Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I love how Halloween is huge now.

Parents were so scared of children being assaulted, kidnapped or worse that they never allowed us to do it where I lived.
Same. Its my favourite time of year. 🙊 hate Christmas mind but Halloween is brilliant 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 1

KM857

You’re braver than me! I’ve thought about it before but I just don’t think I could do it🙈 I’d need Valium or something
You can get a local anaesthetic injection/gel or you can even get it under a general anaesthetic if needed. Next time I’ll def ask for a local 😂 it’s totally worth the momentary discomfort for 10 years of no worries. Big selling point with me is that’s it’s got no hormones. I found I put on weight and had crazy mood swings on the pill.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
My cat runs away if he doesn’t want me to pick him up (I always pick him up gently and slowly, but he’s a big cat so doesn’t always want to be handled), but some cats will just fight like that one. You can see he didn’t like it from his posture, poor thing looked aggravated.
Also (although that child needs a talking to) a lot of animals get they're dealing with the very young and tend to tolerate this stuff more

How is everyone here set up for Christmas? Breathing a sigh of relief that we're with my in-laws this year, and there will be no kids 🥳
Spending it with my sister who also doesn’t have children. We have nieces and nephews that we’ll see at our leisure after Boxing Day and who can be handed back to their parents at the end of the day

Sazie1

Or just ask someone to help. I’ve been asked before to hold a child while the mum puts the pram down on a bus a few times. I’ve been asked to walk a toddler down stairs while the mum takes the pram with the baby in it down with someone helping her do it. Someone in the shop yesterday asked me to pick up her kids rattle thing so she didn’t have to let go of her other child’s hand - no big deal. Ask someone to put the pound in for you if it’s such a massive deal. Go to customer services and ask them to go and get you a trolley. What a drama llama.
This! You can always ask for some help.

I had a "friend" who had hers early 20s...liked to try throw it in our faces about how we got to go out at weekends or on holidays, and got decent jobs etc....like we either did it on purpose or CHOSE NOT TO HAVE KIDS lol

To note the "had". Her constant pity me routine wore thin (she's one of those if you've hurt your back, she's broken hers thus she's worse off types)
Ah yes, the old "Eleven-erife" (if you've been to Tenerife...). Very tedious!

I think there’s so much pressure on women to have kids and a fella. I am single BY CHOICE and I can’t be bothered with men 😂 that’s another thread for me to join…
Come on over! https://tattle.life/threads/single-by-choice.34175/

• Haha
Same. Been on it for almost 20 years and never had any issues. I've also spoken to numerous medical professionals about the long term 'side effects' and been told the same as you. It gets a lot of hate though so I guess it's not compatible with a lot of people!

I did the same as you and came off it for a while because I'd read all this stuff about how important it is to 'be in tune with your body' and track your periods. It had been so long I'd forgotten just how vile my periods made me feel, they are so painful I actually vomit with the pain. So yeah, no thanks. 😂
Same as you and @penny1992
I do, once and a while, worry that it can’t be good for me 😂 I had a brief break and my periods came back regularly.
I’m not even on depo for contraception anymore like I was to begin with, it’s because I hated having a period every 21 days!

I’m wondering if feeling low/down are from being on depo for a long time. Anyone else have low moods from it?

NicePeasNorma

This popped up on my Twitter feet (annoyingly, even though I don’t follow this person). But Jesus Christ, the entitlement! Maybe, I don’t know… prepare in advance!!? Rather than moaning that you have a baby with you 🧐

How stupid do you need to be to not realise that the £1 is a deposit so that you’ll return the trolley properly!! 🫠

View attachment 1761756
Oh dear 🙄. Where I’m from, people have put 1€ coins (or previous currency equivalent) in the trolley and nobody has died from that. There are also some keychains that emulate the coin to trick the trolley. She could just hang one of those to her bag and use with one hand while holding the baby with the remaining arm. She could also use one of those kangaroo-style accessories to hold the baby and have her hands free. If all of that fails, asking for help won’t kill her.

Norfolking Good

VIP Member
If you search on the TUI site for adults only most are just that, but read all the details as the occasional one with an adults only section is in there.
Every one we’ve been to with them has been blissful, however the only downside is they are often out in the sticks a bit rather than in the resorts.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
God you're brave, I would never open the door at that hour!
Well, it was quite a gentle knock and a bit unusual and I had a seconds flicker about danger then put down my bowl and went to answer.

It wasn't likely to be a local axe murderer. She had just been out on the town and was a bit disoriented about getting home, our light was on.

Can't believe I got asked about children that time of night though 😁

• Haha

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I guess the times have changed 🙁🙃
They really have 😩 I think my eldest is quite young for their age and even they want so few toys now.

However Im 34 and I think by 10/11 I was into my gameboy/playstation. Board games and jigsaws I enjoyed but I dont think I was still playing with toys. Also liked CDs/DVDs but again they barely exist now with on demand streaming everything :(

JE172

VIP Member
😂 I honestly wouldn’t have kids for a billion pounds which really is saying something because I once conceded that I would sleep with boris Johnson for a million pounds 😂
Would you get £2 million if you slept with BoJo then had his baby?!😂😂

• Haha

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
It's all very well parents demanding time off in school holidays or wanting Christmas off becauseof the kids but the ones that annoy me are the ones who still do it even though their kids are older and more independent. You know full well they're out with their friends every day of the holidays and wouldn't be seen dead with mum and dad!

My partner said this week at work 9 people have been off for half term (all men) and there had only been him and one other guy holding the fort (both childfree). Most of these blokes are constantly moaning about having to spend time with their kids (one even has both his kids in every after school club/holiday club going and played heavily on the key worker role thing during lockdown, even though he was working from home so his kids could go to nursery every day.)

pinkmug

VIP Member
tbf I am obsessed with Japanese transport videos. It's basically just silent videos of people travelling by train, bus or ferry. Occasionally I watch ones where they stay in those capsule hotels. They are so relaxing though in my defence
Yes, love them too! It's the same thing in every video but so calming haha I watch them before bed.