Childfree by choice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
36 here and have never felt any desire to be “mummy”. If I start to even think what if… I just step outside amongst people with kids and it just affirms my thoughts 10x 😂. I was at a theme park recently and was shocked to see the amount of kids hitting their parents. One boy must have been like 8 and was waiting in line in front of us for food, it was a bit of a wait and he was fed up. Was dancing around and was like “I’m sooo bored this is stupid why are we waiting so long” then Started punching his mum really hard in the leg like when *punch* are *punch* we *punch* goinggg *punch punch punch*. She just basically ignored it and was smiling away. I turned to my husband like WTF is that?? Another girl looked about 7 and didn’t want her pizza, her mum moved the box towards her and she punched her arm and the box away, food everywhere. The mum looked like she was going to burst into tears. Saw another girl about 11 slap her dad across the face twice as she wanted to go on a ride and he knelt down to tell her she couldn’t because it was too long a wait & they’d come back . Considering these kids have been treated by their parents and taken on a really expensive day out that I couldn’t even dream of as a kid, it was just shocking. They all looked totally miserable. Imagine working so hard to pay for that and doing something amazing for your kids for the day and you get treated like that. Whereas my husband and I were wandering around happy as anything 😂
because parents don’t/aren’t allowed to/ are too scared to discipline their kids. They want to be their kids friend, so won’t say no to them. We live in such a tit world nowadays where the children are in charge. If I’d behaved like that as a kid I’d have gotten a slap, but then it would never have crossed my mind to hit either of my parents

Reactions: 12
36 here and have never felt any desire to be “mummy”. If I start to even think what if… I just step outside amongst people with kids and it just affirms my thoughts 10x 😂. I was at a theme park recently and was shocked to see the amount of kids hitting their parents. One boy must have been like 8 and was waiting in line in front of us for food, it was a bit of a wait and he was fed up. Was dancing around and was like “I’m sooo bored this is stupid why are we waiting so long” then Started punching his mum really hard in the leg like when *punch* are *punch* we *punch* goinggg *punch punch punch*. She just basically ignored it and was smiling away. I turned to my husband like WTF is that?? Another girl looked about 7 and didn’t want her pizza, her mum moved the box towards her and she punched her arm and the box away, food everywhere. The mum looked like she was going to burst into tears. Saw another girl about 11 slap her dad across the face twice as she wanted to go on a ride and he knelt down to tell her she couldn’t because it was too long a wait & they’d come back . Considering these kids have been treated by their parents and taken on a really expensive day out that I couldn’t even dream of as a kid, it was just shocking. They all looked totally miserable. Imagine working so hard to pay for that and doing something amazing for your kids for the day and you get treated like that. Whereas my husband and I were wandering around happy as anything 😂
I see stuff like this a lot when I’m out and about with my husband and we look at each other and say “so glad we don’t have kids”.

I remember going somewhere once and this little girl, probably 3 or 4, was screaming at her parents calling them stupid, she just looked like a nasty brat!
Also heard a boy doing it in the changing rooms at a waterpark…
Saw some girl hitting her mum in asda…

And each time nothing is ever done. Totally pathetic. How do they think their kids are going to cope in the real world when they lash out if they can’t get their own way?

We go to Florida and the amount of parents with kids looking miserable is insane. While the childless adults look like they’re having the best time!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I've been to a first birthday party of my friend's baby and we were the only couple without kids. There were 10-15 babies all under 2 years old and I have to say they were all lovely, there was no screaming, all the kids were sitting in their mothers laps, eating soup and curiously pointing at things, just behaving as good as they can. And I was still EXHAUSTED, I couldn't wait to get home and take a nice long bath. 😂 I can't imagine dealing with that 24/7.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
On one of my recent trips to aldi for my weekly shop there was a wee girl who screamed the whole way round the shop. Her mum did handle the situation really well and I really felt for her as you could hear this wee girl across the whole supermarket. I honestly can’t imagine how I’d cope in such a situation, couldn’t wheel my trolley out fast enough once I’d paid!

Reactions: 5
Was at an outlet shopping place last week and there was a family with two young kids in a double pushchair. One of them was screaming like somebody was trying to murder it and the parents stood outside a shop chatting for the 15 minutes I was in there with the kid screaming. There may have been nothing they could do and the kid was too young to reason with but they weren't checking it over either and it genuinely sounded in pain. I felt really sorry for the ladies serving in the shop they were outside as the screaming was echoing round their shop and they were clearly struggling with the noise which was being amplified. There was nothing that looked remotely appealing about being part of that family unit.

