Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shadowcat5

VIP Member
You're so kind. I would have called sick in a heartbeat.

My manager tried to pull a similar thing on me. A colleague needed to take Easter off to celebrate it with her newborn kid. So, my time off got cancelled. I couldn't care less and flew to Spain for a whole week and did 0 work. When she told me that it wasn't right, I took all my personal days at once 🤣

She never tried to cancel my days off ever again.
I was 16 and my first job. Now I would take a similar approach to you 😂

Reactions: 1

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I don't particularly fear being old, my grandparents are 87 and still very independent and active and my other nana lived to 92 and was in good health until her last year. But I can understand that many people aren't so lucky and old age can feel like a burden.

Voluntary euthanasia is a tricky one for me. My dad has Huntingtons disease and I'm very much aware that I am at risk too. My dad was the first person in my family that I had ever known with it so I don't really have a good insight into how bad it will be as he progresses. But I know there is a high incidence of suicide among people at risk of HD who have seen and cared for family members and want to avoid going through it themselves. I personally don't think it's something I would consider but I do fully get why someone in a situation like this would. To lose control of your body but not your mind must be awful so I can see why some people with conditions like this would want to go peacefully and with dignity before the disease progresses too much.
Did you speak about HD on a previous thread? I remember someone saying. It does make you think about wider reasons for not having children.

Millais

Chatty Member
They don’t seem to believe that germs would ever dare go near A PRECIOUS CHILD OF GOD 🥺🥺🥺 like when they pick a dummy off the pavement and shove it straight in lickle Tyler-Durden’s gob to shut him up again.

Gem_woody

Chatty Member
They are a huge commitment, the next 10-15 years of your life... Might as well have kids! I adore hamsters, they are so cute 😊 mine has just had his second birthday, so he's a very old man❤
So true! Aww bless him🥰. I sadly lost my little Maple last month, she was nearly 2 😞 I'm having a break before I get another hammy which will hopefully be from an ethical breeder next time 🙂

• Heart

jimjamgem

I’m on my 3rd implant and before that was on the pill. I’ve been considering the coil for after this implant is done as it being non-hormonal is really appealing!

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Are any of you only children? Do you guys think being an only child vs having siblings influenced your decision?

FilthyGorgeous

That reminds me of a thread on mumsnet where someone said her kids friend always says please and thank you but her kids never say please and thank you and how can she get them to (kids were of an age to say please and thanks I think 5&7). Someone replied and said they taught their kids to say please and thank you by telling them to do basically give them something and say ‘say thank you’ or they ask for something and you say ‘say please’. OP replied saying that sounds ‘really harsh’ 😂
Fuck me 🤣 Are these folk for real.

• Haha

DrSheldonCooper

women get so shamed for that. There is an influencer who's podcast I used to listen to. She is very open about the fact that she has nannies (2 for her 3 kids) and her parents live with her. People really shame her for it all over social media and it's like okay? It's not like she's packing her kids off to boarding school when they're 6 and seeing them for 8 weeks a year. The kids are being looked after by 2 women who are like family to them and she is there with them too a lot of the time too. The kids are happy, the nannies are happy, the family are happy, what's the issue?
I listen to her podcasts still I find her honestly so refreshing!! Kids are happy that is what matters and she isn’t going insane so everyone wins!

lastdis

VIP Member
I'm reading "This is going to hurt" at the mo, the book written from a doctor during his early days in a maternity/gyn ward. And honestly, one particular line cemented it for me that kids ain't ever happening, a stage 3 tear, where you rip from your V to your sphincter, horrified me! I knew you could rip from your V to your A, but your sphincter too, oh my god 🥴
Have you watch this on bbc, it’s really good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
Someone I used to work with wanted Christmas and new years off.

Christmas because she had young kids and new years because her son was born NYE and she said she needed it off for his birthday…

On my 2nd copper coil. They are literally the gold standard of long acting reversible contraceptions. Lasts 5-10 years depending which one you get put in. 98% effective. No hormones. Very few side effects. I think everyone should get one put in at 16 😂
Was it sore to be fitted?

Gem_woody

Chatty Member
I went on an adults only holiday earlier this year and it was amazing. No screaming and splashing around the pool!
People rightfully pointed out that perhaps the woman had specific reasons for booking the window seat too but somehow none of those mattered in the face of a child wanting it.

We are on holiday atm in a beautiful adults only resort and it is equal parts blissful and great fun. Adults of all ages (literally from 20s to people in their 60s) all having great time in the pool where there are zero kids games and again the evening with no kids club shows.
It sounds blissful 😍. What hotels did you go to if you dont mind me asking? I'm struggling to find many adult only hotels on tui lately, especially 5*.