Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
Chatting to my neighbour the other week and he told me you're not a woman until you have a child. I didn't know how to respond but it pissed me off.

There's more to life than having a baby and so many people have children when they shouldn't. It's choice and I wish people would mind their own damn business.
What are we then? Men? Or children? I’m sure men - parents, childfree or childless - wont be pleased about that considering most men have had sex with a ‘woman’ with no children at some point 🤔

Reactions: 3

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
Yeah I stopped playing with toys by age 10. Just had my GameCube, Nintendo DS & I liked reading as well.
My half sister played with barbies though until she was about 14.

I always think I’m a big kid though deep down. I think that’s partly why I don’t want kids. I just want to enjoy myself and I can’t see me doing that with kids!

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
I can't believe what I'm watching here! What parent would allow a child to treat an animal like that?! Poor kitty😢 I'm disgusted that they're even filming it 😟
I've just watched it a second time, what sort of human are they aiming to raise? What sort of humans are they?

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Our pumpkin patch was quite good. Churro stands, wood fired pizzas, toasting marshmallows. Poly tunnels with crafty bits for the kids so they could make little halloween crafts for a few pounds. Bouncy castles. Tractor rides for the kids. Hay bale stacks. A veg cannon to hit targets 😅

We've gone every year now for a while but it is a huge money making extravaganza. No doubt about it. We go to the same farm that we go to for lambing 😊

• Heart

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
I found it really distressing to see her open the door on the cat and then pick it up by it’s skin on his back and carry him 😢 I had a skim through the comments and they’re all laughing about it! 🤬
Would the cat not run away if it didn’t like it, though?!
My cat runs away if he doesn’t want me to pick him up (I always pick him up gently and slowly, but he’s a big cat so doesn’t always want to be handled), but some cats will just fight like that one. You can see he didn’t like it from his posture, poor thing looked aggravated.

• Sad

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
out of interest, what about them don’t you agree with?

I have no issues with it but I do feel like once a kid is like 8+ and you have no younger kids, you could probably just park in a normal space. By that point they should definitely be able learn how to navigate a car park safely and if you stay in child spaces they are never going to learn how to do that which is evident with how some adults conduct themselves in car parks 🥴
Yeah I think once your kid is old to get in and out of a car seat easy enough at like age 4/5, then you should just use normal spaces. Kids do need to learn to walk across safely at some point. The same with everything.

shadowcat5

VIP Member
I'd rather get a pumpkin from the supermarket and save the 'field day' for an apple harvest fest or something to treat myself to some cider 😂 I don't remember pumpkin picking being a thing until the last few years, not sure if I was just living under a rock before then.
i don’t think it was until Instagram became a thing. Tbh there are pumpkin patches now that act like friggin winter wonderland! We never even carved pumpkins when I was a kid.
Costumes are another one. I had ONE costume from Asda and a plastic pot with a pumpkin face on it. Total cost was about a tenner and then it went in the dress up box for play. Can’t be dealing with these family costumes 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

eta: yes those costumes that you couldn’t stand to close to a fire with because they are more flame retardant than fucking petrol. Good vibes

JE172

VIP Member
This is my mindset too.

You're mad about my trips, expensive clothes and nice meals at the restaurants?

Well, stay mad because I'm on my way to another holiday in the sun 🤣
Yep, for “offended” just read “jealous”!!!

shadowcat5

VIP Member
I was going to judge them but then I remembered the thing I enjoy the most on Youtube is watching random Japanese ladies go about their day in their no-talking videos 😂 Apparently there is no limit to how many Japanese grocery shopping trips I can be interested in. 😬
tbf I am obsessed with Japanese transport videos. It's basically just silent videos of people travelling by train, bus or ferry. Occasionally I watch ones where they stay in those capsule hotels. They are so relaxing though in my defence

Falkor

VIP Member
About £200 I wish 😂 I spend probably triple just for my one. He is on part livery though so if I was to move to DIY it could be done cheaper but I like my bed too much 😂
Two hairy natives, one of whom is retired, and I'm lucky enough to be able to keep them at home with enough land that we don't really need much extra hay over winter.

• Heart

soph30

VIP Member
Also if the child didn’t look like me I wouldn’t like it, what’s the point 😂 just be a nanny

Also you have to give it a proper name, one of my cats has the middle name Prozac 🐱

chocolatepanda6

The fear is real when your friend sends a photo/video/second-by-second account of their child’s morning, but you’re the last one in the group to read the message and have to think of a creative reply. There’s only so many ways to type “Aww that’s so cute!” 😣
Or if they send a video of 3 min long I always just fast forward to the end and hope I’ve not missed the point of it .

• Haha

newtoyou

VIP Member
My husbands company is first come first served and people with kids will book Christmas off 4 months in advance. This means he has worked the last 12 Christmases.

Last Christmas while he was working and no one else was I told him to book next Christmas off. He was horrified and was like...that's taking the piss a bit isn't it? I said no what's taking the piss that you have worked 12 Christmases! So he booked it off and no one noticed until about 6 weeks ago and they are all up in arms that one of them will have to work as he isn't. They assumed he would be working.

His boss has tried to convince him to cancel it but he has stood his ground. So we have the whole of Christmas off together for the first time ever 🥳
This story makes me so happy! Enjoy your hopefully stress free, child free day 🤗

• Heart

mcfeez

VIP Member
I would love for this American lady to be on this thread!
My parents loved a big family holiday when we were kids as they expected other people to play with and look after my brother and I. I expect that is what lots of people are thinking on trips like this whether they admit it or not.

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
It sounds blissful 😍. What hotels did you go to if you dont mind me asking? I'm struggling to find many adult only hotels on tui lately, especially 5*.
I’m going to the residence tui blue fethiye next year after a recommendation from family

• Heart