Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
About 52% of all babies born are ‘accidents’ (there’s not a nicer way to say it). The rate of contraception failure isn’t that high, and the mothers of those babies have (usually) chosen not to have an abortion. So I think a lot of people are unaware of how to use contraception properly/what stops it working and a lot of people are careless about contraception and there’s also a % there where contraception hasn’t been used or has been tampered with on purpose.

Reactions: 10
This is exactly what I'm talking about from that fitness group I've joined. I mean, why? In what way is this in any way interesting for other people?

View attachment 2857933
You estimate, ya daft bint. Jfc it's like they have no personality beyond "mombie". And you teach your child the meaning of the word "no" and establish boundaries. Ffs.

Reactions: 12
You estimate, ya daft bint. Jfc it's like they have no personality beyond "mombie". And you teach your child the meaning of the word "no" and establish boundaries. Ffs.
They are too scared to tell their kids no now incase it's abuse of some kind. Or they don't want to upset them in any way!

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Toddler of a family friend hit his dad on the head with a ladle because he was told that there was no more pasta left 😂 Now they are taking the kid to the psychologist because they are worried the boy has issues with violence. The boy is three. 😂 I wonder what the "diagnosis" will be. All this misunderstanding of what gentle parenting is is hilarious to watch. Glad I'm not the one experimenting.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Someone else has asked for advice on how to get her steps up 'with a four year old in tow'.

I think I might need to leave this group. They are kid obsessed and obviously all simpletons too. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Friend of mine recently had a baby. For the past year or so she said to me (who she knows doesn’t want children) how she doesn’t want kids, but told my other friend she’s desperate to have one. Her sister who is younger has one and she feels ‘left behind’. So she met a guy December 2022 and was pregnant by March 2023.
Must admit I’m getting a perverse sense of satisfaction because she keeps messaging me saying shall we go out for tea or a walk and I’m like I can’t sorry I’ve got plans (which I do).
I don’t want to spend my two days off a week with a newborn in a cafe or restaurant or walking and stopping whilst she feeds or changes it and the crying. I have noise sensitivity as well 🫠
Done my duties and been round to her house a few times to make sure she’s ok and meet the baby etc but I think she’s realised we’re both on different paths in life and this is how it’s going to be from now on.

Reactions: 13
Friend of mine recently had a baby. For the past year or so she said to me (who she knows doesn’t want children) how she doesn’t want kids, but told my other friend she’s desperate to have one. Her sister who is younger has one and she feels ‘left behind’. So she met a guy December 2022 and was pregnant by March 2023.
Must admit I’m getting a perverse sense of satisfaction because she keeps messaging me saying shall we go out for tea or a walk and I’m like I can’t sorry I’ve got plans (which I do).
I don’t want to spend my two days off a week with a newborn in a cafe or restaurant or walking and stopping whilst she feeds or changes it and the crying. I have noise sensitivity as well 🫠
Done my duties and been round to her house a few times to make sure she’s ok and meet the baby etc but I think she’s realised we’re both on different paths in life and this is how it’s going to be from now on.
That's so weird that she was saying 2 different things! I wonder if she was a fence sitter and has gone in for one because she feels she has to catch up with her sister.

Hopefully once the baby is older she can leave it with dad and go out for social times with you.

Reactions: 3
That's so weird that she was saying 2 different things! I wonder if she was a fence sitter and has gone in for one because she feels she has to catch up with her sister.

Hopefully once the baby is older she can leave it with dad and go out for social times with you.
I think she’s a pleaser. Because I’ve said so solidly I don’t want them she maybe felt the need to say the same.
Hopefully, but I do think we’ve grown apart and she needs to realise that.
she definitely did it to catch up with her sister which is a shame as I don’t believe that’s the right reason to have a child. But hey ho 🤣

Reactions: 5
Thank duck for this space, where I feel I can say my thoughts and not be cast out as the evil one.

My brother lives abroad and has had a bairn. Whenever my mum and dad come to see me, there is a video call with said brother. The bairn is doing whatever children do. Cue my mum and dad screeching into the tablet "aww kids name". "aww look at him" "kids name,
Hello, hello, some more screeching of kids name" etc etc

I cannot, and will not look at a child and screech their name into a screen. I find it boring and pointless. To the point where my parents were concerned these was something wrong with me. But why am I the issue when they are yelling into the abyss for a child that doesn't care as he is too busy doing whatever kids do.

