Childfree by choice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's upsetting to know that people like this are allowed to vote
I agree… look what’s happened in the US because of people like that being allowed to vote to take away women’s rights.

Even in the uk, I still feel like women aren’t treated fairly in all respects and we still get a harsh time in some ways. I won’t go anywhere on my own anymore because I’ve been harassed that many times from lads, it’s just stupid.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Chatting to my neighbour the other week and he told me you're not a woman until you have a child. I didn't know how to respond but it pissed me off.
I'd laugh and say "ok". If she said it as a dig, it'll annoy her that it didn't have the intended effect. If she said it thoughtlessly, I'd hope it'd convey that I thought she was stupid.
There are a lot of opinionated morons out there, I wouldn't give any of them the satisfaction of upsetting me. Her opinion is worthless.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I'm going on a rant. Someone has just had the cheek to tell me that my opinion on having children would be different if I was with the right partner...WHAT THE ACTUAL duck. WHO SAYS THINGS LIKE THAT!?!

I'm 31 I have an amazing boyfriend, we have been together for 7 years, we have a great relationship. I've known for most of my life that I didn't want to be a mother and made sure I picked a partner who also didn't want kids.

I'm so angry!!!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I'm going on a rant. Someone has just had the cheek to tell me that my opinion on having children would be different if I was with the right partner...WHAT THE ACTUAL duck. WHO SAYS THINGS LIKE THAT!?!

I'm 31 I have an amazing boyfriend, we have been together for 7 years, we have a great relationship. I've known for most of my life that I didn't want to be a mother and made sure I picked a partner who also didn't want kids.

I'm so angry!!!
People are pricks, how the hell they can tell whether someone is right for you without even knowing your relationship? This is another thing I hate about this mentality. Some people are so desperate to prove that they have a good relationship, they have children without considering whether they should be parents. If you need to bring extra lifeninto your home to settle your nerves about the stability of your love and commitment, you're ruining your relationship and your kids from the get go. Inexplicable stupidity.

Reactions: 8
So is the choice between clubbing or having kids? I pick neither 😂 the life to me is having multiple holidays a year and being able to sip cocktails in the sun in peace oh and being able to come home from work and turn into a couch potato without being harassed 😂
People think this is “the life“ 🤰👨‍🍼👨‍👨‍👦 🍼 🧸 ⚽ 🤒 💩 😭 🧫

Actually is “the life” 🛋 🥔 😴 📺 🌎 🖼 😃

(I fixed it 🙂 Jk people can have whatever life they want funnily enough)

• Haha
Reactions: 17

My manager was saying how he had to get up at 5am Saturday for some football thing his son was doing. Then various other child related activities all day. Sunday a football tournament that involved another early start and ferrying his son and friends around then dropping off at grandparents and other things.

I couldn't think of anything worse. I didn't get up until 9:30 Saturday had a lovely brunch, did a fewnhouse related jobs and then chilled out with a glass of wine and finished my book. Sunday I did nothing all day except read and cross stitch. It was bliss.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

(I fixed it 🙂 Jk people can have whatever life they want funnily enough)
Exactly! It always annoys me how having kids is seen as the done way to do life, ridiculous 😂

