Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair to those depressed young adults, capitalism has fucked them (and us) over and even dedicating your life to your job or your passion won't get you much more than just getting by, unless you are wealthy, well connected or very lucky to begin with. I can't think of a single system around the world that isn't crumbling as we speak, if it's not in shambles already, which is another reason why I am in awe of people who have kids without some sort of safety net, believing that "life finds a way".
Part of not wanting to have kids is me not wanting to put another human through life because honestly...it ain't all that

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Part of not wanting to have kids is me not wanting to put another human through life because honestly...it ain't all that
This is so true and I actually said it to my Mum the other day. My life hasn’t planned out how she expected it to, or tbh how I had expected it to either, and sometimes I just think I actually didn’t ask to be here 😭 I know you should be grateful for your health and everything, but sometimes things are just so rubbish you can’t help but feel like why would you want to bring more lives into this

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
When I was away the other week this kid who must have been 6 or 7 (parents obvs taken him out in term time) got out of the pool then went to take his swimmers off. His mum was like "no Freddie" in the most feeble voice. He said we always get changed after swimming and I don't like being wet (the kid does kinda have a point but also you're outside not in a changing room kiddo) so instead of explaining or going back to the room for a dry pair, she just nods and let him sit about with his bits out!!!!!! I was horrified. A baby is bad enough but this kid was definitely far too old to be having his bits out in public.

Later in the day she out some towel poncho thing on him, but it was front and back no sides, so every time he moved everything was on display!!!

Bloody peados paradise.
Also way to ruin everyone else’s experience, just wanting to chill by the pool without bloody Freddie’s genitals on display ffs, that’s utterly vile

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Children’s behaviour would vastly improve if it was like the 90s etc where if you were a little tit you were told off by your teacher, stranger, relative etc.

I get the feeling parents don’t discipline because they don’t want the backlash from the kids.

There’s a house up from me and the kids scream all day every day. My neighbour paid to get their garden landscaped and they can’t use it due to those kids.
---
Sorry for the double post but I’ve now heard it all.

An acquaintance called an ambulance for their two year old because they fell and knocked their baby tooth out. No head injury or anything like that. Knocked a tooth out and called an ambulance.
I've got a paramedic friend and love her stories about call outs. So many parents dial 999 because their little darling got a cut finger or has ingested a blade of grass.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Absolutely unbelievable.

Another one for you, guys…
Celebrate them then… no one is stopping you! I think everyone should celebrate everything that’s a win/achievement for them. There’s no need for the dramatic, post though. Just post ‘managed to get the pram together so treated myself to X’.

If my friend messaged me any of those things I’d be like congratulations that’s amazing etc but if I saw that post I’d just ignore it to be honest, it’s not how I like to communicate. And I say that as someone who has attended a fish funeral, a dogs birthday party and a party to celebrate a child starting nursery. So I am definitely in the ‘celebrate everything’ camp but I just hate attention seeking posts especially when they’re like this, I find them a bit ‘woe is me’ - I don’t know if that’s the right description but it just seems so ‘no one wants to celebrate me, no one cares’ etc and I just hate that kind of social media nonsense.

Reactions: 14
I've got a paramedic friend and love her stories about call outs. So many parents dial 999 because their little darling got a cut finger or has ingested a blade of grass.
I work with someone who does this. I can’t count how many times they’ve said they’ve called an ambulance out for their child, and - spoiler alert - there is never anything actually wrong with them
---
But the childfree are the ones that should be taxed more, eh 😂

Reactions: 10
Celebrate them then… no one is stopping you! I think everyone should celebrate everything that’s a win/achievement for them. There’s no need for the dramatic, post though. Just post ‘managed to get the pram together so treated myself to X’.

If my friend messaged me any of those things I’d be like congratulations that’s amazing etc but if I saw that post I’d just ignore it to be honest, it’s not how I like to communicate. And I say that as someone who has attended a fish funeral, a dogs birthday party and a party to celebrate a child starting nursery. So I am definitely in the ‘celebrate everything’ camp but I just hate attention seeking posts especially when they’re like this, I find them a bit ‘woe is me’ - I don’t know if that’s the right description but it just seems so ‘no one wants to celebrate me, no one cares’ etc and I just hate that kind of social media nonsense.
Yes, it's not the fact that these aren't things to be celebrated, but the holier than thou tone of the post is vomit inducing. As if someone is keeping them from being proud of achieving these.

Reactions: 7
Yes, it's not the fact that these aren't things to be celebrated, but the holier than thou tone of the post is vomit inducing. As if someone is keeping them from being proud of achieving these.
Yeah, it’s a weird tone isn’t it? Like oh everyone else celebrates everything but because I’m a mum I can’t, just do it! I love people ‘bragging’ to me, let’s celebrate you! Just don’t do it in an attention seeking way!

