Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Comments begin to be interesting.

Wind is (slowly) turning maybe ? Maybe ? šŸ˜…

H. B.
13 hours ago
I know most won't agree, but So I had a think about this, and even debated if I should post this as a comment on the video or send as a private message. I decided on a comment because I think we all need to be thinking and talking about this more. I don't want to see shirtless Amaury thumbnails, nor gratuitous shirtless Amaury content. I'm not a prude, and I don't dislike shirtless men. If someone filming happens upon someone who is shirtless as they go about their job and a little of that sneaks into a video as a natural part of the narrative, I have no trouble with that. I do have a problem with exploiting someone though, and voluntary or not, I feel like that is what is happening here. I get that YouTube (and Patreon via YouTube) has become the major source of income for the Chateau, and thank goodness for that. It didn't get that way by exploiting someone who removed their clothes or using them as clickbait. It got that way through humor, intelligence, kindness, and curiosity. I would be thoroughly incensed if lots of the content or thumbnails for this channel were of the women in bikinis, meant as clickbait. Like the women, Amaury seems to have many wonderful qualities (I mean the man bag alone!) that should help drive traffic to the channel, that don't involve his pecs and biceps. As Philip says, it is off brand. Also, I can't call Dan out on his sexist comments, and not say something to you all about this. I adore getting the peek into your lives there and seeing your progress. I can't wait to come visit. I just don't want to see yet another channel pander to the thirsty viewers, just for a few more clicks. In the meantime, keep up the fun.
Show less

Native Texan

15 hours ago
Oh God! You not going to start the whole Christmas disappointment again!!! I will not be waiting for the Christmas Table and Christmas gift opening which never happened last year! I have not gotten over the devastation of the NO CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS of 2020. If you are going to start this lie again would you please explain the Calendar thing if you are going to do that to us again.
Show less

Gary H
16 hours ago
There are men like Ian, Dan and Amaury. Then there's Philip. šŸ™ƒ

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Maria Sidorova posted several pictures of Lalande on IG. I'm not sure which room this is??? Not a great wallpaper installation. If you can see the seams, you may not be the best at wallpapering.

View attachment 806334
18 HOURS AGO
_maria.sidorova
Glimpses of la la land šŸ°šŸ’–šŸŒ¼
Looks like someone used the wrong edge of a cut off piece. The feathers are too wide along the seam and there is a double version of the little heart shape at the base of each feather.

Reactions: 4
At the risk of getting beat up here ...

1) I would call what Michael and Marie do as begging. It's very very blatant. The whining is so high pitched. Especially Michael. He takes money and gives no content to his Patreons, for months on end. That's a whole other story.
2) I have a hard time calling what SJ does, at least on Patreon, as begging. To me she produces regular content on her Patreon page. When I'm getting something for my money, I don't see how that is begging. It's like saying a magazine is begging, and it's not. It presents a cover and information I'm interested in, so I choose to buy it to see more content. I saw myself as buying a product that entertained me, not that I was restoring anything with the money I paid. I didn't really care how she used that money. I got what I paid for. When I got bored, I quit her Patreon.
3) Dan or rather Annalise also give content. Just like with SJ I buy piece of a magazine, or content that is on patreon. And I buy patreon so that I feel free from watching a YouTuber without watching the adverts. Dan hardly ever mentions or pushes their patreon.

I just see several levels, and only the 1st one is begging/panhandling in my humble opinion.

**ducks all the rotten tomatoes **
I think you make very good points.

Indeed, why is Dan's or SJ's media entertainment and production concept any different from any 'entertainer' on mainstream telly?

Is over-the-hill, retired footballer snack-flogger Gary Lineker really worth the Ā£2million/yr the BBC stuffs his pockets with?

And what about all the other lacklustre 'TV stars' and the criminals like Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris and Stuart Hall, to name just three of the BBC's stable of paedophiles that were foisted on the innocent public for decades. Were they worth the Ā£millions they conned out of viewers?

The reality is that TV viewers give these types every penny of the Ā£millions they get. Is their grifting any better because there are middlemen involved?

At least with YouTubers and Patreon earners we can directly reward or oust them depending on whether we think they're any good or not.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
Wilhelm, you are free to express your opinion as much as everyone else. You can be a staunch anti-Dan or a semi-anti-Dan like me (because I still find his videos amusing) in this forum, just don't let anyone plow you over. Take a stand and express your opinion without violating the rules, and you'll be alright. This is a forum. Not everyone here sees eye to eye all the time. Read the exchange between @Marty McFly 9 and me. Just a healthy exchange of opinions. (y) āœŒšŸ„‚
Oh goodness,was I ever close to violating the rules?frankly I thought the only rule is no name calling,something like offensive language .
BTW I am not full anti Dan at all. To me he's like all the rest,with the exception of teabeg(I mean who could be pro Michael?!) and sj for her animal abuse.

