Childfree by choice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As an Indian couple we used to get it as well. Is your husband Indian as well.

I'll guarantee your extended family members are still gossiping. I am in my fifties, and I sometimes get, why didn't you adopt.

It never ends.
Yes, he is, although it's mainly my side of the family that tends to ask the nosey questions lol.

My own parents are slowly coming to terms with my decision although my mum makes it a point to excitedly tell me about any random family member who is pregnant in the hopes that it might suddenly change my mind.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Yes, he is, although it's mainly my side of the family that tends to ask the nosey questions lol.

My own parents are slowly coming to terms with my decision although my mum makes it a point to excitedly tell me about any random family member who is pregnant in the hopes that it might suddenly change my mind.
We were at an Indian baptism once, these are usually big fancy dos, and the priest is usually a guest of honor.

Anyway he says his usual tit, then goes on to say, children are a blessing, and a gift from God. So far, nothing outrageous, then he says, people without children have been cursed by God.

There was nothing anyone could say, without making an unpleasant situation worse.

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
A mum at the nursery where I work dropped her little one off the other day. It was 7.30 am and he was fast asleep having been up since half past midnight 😱 she had a full day of work ahead of her, and he slept till lunchtime, which would have in turn affected his night's sleep again. I just couldn't do it. I don't know how she functions as it's a regular occurance.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
We were at an Indian baptism once, these are usually big fancy dos, and the priest is usually a guest of honor.

Anyway he says his usual tit, then goes on to say, children are a blessing, and a gift from God. So far, nothing outrageous, then he says, people without children have been cursed by God.

There was nothing anyone could say, without making an unpleasant situation worse.
Nice that god would take time out of his day to curse me, I didn’t know I was so important!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The Lord taketh away and the Lord giveth (more disposable cash, quiet and today living spaces, fewer wrinkles, autonomy, etc etc)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My parents have accepted I don’t want kids, my mum always says “I understand why you don’t want kids” and my sister who has 2 kids has always told me to stay child free. My partner and I have booked ourselves a nice wee weekend away after a summer of working hard, and I couldn’t imagine anything worse than taking screaming kids who always need entertained with us

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I am sick of having to listen to other people bang on about pregnancy and marriage! they expect me to be excited for them - but they’re never excited for me when I tell them about my achievements that aren’t related to kids or other normative milestones. They genuinely seem to think they’re better than me even though I know that they’re all absolutely miserable with their lives because all they do is complain!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I am sick of having to listen to other people bang on about pregnancy and marriage! they expect me to be excited for them - but they’re never excited for me when I tell them about my achievements that aren’t related to kids or other normative milestones. They genuinely seem to think they’re better than me even though I know that they’re all absolutely miserable with their lives because all they do is complain!
Yes! I’m expected to ‘like’ your photos of a baby, but you never ‘like’ my holiday pics or photos of my cat. One girl I was friends with said she deleted folk from her Facebook because they didn’t congratulate her on her pregnancy, how psychotic is that??

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Sorry to be shallow but childbirth absolutely trashes your body as well- you end up with saggy skin and a stretched vagina :) I'm really vain sorry which is why I wouldn't make a good parent

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Sorry to be shallow but childbirth absolutely trashes your body as well- you end up with saggy skin and a stretched vagina :) I'm really vain sorry which is why I wouldn't make a good parent
Also you pee yourself

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I've had body dysmorphia in the past (well it's always there but better managed at the mo) and I know pregnancy would send me over the edge. Does that qualify me for sterilisation? Does it bollox lol so I'll be on the pill until menopause 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 8
same already nitpick about some bits about my appearance, can't imagine intentionally making things worse with babies. Also not some rich celeb so can't get the best treatments, doctors etc..

Reactions: 6
I do feel for women who have babies and feel tit about their body though I will say. Whenever I see or hear a woman comment about wanting to lose weight after having a baby I think bleeping hell you've just grown a whole human being, cut yourself some damn slack!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes! I’m expected to ‘like’ your photos of a baby, but you never ‘like’ my holiday pics or photos of my cat. One girl I was friends with said she deleted folk from her Facebook because they didn’t congratulate her on her pregnancy, how psychotic is that??
I had coffee with a friend this week who commented that I 'never like photos of her baby on Instagram', it made me so uncomfortable that she's monitoring it. I've been trying to phase her out for a while tbh as literally all she does is talk about her kid, even if I've said something about e.g. work or something completely non baby related she just goes 'oh that's nice. Well X sat up the other day and..' etc etc.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I had coffee with a friend this week who commented that I 'never like photos of her baby on Instagram', it made me so uncomfortable that she's monitoring it. I've been trying to phase her out for a while tbh as literally all she does is talk about her kid, even if I've said something about e.g. work or something completely non baby related she just goes 'oh that's nice. Well X sat up the other day and..' etc etc.
Ooft, how did you respond to that? "I didn't like your baby's pro-Putin position in their reels."

• Haha
Ooft, how did you respond to that? "I didn't like your baby's pro-Putin position in their reels."
I said 'oh sorry, I've not been on social media that much recently, anyway you never like my photos either!' in a jokey way, to which she said she's been 'too busy' to go on social media...except to monitor who likes her photos, I guess

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Her 'too busy' has way more weight than your 'too busy' I'm afraid, as she's getting to know what the meaning of true love is 😂

(Seriously though, that's uncomfortable and strange of her to be monitoring you like that. Perhaps she's a bit envious of you?)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Her 'too busy' has way more weight than your 'too busy' I'm afraid, as she's getting to know what the meaning of true love is 😂

(Seriously though, that's uncomfortable and strange of her to be monitoring you like that. Perhaps she's a bit envious of you?)
She’s probably just insecure or unhinged. I hadn’t spoken to a friend for almost 2 years and she text me to ask why I wasn’t following her on Instagram anymore. She was 25, married with a degree and a full time job. My initial thought was “christ she’s a nut job” but then I genuinely was quite sad for her cause I thought about how boring and insecure you have to be, to be worried about who’s following you on Instagram. It kind of put things into perspective for me cause she seemingly had it all but reality is, she was concerned that someone she hadn’t spoken to in 2 years not following her on Instagram.

Last edited:
I’m just intrigued what are the age ranges of us all on here? 🙈 I’m 30 in a few months. Some of my friends have kids already in secondary school!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.