Childfree by choice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah yes, because that's what women fought decades over contraceptive rights for šŸ™„
It just baffles me when couples say they're "shocked" they got pregnant, but then reveal they weren't using contraception, cant be that much of a surprise then eh
Flashback to the pull out conversation in the previous thread šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Itā€™s something Iā€™ve never quite understood, moaning about the cost of having a kid (nurseries, childcare, etc) and then complaining that you never get your figure back, you pee yourself when you laugh/sneeze/etc, I mean surely you knew these things before getting in to it? Itā€™s like, you chose to do this
I donā€™t mind people complaining, itā€™s just human nature, the thing that gets me is when they say all that and then act shocked I donā€™t want kids/try and talk me into it/act like Iā€™m not normal etc. Erm, you just gave me about 12 reasons you hate your kids/motherhood and now you want me to have kidsā€¦ #MiseryLovesCompany

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Someone I know, who doesnā€™t have kids, posts Stories from a different christening/childā€™s birthday/first communion etc almost every weekend! Thereā€™s no way in hell Iā€™d devote easily 70% of my weekends to hanging out with children and Iā€™d be fuming to be expected to attend so many childrenā€™s events. Thatā€™s something that does concern me, that once my friends have kids Iā€™ll have to come up with elaborate excuses not to go to the bloody farm with them all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Someone I know, who doesnā€™t have kids, posts Stories from a different christening/childā€™s birthday/first communion etc almost every weekend! Thereā€™s no way in hell Iā€™d devote easily 70% of my weekends to hanging out with children and Iā€™d be fuming to be expected to attend so many childrenā€™s events. Thatā€™s something that does concern me, that once my friends have kids Iā€™ll have to come up with elaborate excuses not to go to the bloody farm with them all the time.
Pretend youā€™ve got a very time consuming hobby, make it boring so no one asks follow up questions, stay home and watch Netflix.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Pretend youā€™ve got a very time consuming hobby, make it boring so no one asks follow up questions, stay home and watch Netflix.
Geocaching might be a good one for this - endless rambling outdoors in (relatively?) remote locations; can be done in groups so no, sadly, you can't make it this weekend as you'll be letting your group down as you're responsible for locating cache #2 šŸ™ƒ

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Thatā€™s disgusting! Canā€™t believe the way she is manhandling that poor cat šŸ˜” I have a pet cat and I wouldnā€™t dream of picking him up like that.
I found it really distressing to see her open the door on the cat and then pick it up by itā€™s skin on his back and carry him šŸ˜¢ I had a skim through the comments and theyā€™re all laughing about it! šŸ¤¬
Would the cat not run away if it didnā€™t like it, though?!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I found it really distressing to see her open the door on the cat and then pick it up by itā€™s skin on his back and carry him šŸ˜¢ I had a skim through the comments and theyā€™re all laughing about it! šŸ¤¬
Would the cat not run away if it didnā€™t like it, though?!
My cat runs away if he doesnā€™t want me to pick him up (I always pick him up gently and slowly, but heā€™s a big cat so doesnā€™t always want to be handled), but some cats will just fight like that one. You can see he didnā€™t like it from his posture, poor thing looked aggravated.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
My cat runs away if he doesnā€™t want me to pick him up (I always pick him up gently and slowly, but heā€™s a big cat so doesnā€™t always want to be handled), but some cats will just fight like that one. You can see he didnā€™t like it from his posture, poor thing looked aggravated.
Also (although that child needs a talking to) a lot of animals get they're dealing with the very young and tend to tolerate this stuff more

Reactions: 1
Also (although that child needs a talking to) a lot of animals get they're dealing with the very young and tend to tolerate this stuff more
Yeah, he did bite her a couple of times though.

So many kids now have no respect for anything. Horrible world to bring kids into when thereā€™s so many vile ones around!

Reactions: 2
I can't believe what I'm watching here! What parent would allow a child to treat an animal like that?! Poor kittyšŸ˜¢ I'm disgusted that they're even filming it šŸ˜Ÿ
I've just watched it a second time, what sort of human are they aiming to raise? What sort of humans are they?

Reactions: 3
I've just watched it a second time, what sort of human are they aiming to raise? What sort of humans are they?
They probably think it's hilarious. It actually upset me that the child was allowed to treat the cat that way and no one intervened. And the cat was clearly scratching and biting and no one seemed that bothered about the child either. It makes me wonder what they would do if the child was trying to do that to a baby... Would they stop it?

Reactions: 8
They probably think it's hilarious. It actually upset me that the child was allowed to treat the cat that way and no one intervened. And the cat was clearly scratching and biting and no one seemed that bothered about the child either. It makes me wonder what they would do if the child was trying to do that to a baby... Would they stop it?
Probably not. Parents donā€™t seem to stop kids from doing anything anymore. Even if it puts the kid/others in danger. Which I see all the time. Supermarket standing up in the trolley,
Airport riding on luggage conveyor, playing on escalators the wrong way with people coming the right way, running around DIY shops/ikea with people with wood & tools etc. Parents are normally totally spaced out or on phones. Or like you said they think itā€™s funny. Iā€™m always shocked that more children arenā€™t seriously injured or killed from being unsupervised or just plain ignored doing things. I think itā€™s just serious parallel universe sheer dumb luck to be honest. I saw a stupid quote my friend put on Facebook along the lines of ā€œWhen children behave their worst thatā€™s when they need your love the mostā€ā€¦ nahh thatā€™s when they need to learn how to behave and be a member of society, however young. Itā€™s not all about them

Reactions: 7
Itā€™s really nice to see that there are so many like minded people on this thread. I always imagined whilst growing up that Iā€™d do the marriage and kids thing, but since getting into my 30ā€™s (Iā€™m now 35) I realise I donā€™t want that at all. My partner who lives with me has a 5 year old girl from his previous relationship. He sees her twice a week, one of those is usually with her at our house and recently sheā€™s started to sleep over every other weekend. Is it terrible that I struggle with this?! I mean I knew getting involved with him that she was part of the deal but I just struggle with the noise, the constantly being hyper, the mess around the house and that he lets her do whatever she wants when she wants. Sheā€™s actually a nice kid overall but I canā€™t wait for her to get older and be less needy and noisy. If anything, she has reinforced that I definitely want to continue my child free life and the doing what I want when I want. I also had a difficult upbringing and my mum wasnā€™t the most maternal person, I feel Iā€™d be a terrible mother anyway as my patience for any of the above is pretty much zero. I just want to get a dog and have a quiet, selfish life. I also really donā€™t understand others desire to just constantly breed more and more kids, donā€™t people have hobbies or interests to focus their attention on. Or is it that they just lack in some emotional area which makes them want what they think is unconditional love from children to somehow fix that?!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.