Reactions: 3
Comments begin to be interesting.

Wind is (slowly) turning maybe ? Maybe ? šŸ˜…

H. B.
13 hours ago
I know most won't agree, but So I had a think about this, and even debated if I should post this as a comment on the video or send as a private message. I decided on a comment because I think we all need to be thinking and talking about this more. I don't want to see shirtless Amaury thumbnails, nor gratuitous shirtless Amaury content. I'm not a prude, and I don't dislike shirtless men. If someone filming happens upon someone who is shirtless as they go about their job and a little of that sneaks into a video as a natural part of the narrative, I have no trouble with that. I do have a problem with exploiting someone though, and voluntary or not, I feel like that is what is happening here. I get that YouTube (and Patreon via YouTube) has become the major source of income for the Chateau, and thank goodness for that. It didn't get that way by exploiting someone who removed their clothes or using them as clickbait. It got that way through humor, intelligence, kindness, and curiosity. I would be thoroughly incensed if lots of the content or thumbnails for this channel were of the women in bikinis, meant as clickbait. Like the women, Amaury seems to have many wonderful qualities (I mean the man bag alone!) that should help drive traffic to the channel, that don't involve his pecs and biceps. As Philip says, it is off brand. Also, I can't call Dan out on his sexist comments, and not say something to you all about this. I adore getting the peek into your lives there and seeing your progress. I can't wait to come visit. I just don't want to see yet another channel pander to the thirsty viewers, just for a few more clicks. In the meantime, keep up the fun.
Show less

Native Texan

15 hours ago
Oh God! You not going to start the whole Christmas disappointment again!!! I will not be waiting for the Christmas Table and Christmas gift opening which never happened last year! I have not gotten over the devastation of the NO CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS of 2020. If you are going to start this lie again would you please explain the Calendar thing if you are going to do that to us again.
Show less

Gary H
16 hours ago
There are men like Ian, Dan and Amaury. Then there's Philip. šŸ™ƒ
She lost me at "as Philip says"

Reactions: 5
In one of her early vlogs, Steph showed her mother's house in South Africa. Room by room.
Not to forget the swimming pool.

That's one of the reasons why I don't understand her superfans and Patrons.

omg youre shXXting me just watching this and in the video she mentions we have done well in our several rentals this year and bemoans her bathroom out of date which puts mine to shame from the fifties broken down and no bath available tiles falling off. this moron Spends money like water missing two flights and rebooking with ease not care of where the next ticket money is coming from. some people just induce really šŸ¤œ things from their parfecct veneered mouths and still morons buy into her crying i couldn't feed myself for years.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
This poster is a long time superfan. Wonder what happened... Drama !

In the last CD vlog (when they say goodbye to Dan and Amaury in the night), it was stricking. PhiPhi looked like a lost little boy in the middle of grown up men...

Really ?
Well, if Phyllis would quit wearing women's robes it would help. He would fit in with the men at the shanty a bit more. But wearing Tatty's "hand me down" boots and SJ's girly robes as he floats down to the kitchen at 2 in the afternoon...well that says it all.
If my husband walked in the kitchen wearing that crap, I would first, die laughing, and then I would make him a doctors appointment to get his head checked out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
H. B.
13 hours ago
Show less
Disagree! I want MORE shirtless Bunbelina shots. Dance for us, Bunbelina! Dance!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
LOL. Love. I'm an INTJ too. I totally get that about page thing. That just screams INTJ for ya. I can understand if you're not INTJ that doesn't fit expectations of anything that people say we're "supposed" to do. But we're not put on the planet to play along with silly games designed to put yourself only in the very best light. We might be the least likely to buy a ring light and gauzy Photoshop filters. We love truth and I love they actually wrote "truth" in it. This is living up to the truth of who you are, ugly or pretty or rude or sweet or grumpy or funny or whatever it is you think about yourself, be true to it, don't hide it to be acceptable. That's INTJ. I think Elon Musk is an INTJ too.

Stephanie must NOT BE that is for sure.
INTJ???

I think their name ā€œGaslitworldā€ says it all! Strange!
Though doesn't this person accurately describe the unholy mess of the world today?
"In a world of propaganda, subterfuge, cognitive dissonance, wishful thinking, personality disorders and bold lies, for some of us the quest for truth is never ending."

It sounds like this person is young and feeling lost in a world that just doesn't work for them and so many people nowadays. Instead of allying with like-minds, they've withdrawn into themselves and become a bit depressed and too nit-picky about themselves. And why wouldn't we all want truth? Truth-seeking is a noble endeavour. But apparently not as far as those who run the show are concerned.

