Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

The Cheshire Cat

Hope this is OK to share. As you probably realised I am based in the NW UK. My big brother has lived and worked in the USA for most of the past 30+ years. He has Multiple Sclerosis and recently he has had a really bad attack. This has been difficult for me but more so for my elderly parents as they felt helpless when they wanted to be there to help him. Eternally grateful to my brother's ex wife and my niece who have looked after him. He was in a wheelchair, pretty much completely immobile and having to wear adult diapers as he couldn't get himself to the loo. Today he has sent me a pic of himself standing with a walking stick. The caption says "walking again!". I am overjoyed. So happy I could cry. Whenever I get stressed over stupid, trivial things I am going to click on this picture. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 56

TheTaxInspector

VIP Member
I agree that we all have our opinions about the chateauverse, and everyone expresses those opinions. That’s great…everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, there’s a select few newer members (or members who don’t regularly post) that clearly have an agenda when it comes to Dan. They only seem to show up at opportune moments (usually when the majority consensus here is that he’s done something good), and only focus on the negative with Dan to the exclusion of just about anyone else in the chateauverse. It’s just very odd and smells like a rat.
I love Dan
Dan's the Man
I just love the way
He holds a watering can
And the way he uses his hose
To water every bush, flower and rose
No one can do what Dan can cos Dan's the Man
He's not like all the other scroungers and Michael Peter Pan
He's a very modest man is Dan and he likes to live the simple life
Living in a very small house doing a bit of DIY with his kids and his wife
But would I love Dan as much as I do if he lived in a big château and he was well-to-do?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

Marty McFly 9

VIP Member
Now don't hate me please....but I prefer my men to be taller than me....and I have a suspicion that Amaury, as easy on the eye as he is, just doesn't quite measure up. 5'10" at minimum would be great. About Dan's height. Ducking now!
Yeah, in real life I'd want taller, but looking at him in videos and photos is just dandy! Dan isn't my type either .... can't say I can think of anyone that's been on CD that is!

July 2008

Wonder if Annalise was doing Dan's hair back then!

Dan would have been about 18! Let's just say he looks a LOT better at 31!!

danann july 2008.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44

EllieKatie

Hi all of you lovely people. I’ve been lurking for many months enjoying your insights and truly amazing sleuthing skills.
I watch the CD vlogs then head straight over here to find out what I’ve not spotted in the chaos of the HMN (hope I got that right). Anyway, I found a little channel called Chateau de la Ferte who seem to be genuinely restoring the place and not begging. Their latest one has them getting ready for winter and in the comments someone suggested asking the Pethericks if they could borrow their cherry picker to fix the roof, rather than the owner dangling precariously on ropes. Apparently, despite being five miles away, the Pethericks not only wouldn’t lend it but told them that they would sell it to them instead! It was just so mean spirited and added considerably to my dislike of them.
I’m very new to posting on anything so can’t screenshot to show you, apologies.
I’d also like to say that I’m nothing to do with this little channel, just discovered it and admire them enormously for their work so far.
Take care
EllieKatie
ps I love Dan too … returns to lurking and admiring you all.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

oooLaLande

VIP Member
Amaury: I WiLl NeVeR SlEeP IN EuRoTuNnEl EvEr aGaIN.
Amaury... passes out in Eurotunnel 😂😂

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 7.01.50 PM.png

I was right to look forward to this vlog :LOL: it was great genuine fun

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
The Marquis' Fiancee here:

Danmaury is now my favorite YouTube couple! :giggle: Who knew that watching two blokes in a van talking about the most random things would be so refreshing?

dan8.png
cd102.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

Diesel

Aumery and Dan discussing it's weird there's absolutely no French spoken at the shitoo.

A: "I spoke more French in England with my family than I now do in France ..."

I like these two!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Yeah, in real life I'd want taller, but looking at him in videos and photos is just dandy! Dan isn't my type either .... can't say I can think of anyone that's been on CD that is!

July 2008

Wonder if Annalise was doing Dan's hair back then!

Dan would have been about 18! Let's just say he looks a LOT better at 31!!

View attachment 801368
The Marquis' Fiancee here.

