Childfree by choice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if I need to ‘powder a little booty’ to feel love, then I’m alright thanks. I will happily remain joyless and cold til I die 🥱

• Haha
Reactions: 24
if I need to ‘powder a little booty’ to feel love, then I’m alright thanks. I will happily remain joyless and cold til I die 🥱
i hate the “you don’t know love until you’ve had a child” one cause it’s condescending but also like how miserable is that. You don’t think love exists in different forms?

edting for spelling

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I just don’t think babies are cute :) whenever I see a pic shared I feel nothing unless it’s REALLY cute. Am I heartless or just un-maternal? :)

• Heart
Reactions: 24
That love post is also incredibly insensitive to mothers who have had miscarriages or still births

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I think (like adults) some babies are cute but some are proper ugly and scary. Especially the cone-head ones that just stare at you in supermarkets.

This is the thing, how do you know YOUR kid will have a nice personality that gels with yours? I’ve met some kids that are polite and adorable and I probably wouldn’t mind having, whereas my little brother was always a rude and attention-seeking brat and we only started getting on once he turned 18 (and even then I wouldn’t say we’re friends). You just don’t know. What if that magical love never comes and you’re just left doing 18 years of drudgery?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
All love is different. I love my husband and I love my pets but those loves are not the same. Some people don't have siblings or cousins, they won't know that type of love. Some people truly love their careers and some don't. There is always love people don't experience. Loving a child as a parent is just another kind of love - it doesn't need to be put on some pedestal and tbh, sometimes it comes across as parents needing to validate their decision to have children to by citing it as 'better' somehow.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Loads of people who aren’t parents have done that stuff anyway with baby relatives, friends baby’s, if they’re a baby sitter/nanny/nursery worker. So it makes so sense.

If anyone I know posted that I’d just comment ‘Aw that’s lovely, must be heartbreaking to know your baby will never be able to love you properly but good for you looking at the silver lining’.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Why do parents post pictures of children with food around their mouths? It’s so gross, imagine if an adult posted that 🤢😂

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Why do parents post pictures of children with food around their mouths? It’s so gross, imagine if an adult posted that 🤢😂
This is why my Brother also never wants kids lol he cannot tolerate food around anyone's mouth, not even a milk tache. He will vomit 😂 our poor mother was never getting grandkids haha

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Someone I follow occasionally posted a story yesterday of their baby with food all over their face. I nearly got sick

• Sick
Reactions: 3
I've done all those things listed a bazillion times through working with kids and looking after my niece and nephew, and I really don't feel like I'm missing out. I could write an alternative one about every time you wipe a snotty nose, change a crappy nappy, deal with a two year old having a tantrum etc. No one suggests that you're missing out experiencing those things!

Reactions: 8
Also like, are you missing out when you've got a teenage tearaway? No one talks about when your teenager is moody, does drugs, sneaks out, gets expelled from school, sex, pregnancy. No love like it though 🥴

• Sad
Reactions: 21
The actual thing no one talks about is it’s not ‘missing out’ if you don’t want to do it!

You’re not missing out on being a parent or an accountant or a baker or a lawyer or living in canada or mountain climbing or learning German or eating caviar or having a bikini wax or learning karate or anything else if you do not want to do that with your life.

The only things you’re missing out on are the things you want to do but are putting off or not doing for any reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Reason #18 for not wanting kids : they make so much noise early in the morning even during the weekends.

I'm currently at my mother's place and her neighbours downstairs just don't educate their kids. They let them run and shout for hours in their house.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
When you go out with friends for a few drinks and all they talk about is their kids and how it’s so hard and great to get a night out etc 😩 it just wears thin with me! I always wonder why they say it to me when I have no kids, not like I can relate in anyway 🤣

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I work with someone who has 3 kids under 10 and they make comments about how they can’t remember the last time they went on holiday etc. or how the last time they went overseas was before they had children.
That’s the sacrifice you made. If you can’t afford it, shut up.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
When you go out with friends for a few drinks and all they talk about is their kids and how it’s so hard and great to get a night out etc 😩 it just wears thin with me! I always wonder why they say it to me when I have no kids, not like I can relate in anyway 🤣
I find those conversations hilarious ‘it’s lovely to be away from the kids, so nice just to be ME again and not just MUM, you know! Nice to be out as well, been stuck in the house all week because Daisy had been sick, poor thing, she missed dance class at the weekend because she wasn’t well, she was devastated, she was fine about missing her maths test though haha. Yeah, she’s just watched Disney films mainly….’ And on it goes for three hours until she goes home to be MUM again instead of ME like she has been that night. Apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I work with someone who has 3 kids under 10 and they make comments about how they can’t remember the last time they went on holiday etc. or how the last time they went overseas was before they had children.
That’s the sacrifice you made. If you can’t afford it, shut up.
Someone on a work teams chat posted they are looking forward to going away for the weekend with their husband for the first time since their daughter was born. Their daughter was born in 2003.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.