Reactions: 7
I wish they’d do child free shopping hours (along with planes, restaurants)…. 😂 imagine the controversy though. I’d honestly just take half an hour of shopping in peace as it seems to be every shop I go in there’s intense screaming or shouting from kids. I quite often leave a shop without buying what I wanted because I can’t concentrate or there’s a screaming child in the line I’m about to get in and I’m just like not today satan… so in the end the companies miss out 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I walked past the local primary school at breaktime today. The noise was absolutely indescribable. Why do kids have to SCREAM so much?

Reactions: 18
I wish they’d do child free shopping hours (along with planes, restaurants)…. 😂 imagine the controversy though. I’d honestly just take half an hour of shopping in peace as it seems to be every shop I go in there’s intense screaming or shouting from kids. I quite often leave a shop without buying what I wanted because I can’t concentrate or there’s a screaming child in the line I’m about to get in and I’m just like not today satan… so in the end the companies miss out 🤷‍♀️
i do my supermarket shop at 7am 😂🤦🏻‍♀️As for other shops, opening time on Saturday, very quiet as no one has got their kids up and ready by 8am 😂

Reactions: 9
i do my supermarket shop at 7am 😂🤦🏻‍♀️As for other shops, opening time on Saturday, very quiet as no one has got their kids up and ready by 8am 😂
If only I could be bothered to get up for 7am on a Saturday! Sounds heavenly though

Reactions: 6
because parents don’t/aren’t allowed to/ are too scared to discipline their kids. They want to be their kids friend, so won’t say no to them. We live in such a tit world nowadays where the children are in charge. If I’d behaved like that as a kid I’d have gotten a slap, but then it would never have crossed my mind to hit either of my parents
nah I have to disagree - reasoning always worked better for me and I never hit my mum because she treated me as an actual human being. It's something else.. maybe I'm weird but I was only a brat to the parent who harshly disciplined me with no proper explanation

Reactions: 2
nah I have to disagree - reasoning always worked better for me and I never hit my mum because she treated me as an actual human being.
Young children do not have the ability to reason. That part of the brain has not developed.

Young children do not have the ability to reason. That part of the brain has not developed.
i think it depends on what you mean by reasoning though. In the same way that “discipline” also has different forms.

i also think it depends on age. An 8 year old who has been disciplined properly as a toddler is more than capable of being reasoned with in certain circumstances. My mum always said that if you do the ground work when they’re little and they are taught proper boundaries then you will do very little “discipline” as they get older because you are able to say “pack it in” or give them the look without any further issue.
Obviously an older kid kicking their parents needs discipline but if you’ve got to the stage where your kid is hitting you then you probably aren’t reasoning or disciplining either way.

Reactions: 3
I'm 33 and my husband is 38
He initially wanted kids in the standard way men do of "oh it'll happen someday!" until I discussed how much it'd change his life

Two of my friends have kids, one a boy who's 12 and he's boss, he's on the spectrum and it's made him super polite and easy to handle but my other mate who does has a daughter who is 4 or 5 and she's a brat and I can't stand her. You know when someone's face annoys you? That.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I was at the zoo last week and a little boy (probably 2.5) was trying to climb into his pram. His dad lifted him in and the boy said “thank you daddy”. I almost fainted!

Very rare these days that kids have manners, especially so young and unprompted as well.

I was always taught to use manners and my mum was always complimented on how polite her children were. Even now I’m usually the most polite person in a group 😂

Reactions: 9
Thought I’d pop on to comment, I have 2 kids 13 and 11 and they aren’t angels and other peoples kids annoy me also 😂

but just regarding what your discussing, my kids are constantly telling about how this and that is child abuse, looking at their phones is invasion of privacy, telling them they have had too many sweets is fat shaming, telling them to go to bed is emotional abuse as they aren’t tired yet and so on and that’s from the schools

my kids aren’t telling me this in a cheeky way they were just telling me this from what they’ve heard. 😱😱

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Thought I’d pop on to comment, I have 2 kids 13 and 11 and they aren’t angels and other peoples kids annoy me also 😂

but just regarding what your discussing, my kids are constantly telling about how this and that is child abuse, looking at their phones is invasion of privacy, telling them they have had too many sweets is fat shaming, telling them to go to bed is emotional abuse as they aren’t tired yet and so on and that’s from the schools

my kids aren’t telling me this in a cheeky way they were just telling me this from what they’ve heard. 😱😱
We weren't discussing this, eh?

• Haha

Christ if telling a kid to go to bed is emotional abuse then literally every child everywhere is being or has been abused.

Id argue it’s abuse not put a child to bed at a reasonable time. If a kid was falling asleep in school cause they weren’t going to bed at a reasonable time I’m sure the school would want to investigate that

We weren't discussing this, eh?
😂 I said that wrong I was talking today with friends about how we are scared to discipline our kids because of what I said and when I had a quick read over about how parents don’t or haven’t disciplined their kids I thought I’d add

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.