Awww....where did you find this? Sorry, I'm not so good at sleuthing. Dan and Annalise look so cute! What a lovely couple they make! :love:

danann july 2008.jpg

The Marquis is over 6'5" (198.4cm) and I'm 5'7" (170cm). In high school, I was always attracted to guys in the (American) football team (I'm so Texan) and almost always liked the blonde ones, but the Marquis has dark brown hair and plays what he calls real football (soccer), a great sense of humor and the sweetest man I've ever known--as sweet as my dad is to my mom (I have a sneaky feeling he asks my dad for tips--they're very close).:giggle::love: I have two younger sisters and my dad is just so happy to have his first son (-in-law).

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

Jeeves

VIP Member
Isn't it strange that as soon as Danmaury put out a vlog that is generally very well received- probably Dan's most popular to date, that we suddenly have a little group of newer Tattlers wanting to pull it apart for trivial reasons. Now who could that be? Someone is getting rattled!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38

NotAChatelaine

VIP Member
Glory be.

The DanAm Show.

They were NORMAL And funny. And not performing seals.

Genuine laughter with them, not at them.

Well done, chaps. Please continue in the same vein.

(Back to sleep now, after small blast of nocturnal wakefulness)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

oooLaLande

VIP Member
Hmmm.But he seemed just as engaged in the conversation as was Marie. And both are grifting.Both have awful teeth(recently Marie was called out for her teeth).Idon't really care personally :) just seems like Dan is always "forgiven".
troll-dungeon.gif

Some people here unfortunately make fun of appearances... I never approve of that, whether it's Marie, Phillip or Dan. That being said, why does Dan or anyone else needs to be "forgiven" for their looks?!!!

Also, seems like you have never driven a car in your life or never done it with someone else in the car, because regardless of a camera being present or not, one talks to their companions while driving, and if there was any danger in speaking while driving, I assure you it would be illegal.

And I'm not even going to talk about Amaury or Dan grifting! Amaury has nothing to do with the cash grab SJ has going on. He does a job and gets paid.
So does Dan, and his side hustle is making vlogs.

Now, back to our regular programming 🍺

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Hi Marquis fiancé. My husband of 34 years and I are similar heights to you. I gave up heels years ago as I will never reach his height. Buying clothes for a 6'6" man (or woman) here in Ireland is slowly getting easier but choice is rubbish, he loved shopping in the US.

Ireland has a tiny Jewish population (about 2k) and I had school friends back in the 70's. Unfortunately a lot of them leave to towns like Manchester in the UK to meet partners from the same faith which I understand is the preferred. If this is too much please don't answer I am just interested in how the marquis family are with you.
The Marquis Fiancee here:

The Marquis family belongs to one of the largest Reform synagogues in Manhattan that count a lot of prominent NY Jews among its numbers. Reform Jews are liberal/progressive. They believe that Judaism is an evolving faith and emphasize the ethical/moral teachings of Judaism over ceremonial observance. They believe that it is in the heart and not the blood--so for them being a Jew is not a race, it is a choice. They believe it is the calling of every person to Tikkun Olam (repair the world) and fight against all forms of injustice. That said, even though finding Jewish partners is preferred, their synagogue is very welcoming to interfaith couples; they even have a ministry that aims for the full inclusion of Jews of color into all branches of Judaism. His family embodies the teachings of their community and therefore, has been very warm and kind to me in the most sincere way from the first day I met them. They don't tell me to convert.

@Marquis de Potpourri One day I'd love to hear how Sabbat is observed and practiced. I love learning about practices like this.
The Marquis observes Shabbat in the Reform way. At sundown on Fridays, the family attends what they call Kabbalat Shabbat, a service that welcomes Shabbat. The candles are lit, they sing songs and recite a lot of prayers, hear a sermon, and end with kiddush--they share wine and break bread (the challah). They go home and eat dinner prepared and served by their domestic staff. Many observant Jewish families who don't have domestic staff prepare the food in advance but employ or seek the help of what they call a Shabbat goy (Shabbat Gentile) to help serve dinner and clean up after the meal. I read that Elvis Presley was a Shabbat goy to a Jewish family in Memphis. On Saturday morning, when in the city, the family stays at home and does whatever fills them. They read a nice book/magazine, take a nap, cuddle on the couch and watch Netflix (like now, he is watching the final episode of The Crown). (Some Saturday mornings, they/we get invited to a Bar/Bat Mitzvah ceremony at the synagogue usually followed by a lunch party.) We go for an early afternoon stroll (1 kilometer), and have afternoon tea at our favorite tea shop, which is fortunately just around the corner from his parents' townhouse. We go home and rest some more, have dinner, and they do Havdalah, right after dinner, a ceremony of separation between the holy and the secular signaling the end of Shabbat.