Reactions: 6
So is the choice between clubbing or having kids? I pick neither 😂 the life to me is having multiple holidays a year and being able to sip cocktails in the sun in peace oh and being able to come home from work and turn into a couch potato without being harassed 😂
Problem is they don’t stay cute little photo props for very long. I used to work with a lady in her 60s who had a son in his 30s that was a bit of an entitled victim. He would call his mum at work and scream at her for money down the phone. So loud I could hear it from her phone across the desks. One time he told her he wanted £30 for sandals as she was the reason he was so miserable and it was the least she could do. BUY ME SANDALS. It was funny to start thinking Jesus he really wants those sandals. but She was visibly shaking and rushed out to the toilet to transfer the money. No thanks. Also one of my in-law siblings is very similar. In their 40s Calls my MIL every day to complain about his life (and our “privilege” 😂 ) The in-law does crazy/self destructive things like marrying a stranger from an app because we got married after many years and buying a house she couldnt afford because we bought a house… MIL is 70s and still has to deal with this nonsense every day. (Even though she’s a bit of a cow🫢 ) it’s like a life sentence. So they can keep those fleeting moments of cute happy familyness if it means having to deal with crap into my late retirement 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Problem is they don’t stay cute little photo props for very long. I used to work with a lady in her 60s who had a son in his 30s that was a bit of an entitled victim. He would call his mum at work and scream at her for money down the phone. So loud I could hear it from her phone across the desks. One time he told her he wanted £30 for sandals as she was the reason he was so miserable and it was the least she could do. BUY ME SANDALS. It was funny to start thinking Jesus he really wants those sandals. but She was visibly shaking and rushed out to the toilet to transfer the money. No thanks. Also one of my in-law siblings is very similar. In their 40s Calls my MIL every day to complain about his life (and our “privilege” 😂 ) The in-law does crazy/self destructive things like marrying a stranger from an app because we got married after many years and buying a house she couldnt afford because we bought a house… MIL is 70s and still has to deal with this nonsense every day. (Even though she’s a bit of a cow🫢 ) it’s like a life sentence. So they can keep those fleeting moments of cute happy familyness if it means having to deal with crap into my late retirement 😂
See these things all contribute to the reasons why I don’t want kids!! Some of them grow up to be the devils spawn! Although to be fair, I do blame the parents when a 30 year old is screaming for sandals 😂😂 if I did that to my mum she would come round to my house, slap me hard with said sandals and leave with the sandals😂😂😂

I’ve seen people like that before and it’s gross. I saw some woman in primark once (probs 20s) proper speaking to her mum like tit on her shoe for no apparent reason and the mum was just taking it! Shocking!

I had a woman ring me once when I worked in a call centre and she was hysterical cause her adult daughter had been kicking off with her for not sorting her flights out…

saw on a program as well once that someone rang the police on their 12 year old daughter cause she was beating her up!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Hey guys! Love reading this thread so I thought I’d jump in. I’m 26 and have never wanted kids, I am very work orientated and I couldn’t think of anything worse than giving things up to have kids in the same way that my friends have! A few examples being ‘ can’t go on holiday I have a child’ ‘ i have to be home by 7 because of xyz bedtime’ ‘ oh I look a mess #mumlife’ you get my point 😂 but fast forward and I’m 6 months pregnant! I do believe that until you are pregnant and you start feeling your baby ect you don’t realise how much you want/ love that child but I will NOT give anything up! He will be a part of my life and I never want to lose myself in that. How annoying is it when people just use their kids as an excuse to be lazy and have no goals! Only problem is I don’t think I’ll have any mam friends who agree with my views 😂😂
When the babies born, come back and tell us about all the holidays you’re going on and how amazing you’re looking while living on maternity pay and saving up for all the childcare costs when youre back at work 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
When the babies born, come back and tell us about all the holidays you’re going on and how amazing you’re looking while living on maternity pay and saving up for all the childcare costs when youre back at work 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Erling you will have the genetics to make amazing babies. 😏 🔥 the world needs more of you!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Why do people come on a childfree thread to talk about having kids?

Can you imagine if we went on the mummy thread to talk to them like that?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Why do people come on a childfree thread to talk about having kids?

Can you imagine if we went on the mummy thread to talk to them like that?
I was joking with the Erling Haaland comment btw 🙈 what women are told all the time. Hope its come across like that 🥲🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My bad, I thought it was a new one. Please ignore my comment. 😌
I wouldn't worry about it, I thought exactly the same at the time. (Tbh it was more along the lines of "ok, good for you???...")

I can't imagine going on a mum thread and gloating that I did duck-all else apart from slob in my flat this weekend, because the weather was shite and I fancied sitting about in my pjs and only doing things that I wanted to be doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Chatting to my neighbour the other week and he told me you're not a woman until you have a child. I didn't know how to respond but it pissed me off.

There's more to life than having a baby and so many people have children when they shouldn't. It's choice and I wish people would mind their own damn business.
What are we then? Men? Or children? I’m sure men - parents, childfree or childless - wont be pleased about that considering most men have had sex with a ‘woman’ with no children at some point 🤔

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.