My parents know I don't want children, I'm not good with children. Hell I find being with my nephew really hard work. And I feel terrible for saying this, but thanks for this safe space. I don't want to spend my limited holiday time travelling across the world to spend time with a small child, and being held hostage to whatever mood they are in that day which dictates what we can do, when I'd rather be selfish and go on holiday where myself and my partner want to go and do the things we want to do. Ie with no small children around.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Went to the supermarket on my way home tonight, two kids playing football in the aisle parent nowhere in sight. Ffs

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I’ve started a rewatch of desperate housewives and god Lynette’s scenes with her kids really get me like

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Thank duck for this space, where I feel I can say my thoughts and not be cast out as the evil one.

My brother lives abroad and has had a bairn. Whenever my mum and dad come to see me, there is a video call with said brother. The bairn is doing whatever children do. Cue my mum and dad screeching into the tablet "aww kids name". "aww look at him" "kids name,
Hello, hello, some more screeching of kids name" etc etc

I cannot, and will not look at a child and screech their name into a screen. I find it boring and pointless. To the point where my parents were concerned these was something wrong with me. But why am I the issue when they are yelling into the abyss for a child that doesn't care as he is too busy doing whatever kids do.

My parents know I don't want children, I'm not good with children. Hell I find being with my nephew really hard work. And I feel terrible for saying this, but thanks for this safe space. I don't want to spend my limited holiday time travelling across the world to spend time with a small child, and being held hostage to whatever mood they are in that day which dictates what we can do, when I'd rather be selfish and go on holiday where myself and my partner want to go and do the things we want to do. Ie with no small children around.
video calls with children are insufferable. I’m dragged into one every time I see the in-laws. And it’s like, is there nothing you want to have a chat with your son about?! They always just have whole of family video calls, which centre around whatever the kid is doing. No idea when they last had a proper chat!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Really? I’ve been considering sterilisation and assumed being in my mid-30s they’d have to say yes? Am I just being super naive?
Just to counter all the replies about being denied it, I've asked about it twice, once at 29 and once at 37. Okayed both times but after much discussion with the GP, decided to stay with the implant because of having to carry on with it anyway as sterilisation doesn't stop periods and I have insane ones without the implant. Two different GPs, both absolutely fine with it and didn't question me.

Reactions: 4
video calls with children are insufferable. I’m dragged into one every time I see the in-laws. And it’s like, is there nothing you want to have a chat with your son about?! They always just have whole of family video calls, which centre around whatever the kid is doing. No idea when they last had a proper chat!
I feel your pain, my MIL is the exact same. Her whole life revolves around the grandchildren. We only see them 3-4 times a year because we live 4+ hours away and even when we visit the whole visit revolves around them 🫠

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else here have a little chuckle and say to the tv out loud “I always do, thanks” when one of those ads comes on for Persil or Ariel and they say at the end “Always keep away from children”. Just me? 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Does anyone else here have a little chuckle and say to the tv out loud “I always do, thanks” when one of those ads comes on for Persil or Ariel and they say at the end “Always keep away from children”. Just me? 😂😂
Those ads make me realise how carefree my life is. Not having to constantly check that everything is screwed tight incase kids eat something. And leaving whatever I like laying about (I'm a messy person).

When we got a cat we got a few child safety measures for him (window limiter so he doesn't jump out on a warm summer night and door bumpers so the doors don't trap his tail when there's a breeze) and that was enough faff for me.

When you go to a toddler house and they have catches on all the kitchen cupboards, soft bits on the edge of tables and gates on the stairs...i just think nope, I couldn't do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I was watching an influencer tonight showing clothes off and whilst watching I was reading a book at the same time (I'm a woman so I can do this 😏).
I looked up at one point ready for the next outfit and WTF! she was reading out of a child's book and then getting weepy about the words 😳 - think it was a book about "the night you were born".
Then there was a lot of coochy coo over the baby.............and no i wasn't tripping! 🙄

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Houses with kids in always reek of kids too. Like plastic and old food and stuff 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.