Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My friend has posted on Facebook tonight, but because it’s warm people have their windows open. Everyone should be quiet after 7 o’clock because children go to bed and she’s had to move her son as far away from the window as possible.

a massive parent over Sharer anyway and my husband does say I’m quite mean and not liking her posts or pictures, but I just can’t interact with someone who thinks the world revolves around her children.
I would love it if everyone stfu after 7 o'clock as well but for my own peace and quiet, maybe I should rant about it on Facebook to gather some sympathy 😂How long do we think it would take someone to tell me to get over myself :unsure: You're not at all mean for not interacting with her posts, it's not an obligation.

Reactions: 8
I would love it if everyone stfu after 7 o'clock as well but for my own peace and quiet, maybe I should rant about it on Facebook to gather some sympathy 😂How long do we think it would take someone to tell me to get over myself :unsure: You're not at all mean for not interacting with her posts, it's not an obligation.
I would love it if everyone would just stfu all the time 😂 One of my neighbours has terrible hayfever and is sitting in the garden continuously sneezing in that performative way - waaaaaaaahchooooooooo! I wish he would go inside (and I’m not sure why he doesn’t because after every bout of sneezing he complains it hurts 🤦🏼‍♀️) but unfortunately I have to share the world with others so I put up with it - that’s life! Well that’s life until I win the Euromillions, buy an island and ban visitors 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This song came on my feed (my insta is full of childfree folks) and it made me laugh so much. We currently have a friend who wants a kid and she absolutely does not realise the impact it's going to have on her life and the
lifestyle that she shares with us.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m trying to enjoy a breakfast date with Mr GlitteryKitten in a local independent cafe, but I can’t because a toddler is screeching non-stop and his parents are just laughing at him.
I was in a restaurant yesterday evening where a baby was screaming. Why bring a baby to an Indian restaurant? It's not as if they can enjoy the cuisine. While the baby screamed, the mum was of course glued to her phone. Then the dad tried to play with the baby rather than do the considerate thing of taking it outside. The mum only looked up to snap a few selfies and what were probably posted on social media as '#makinmemories' photos of the food and the rest of the family, who weren't even looking towards her. Annoyingly, I had hoped that the couple on the next table might complain but they instead started cooing over the baby.

Reactions: 7
There’s an article in the daily Mail about a baby seen lying on the floor of the standing area at the Paris Taylor Swift concert. This about sums up the entitlement of parents and total disregard for their kids and at the same time everyone around them. It’s ok though… it’s wearing ear defenders!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
There’s an article in the daily Mail about a baby seen lying on the floor of the standing area at the Paris Taylor Swift concert. This about sums up the entitlement of parents and total disregard for their kids and at the same time everyone around them. It’s ok though… it’s wearing ear defenders!

I don't know what's worse...having a baby at a concert like that, or exposing the poor thing to Taylor Swift!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My neighbours little shits keep standing on a bucket and looking over our fence. They hang onto the fence with their head over the top and try to talk to me while I'm sitting reading a book relaxing. They also do it early evening and look in on us through the patio doors and see us on our sofa watching TV.

It's so rude and the parents are very indulgent of them. If the kids ever do anything wrong they just say 'that's not very nice is it?'

How would you deal with this?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
My neighbours little shits keep standing on a bucket and looking over our fence. They hang onto the fence with their head over the top and try to talk to me while I'm sitting reading a book relaxing. They also do it early evening and look in on us through the patio doors and see us on our sofa watching TV.

It's so rude and the parents are very indulgent of them. If the kids ever do anything wrong they just say 'that's not very nice is it?'

Get some curtains up!. I was watching a You Tuber today whose creativity I like and she put curtains up for privacy. I was thinking what a good idea!

It was about three quarters of the way through the video

Reactions: 5

How old is the kid? You could scare them by putting some demon mask on? 🤣

To be fair, the best solution probably is to just say it straight to the parents, that it's rude and not welcome

• Haha

Super soaker ready to go? 🤣

• Haha

You can get film on your patio doors that means you can see out but they can’t see in. Not that you should have to do this, of course.

It’s perhaps worth speaking to the parents saying you find it intrusive and whilst you live in close quarters to one another you expect privacy in your own home.

Reactions: 10

Honestly? Tell them to duck off, I’m beyond giving a toss what the parents response would be.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I was hoping to promote one of my employees to supervisor next month and she’s just announced she’s pregnant 🙄 . I tried to sound pleased but it just came out a bit flat 😆

• Haha
Honestly? Tell them to duck off, I’m beyond giving a toss what the parents response would be.
Thanks for the ideas! I hate confrontation, but I've got the mums number so might text her next time they do it.

Last week they played rounders in the garden and the mum said 'make sure the ball doesn't go over the fence' and one of them cheekily said back 'I can't make any promises'. They're entitled little twerps.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The amount of posts about wishing their kids good luck in their exams… and everyone else doing them 🙄🙄🙄 just say it to the kids face, don’t announce it on fb.

I was hoping to promote one of my employees to supervisor next month and she’s just announced she’s pregnant 🙄 . I tried to sound pleased but it just came out a bit flat 😆
I'm hoping to get promoted in the next couple of years and I do worry that people see me as an early 30s woman and think 'babies must be coming soon', I need to get a tshirt that says 'I WON'T GET PREGNANT!! PLEASE PROMOTE ME!!'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm hoping to get promoted in the next couple of years and I do worry that people see me as an early 30s woman and think 'babies must be coming soon', I need to get a tshirt that says 'I WON'T GET PREGNANT!! PLEASE PROMOTE ME!!'
Yes I've always worried about this. I used to have a female manager who would say stuff like 'Lucy just got married, maybe she'll go off and have a baby next year and then we can move Katie into her job'. She was planning the future moves based on assumptions about people's personal lives!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Thanks for the ideas! I hate confrontation, but I've got the mums number so might text her next time they do it.

Last week they played rounders in the garden and the mum said 'make sure the ball doesn't go over the fence' and one of them cheekily said back 'I can't make any promises'. They're entitled little twerps.
we have similar here. My new car was dented on the bonnet with a football while we were on holiday . It was on our drive. Can’t prove it but saw the kids absolutely punting leather balls everywhere hitting cars on peoples drives multiple before and it was clearly a ball shaped dent. Casually Asked the mum if she’d been aware of anything happening in front of the kid (who is 12) mentioned I’d seen the kids doing it before and she was absolutely furious that I dare mention it in front of the kid. Proper raging. She accosted me again afterwards and said “id made the kid cry for weeks after”. He’s bloody nearly a teenager!! So now a couple of years later pretty much the whole estate still hates us as all the people with kids are best buds. No one speaks to us. Never mind though my damage was 2.5k and I’d literally just mentioned it didn’t accuse anyone straight out 🙄 Hopefully yours will respond in a more considerate way!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
I went on a work trip with a colleague I haven't spoken to much so far. We went out for dinner with some other colleagues and got along really well and I was thinking how glad I was that we'd had that opportunity to get to know each other better. Then he announced that he'd just found out his girlfriend is pregnant. Literally all my energy and enthusiasm for our new friendship died instantly. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.