Reactions: 7
That particular chateau is extremely overpriced but in general I wouldn't mind a weekend at a chateau.
Stay at Lalande????
I would be afraid of bed bugs, mice and stumbling over real, live hedgehogs in the hall. Dirty bathrooms. Can't eat there either. Too hot in the shanty in summer to sleep ( the windows are wide open without screens???? Birds?, bats? Bugs? Peacocks? Burglars?? Lol !šŸ˜…
The "garden" I call it a big yard....is a mess!
I have woods and a stream behind my own home. No way would I want to stay at THAT shanty chateau.
I bet it doesn't smell good inside either. Probably smells like a cross between a nursing home and Goodwill. ( though I do like to hunt around Goodwill occasionally....never smells so good though).
Nope. I will stay home where it is clean, smells fresh, good food, and no vermin. Except for my husband.
KIDDING!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I think you make very good points.

Indeed, why is Dan's or SJ's media entertainment and production concept any different from any 'entertainer' on mainstream telly?

Is over-the-hill, retired footballer snack-flogger Gary Lineker really worth the Ā£2million/yr the BBC stuffs his pockets with?

And what about all the other lacklustre 'TV stars' and the criminals like Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris and Stuart Hall, to name just three of the BBC's stable of paedophiles that were foisted on the innocent public for decades. Were they worth the Ā£millions they conned out of viewers?

The reality is that TV viewers give these types every penny of the Ā£millions they get. Is their grifting any better because there are middlemen involved?

At least with YouTubers and Patreon earners we can directly reward or oust them depending on whether we think they're any good or not.
I see what youā€™re saying. But, I donā€™t knowā€¦Itā€™s hard to compare the two mediumsā€¦YouTube vs. TV. I do think thereā€™s a difference. TV ā€˜starsā€™ or actors are hired and under some kind of contract. Theyā€™re doing a job and getting paid for their work. In theory, they earned that job by being the best person to fill that position, or theyā€™re at the ā€œtop of their gameā€ (of course, we know thatā€™s not always true! Iā€™m speaking in general terms). And theyā€™re typically not on TV at the end of a program saying ā€œBoy, I could sure use a new boiler! Please send money!ā€ So I donā€™t really see them as grifters. I do see your pointā€¦someone else (a producer, director, TV executives) decided for us who would be on the airā€¦there really was no choice except to either watch it or donā€™t watch it.

Having said that, I agree that YouTube viewers do have a more direct involvement in the success or failure of a channel. YouTube has opened the door for so many talented people that would never have been given a chance on traditional TV. And, unfortunately, has opened the door to some ā€œswindlers,ā€ too. But, if you donā€™t like the content, then just hit ā€œunsubscribe.ā€

Last edited:
  • Heart
So, this must be Ruthy's big news. Racists birds of a feather??? (@jomomomma7 & JK Rowling in the same post.) Your true colors are showing.

View attachment 806348
18 hours ago
Iā€™m so proud to announce Iā€™m now being represented by The Blair Partnership. A top London literary and talent agency that rep many stars including JK Rowling. Hereā€™s to a new bright and sparking future with this incredible team!!āœØāœØāœØāœØ

@jomomomma7
You go girl!
Well, Photoshop some more, why don't you??

Reactions: 4
It's a personality type according to the
Myersā€“Briggs Type Indicator
In personality typology, the Myersā€“Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is an introspective self-report questionnaire indicating differing psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions.[1][2][3] The test attempts to assign four categories: introversion or extraversion, sensing or intuition, thinking or feeling, judging or perceiving. One letter from each category is taken to produce a four-letter test result, such as "INFJ" or "ENFP".

I mean, I would not have known that was Ruthy....without the caption of her name. Her large chin is covered up and her hair being so blonde ( and no crimping.... Thank you!!!!) And the "BLUE" eyes! Like alien blue!!!
I am being judgy....again. Father O'Malley?????

• Heart
  • Haha
I could die! Curiosity killed the cat. So, are YOU going to tell me what the f'in Trotters are up to??? Anyone? I am not going to support that gang by watching boring episodes of shite, so please just give me a summary. Do I wish them well? No. Not as long as they are taking the piss. :coffee: :cautious:Is Andrew, the true love and fiancee still happily living with Monsieur bag le the in a rural gardeners cottage in France? Or horing it up somewhere fun? KyBourbon, you're freaking me out with your picture.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Remember her award winning company was declared bankrupt. She's got all the time in the world. I would suspect with her SoMe and YouTube presence, that she wishes to build a new company, and have the chĆ¢teau fans pay(treon) it.
She has a company registered in the UK since 2019 (Reg No. 11877365).

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.