Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just joined a group fitness coaching thing which has a Facebook group. The group is full of people mentioning their kids. Not just in the introductions, although I've lost count of the 'busy working mum/dad of 2/3/4 little people' (🤮) but even in posts that have nothing to do about kids like what exercise they did. 'Put the kids in the gym crèche, my five year old did it with me lol...' etc.

Like seriously, get a life. 😂

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Totally agree. We live in a country with (often) free and easy access to various types of contraception, plus schools have to teach sex education. How people get themselves pregnant while not having the means to pay for a baby is just beyond me.
I think they expect the council/government to just pick up the tab for them. They seem to for most things. Society panders to parents and families constantly and no one else counts.

Controversial subject but I went on a scenic railway journey last year and the whole 3 hours there was a woman sitting directly opposite me breastfed her child. When the child wasn’t on the boob it was just left flopping out while the kid pawed at it 🤮 . The dad loudly read McLary from McDonaldsons dairy to it too. So I had 3 hours of staring at a massive, veiny, engorged tit and 3 hours of listening to another tit 😂 . It was obvious other people were uncomfortable but she had a look on her face like she was lording it up and wanted someone to say something so she could be enraged about how her child would die without being fed and it’s natural. But I don’t know how one person gets to make a whole train carriage uncomfortable but she’s the one most of society would leap to pander to

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I think they expect the council/government to just pick up the tab for them. They seem to for most things. Society panders to parents and families constantly and no one else counts.

Controversial subject but I went on a scenic railway journey last year and the whole 3 hours there was a woman sitting directly opposite me breastfed her child. When the child wasn’t on the boob it was just left flopping out while the kid pawed at it 🤮 . The dad loudly read McLary from McDonaldsons dairy to it too. So I had 3 hours of staring at a massive, veiny, engorged tit and 3 hours of listening to another tit 😂 . It was obvious other people were uncomfortable but she had a look on her face like she was lording it up and wanted someone to say something so she could be enraged about how her child would die without being fed and it’s natural. But I don’t know how one person gets to make a whole train carriage uncomfortable but she’s the one most of society would leap to pander to
On the topic of contraception.... I'm sure like all of you in here, because I don't want kids I've always made sure I wouldn't get pregnant.

But I know loads of women who've said stuff to me like 'we're just not using anything and seeing what happens'. I can't imagine just 'seeing if it happens' - I've heard you need to be taking folic acid and not drinking etc if you're trying? One friend even said to me 'I'm not enjoying my job so we've just stopped bothering with condoms, I wouldn't mind a bit of maternity leave'. Just so relaxed about a life changing thing, kinda half in and half out.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Sadly I’ve fallen pregnant twice whilst on contraception and it is very easy to access abortion care in the UK.

Despite that though and being in my mid 30s I still won’t be considered for sterilisation.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
On the topic of contraception.... I'm sure like all of you in here, because I don't want kids I've always made sure I wouldn't get pregnant.

But I know loads of women who've said stuff to me like 'we're just not using anything and seeing what happens'. I can't imagine just 'seeing if it happens' - I've heard you need to be taking folic acid and not drinking etc if you're trying? One friend even said to me 'I'm not enjoying my job so we've just stopped bothering with condoms, I wouldn't mind a bit of maternity leave'. Just so relaxed about a life changing thing, kinda half in and half out.
Exactly. I know one woman who says things like "Oh no, I'm definitely not trying" or "Have no plans to get pregnant", but her method of 'contraception' is "He pulls out in time" 😲 She's in her 30s! If this was a teenager, you'd give them a good talking too.

I knew I never wanted kids so in previous relationships, I was on the pill and for over 20 years I never ONCE forgot to take it (used to set an alarm on my phone) because I knew what the consequences could be.
My current partner had a vasectomy before we met and it's absolutely bloody brilliant not having to worry about the "What if?"

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Exactly. I know one woman who says things like "Oh no, I'm definitely not trying" or "Have no plans to get pregnant", but her method of 'contraception' is "He pulls out in time" 😲 She's in her 30s! If this was a teenager, you'd give them a good talking too.

I knew I never wanted kids so in previous relationships, I was on the pill and for over 20 years I never ONCE forgot to take it (used to set an alarm on my phone) because I knew what the consequences could be.
My current partner had a vasectomy before we met and it's absolutely bloody brilliant not having to worry about the "What if?"
I bet your partner didn't have to jump though hoops , go private etc to have a vasectomy?

Reactions: 10
I bet your partner didn't have to jump though hoops , go private etc to have a vasectomy?
Nope. He had it done almost 30 years ago (he's 58) after having two children with his then wife in his twenties (she had serious health issues after her second pregnancy that meant it wouldn't be safe for her to get pregnant again) and they decided it was much easier for him to get that done than for her to be sterilised.
He did have it done privately because he had excellent health insurance through his job at the time, but he said that doctors etc had no problem with it but his friends all told him he was mad!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Nope. He had it done almost 30 years ago (he's 58) after having two children with his then wife in his twenties (she had serious health issues after her second pregnancy that meant it wouldn't be safe for her to get pregnant again) and they decided it was much easier for him to get that done than for her to have her to be sterilised.
He did have it done privately because he had excellent health insurance through his job at the time, but he said that doctors etc had no problem with it but his friends all told him he was mad!
I hate this. Men think it's a great thing to get women pregnant because it means there a real man and shows their virility. Even if they don't really want them. 😖 Idiots.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Sadly I’ve fallen pregnant twice whilst on contraception and it is very easy to access abortion care in the UK.

Despite that though and being in my mid 30s I still won’t be considered for sterilisation.
Really? I’ve been considering sterilisation and assumed being in my mid-30s they’d have to say yes? Am I just being super naive?

Reactions: 1
Really? I’ve been considering sterilisation and assumed being in my mid-30s they’d have to say yes? Am I just being super naive?
I'm afraid so, I would appear the idea of sterilizing a woman in the UK is madness and beyond her own mind.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
This is exactly what I'm talking about from that fitness group I've joined. I mean, why? In what way is this in any way interesting for other people?

Screenshot_20240405-161240~2.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
This is exactly what I'm talking about from that fitness group I've joined. I mean, why? In what way is this in any way interesting for other people?

View attachment 2857933
Ugh! 🙄 People are desperate for ANY attention. Who bleeping cares seriously. Put the laughing emojis away it's not necessary. Whenever someone's talking about their kids I immediately switch off. Any excuse to bring them up.

Reactions: 15
A friend of mine was sterilised on the NHS in her late 20s - she does have two kids though. I know someone who has 'accidentally' gotten pregnant on the pill twice... turns out she has Crohn's disease and 'didn't know' her symptoms could affect how it works :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.