum and dad just did their own thing on the weekends (reading the paper, at home spa treatments). I was in the house safe and fed and cared for, but I wasn’t stimulated. I used to sit in my room feeling depressed and looking at pics of models prettier than me etc which was so toxic 😆 If I had a kid I’d always want to check it was feeling okay for that reason, but kids/teenagers need space as well- I’d feel guilty I wasn’t doing the right thing either way

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We had a lie in until about 11. Intially we wanted to take down the Christmas tree but then thought: "duck it. It will last another week." 😆😆😆😆😆 So I had a 3 hour nap instead than we made dinner and did some laundry. Had a nice long bath and now I'm hanging out on the sofa reading tattle. Probably will be doing this until 2am. Then off to bed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I love how many other non-parents just chill out and do nothing much on a weekend. I did my housework yesterday lunchtime so I wouldn't have to do any of it today, that's the beauty of having a small house and no kid stuff! Watched that Stacey Solomon tidying programme earlier, OH and I both just horrified at the amount of toys and clothes those people have...

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I love how many other non-parents just chill out and do nothing much on a weekend. I did my housework yesterday lunchtime so I wouldn't have to do any of it today, that's the beauty of having a small house and no kid stuff! Watched that Stacey Solomon tidying programme earlier, OH and I both just horrified at the amount of toys and clothes those people have...
yes to this it makes it even more normal to chill out for the weekend.

Iv not done much slept in planted a few flowers and chilling with some wine

Reactions: 9
We've had a lovely Saturday. I got up, took the dog out and husband had a little lie in. We then relaxed and had our coffee then popped out to do a few errands. Came back home, he's doing financial stuff and I did some cleaning and laundry. We had homemade pierogis for dinner!
Tomorrow we are out for brunch with some friends and then we are making a roast😁

---

We had a lie in until about 11. Intially we wanted to take down the Christmas tree but then thought: "duck it. It will last another week." 😆😆😆😆😆 So I had a 3 hour nap instead than we made dinner and did some laundry. Had a nice long bath and now I'm hanging out on the sofa reading tattle. Probably will be doing this until 2am. Then off to bed.
Our fake tree is still up too 😂😂. Love having the lights on at night 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 11
We've had a lovely Saturday. I got up, took the dog out and husband had a little lie in. We then relaxed and had our coffee then popped out to do a few errands. Came back home, he's doing financial stuff and I did some cleaning and laundry. We had homemade pierogis for dinner!
Tomorrow we are out for brunch with some friends and then we are making a roast😁

---

Our fake tree is still up too 😂😂. Love having the lights on at night 😁
Ours is real and still going strong in its 6th week😳. We stopped watering it 2 weeks ago but still no sign of drying up. Weired tree. I love the lights. I even close the blinds during the day to be able to enjoy the lights🥰🥰🥰🥰.

Reactions: 8
We are going on a ski holiday today 😁 No kids on the plane but a bloke snorting every 2 seconds 😂 can’t win lol

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We are going on a ski holiday today 😁 No kids on the plane but a bloke snorting every 2 seconds 😂 can’t win lol
I would take a bloke snorting to 3 very young babies who tag teamed to scream for 11 hours on a flight I had home recently. I add this was in business.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Sunday is definitely the best day!
Just been on an 11km walk through the countryside which is on our doorstep, had brunch out and now home to chill & watch tv!
We might even order a Chinese later!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The child free by choice contingent has grown to 3 of us at work. This makes me ridiculously happy as I’ve always been the odd one who didn’t want kids and now I have a tribe 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I had a dream last night where I was pregnant, I was miserable about it and I never woke up more relieved.

Nothing else to report, carry on 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Saw this on LinkedIn earlier, wish I had the privilege of saying “it’s 4:30 no more meetings please I’ve got stuff to do”.

136CD120-FE6C-4F06-8B85-4F0B3D4DFCA4.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Saw this on LinkedIn earlier, wish I had the privilege of saying “it’s 4:30 no more meetings please I’ve got stuff to do”.

View attachment 1922419
i’m going to email my boss tomorrow and say i need to finish at 3 every day because my little tummy can’t wait for my little body to drive us home any later than that.

just saw the use of “herculean feat” too. dude (or dudette) if you’re referring to raising your children as an actual act of penance bestowed upon you by vengeful gods then their little tummies are the least of anyone’s worries tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.