Reactions: 3
I suffer with insomnia every now and then and I remember a few years ago I had a really bad bout of it where I was basically sleeping for 1-2 hours a night for days on end. I mentioned this to my then manager who had two young kids and she just scoffed and said something along the lines of “you should wait until you have kids to really know what feeling tired is really like”. Like, excuse me, why is this is a competition?Why does everything have to be compared to the experience of having a child? My insomnia has literally nothing to do with your tiredness levels or your children, why feel the need to bring it up?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
My friend has posted on Facebook tonight, but because it’s warm people have their windows open. Everyone should be quiet after 7 o’clock because children go to bed and she’s had to move her son as far away from the window as possible.

a massive parent over Sharer anyway and my husband does say I’m quite mean and not liking her posts or pictures, but I just can’t interact with someone who thinks the world revolves around her children.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
How big is the kid’s room that she can move him far enough away from the window that he can’t hear? Most kids are outside screeching and drooling until about midnight anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My friend has posted on Facebook tonight, but because it’s warm people have their windows open. Everyone should be quiet after 7 o’clock because children go to bed and she’s had to move her son as far away from the window as possible.

a massive parent over Sharer anyway and my husband does say I’m quite mean and not liking her posts or pictures, but I just can’t interact with someone who thinks the world revolves around her children.
So why doesn’t she close her window as she’s the one with a problem 🙄 imagine being that entitled to think the rest of the world has to go to bed at 7pm

• Haha
Reactions: 15

My parents said they purposely didn’t quieten down when any of the kids went to bed/napped and didn’t make guests be quiet or anything either so from being newborns we would be used to sleeping through noise. And it worked, none of us wake up for anything, one of my brothers keep sending us all links to crazy alarm clocks that might help us wake up easier 😂

Of course some children might not be able to sleep through noise no matter what but for most children I would say creeping around like mice would be to the detriment of the child and the parents. Eg I’ve seen a post that a woman wouldn’t boil the kettle when the kids were asleep in case it woke them up 😧 where does she think her children will be able to live when they grow up?! How will they have sleepovers, holidays, residential trips, a partner or compete on four in a bed if they can’t sleep through a bit of noise 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

yeah but I bet when the child is screaming and shouting during the day while people are working from home or sleeping after night shifts, they aren’t told to keep it down because they’re “just children playing”.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
My parents said they purposely didn’t quieten down when any of the kids went to bed/napped and didn’t make guests be quiet or anything either so from being newborns we would be used to sleeping through noise. And it worked, none of us wake up for anything, one of my brothers keep sending us all links to crazy alarm clocks that might help us wake up easier 😂

Of course some children might not be able to sleep through noise no matter what but for most children I would say creeping around like mice would be to the detriment of the child and the parents. Eg I’ve seen a post that a woman wouldn’t boil the kettle when the kids were asleep in case it woke them up 😧 where does she think her children will be able to live when they grow up?! How will they have sleepovers, holidays, residential trips, a partner or compete on four in a bed if they can’t sleep through a bit of noise 😂
Completely agree and it’s something my mum has always said. She’d take the chance to clean and listen to some music when I napped and wouldn’t hesitate to hoover. As an adult, I can sleep through pretty much anything 😂

Reactions: 5
yeah but I bet when the child is screaming and shouting during the day while people are working from home or sleeping after night shifts, they aren’t told to keep it down because they’re “just children playing”.
Or letting their kids out to play at 8am on a Sunday when adults might be asleep

Reactions: 14
I'm in an all inclusive hotel at the moment and there are designated adult areas such as bars, a pool, seating at restaurants etc. I keep noticing people trying to bring kids into these areas, not sure whether it's an innocent mistake or just entitlement.. luckily the staff are pretty good at stopping them but it's annoying that they're doing it at all 🙄. Also funny how some people think babies don't count 😂. Definitely going for adult only next time!
I think some people read signs (or whatever way it's advertised) as 'no children allowed - EXCEPT YOURS OF COURSE'

Just like I'm convinced that in my local park that's how people read the many many many signs that say 'Dogs must be on leads - EXCEPT YOURS OF COURSE' 🥴

• Haha
I’m trying to enjoy a breakfast date with Mr GlitteryKitten in a local independent cafe, but I can’t because a toddler is screeching non-stop and his parents are just laughing at him.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I’m trying to enjoy a breakfast date with Mr GlitteryKitten in a local independent cafe, but I can’t because a toddler is screeching non-stop and his parents are just laughing at him.
I don’t understand why some parents seem to like that sound, when I was a kid my parents would make me be quiet early in the morning, late at night, in certain places and if I was being too loud, because the noise of us kids screeching annoyed them as much as it annoys all the other adults!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.