The idea is, to take a 24-hour break from activities that empty you and do things that fill you. It's very healthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
the plan she is showing is that there were more radiators planned...but they were crossed out with red pencil...i guess thats not something a heatingcompany would do..when you make a plan...then the radiators wouldnt be on the plan in the first place...and then the fact she said that they calculated it on a modern house...come on...who are you fooling here...what a lying bitch... then the fact that she has never been in that basement.....not knowing that the switches from the radiators are there...
I’m not surprised she got the plans out to suggest that the original company who designed and/or installed the heating system in her crumbling HMN are to blame for her ongoing radiator problems. She would blame her dead father if it was in her own advantage, no matter how much she loved him. But all these drawings actually will do, is prove her wrong in the discussion between the Jarvisses and the Larkins (the not so elusive N’s family) back in the days when they just bought the shittoo. The Larkins really wanted an architect to properly draw plans for the major works they had in mind, but the Jarvisses couldn’t wait to get started and skipped that part of the process and just hired builders instead, also making it so much easier for them to skip corners and build as easily or cheaply as possible. Now she might finally see what’s coming back to haunt her and it ain’t Henri.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Rory

VIP Member
I think the nicest thing about Anne Marie is his calm voice and I observe his kindness. He seems to have a gentleness to him without being a walk over. Agree with others re humour. Kindness goes a long way also. He is such a refreshing addition to the vlogs.

RE IMHO kicking roosters out of his workshop - they don't belong in there and it should never have been encouraged that they freely roam around.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Gibson

VIP Member
Congratulations 🥳 to @Phoenix Richards-Bingham …VIP Member
:m :m:m:m:m:m
also @toilingwiththetoile 😈😈

title author @Gibson selected by @Phoenix Richards-Bingham

I've seen a few really good ones on here but can't remember any!!!...HELP!!!;...never mind...I think I found one...from Gibson...

The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

I could have gone with something from my saga of the missing tattlers but it seems 2 of them have been found and they weren't even NEAR the Bermuda Triangle!!!
🧵🧵🧵

🧵
Most liked post previous thread 🧵

🥳🥳 double @Jeeves

@Jeeves
VIP Member

Wednesday at 1:14 AM
Selmar looks as though he has acquired a ventriloquist's dummy.

Attachments

@Jeeves
VIP Member

Yesterday at 9:57 AM

Best post of this thread!

Don't forget: Have you had my parcel? I sent 12 pairs of handknitted knickers for darling Stephanie, to keep her warm but I haven't seen them opened yet. Can you check that the mice haven't got into the parcel as I also sent 6 packets of custard creams as they were on offer in the Co-op. Did you like the portrait of Mummy painted in Nutella on wholewheat toast?

Last edited: Yesterday at 10:03 AM
Reactions:You, Aquablue, Pekey and 34 others

@HalcyonOrganic
Chatty Member

Tuesday at 7:43 PM
Aaahhhh mhhhhh ooohhhh oooaaahhhhhh huuuurrggg I can’t take anymore… no please stop stop that is way timmuch than I can handle…

how my back hurts.

Thanks for all your lovely amazing messages. Was quiet interesting in the toy department. Hundreds of board games for kids up to adults, Lego, playmobil, seasonal stuff, creative toys,… but the staff was very nice and helpfully.

That dickpet, sounds like Brian/Ryan.

Reactions:You, JumpingJacks, Stroppy and 32 others
Honoured to have helped inaugurate our newest VIP @Phoenix Richards-Bingham . Thank you @MojoDublin for creating the new thread.

I am undecided whether to take a look at the latest Grifter Gubbins. The non business in an undisclosed area by the non Cr8tve duo. Their tag M&M seems to be from the popular show Mr and Mrs or the crunchy sweet! Copyright?

Have a heavy few weeks coming up with various projects, so will drop in when I can. The run upto Christmas won't plan itself. Be prepared Tattlers! Be prepared!

The Marquis' Fiancee here:

Danmaury is now my favorite YouTube couple! :giggle: Who knew that watching two blokes in a van talking about the most random things would be so refreshing?

View attachment 801343 View attachment 801344
We have to watch out that nuff said doesn't read anything into this. A banter a day keeps the nay sayers away. 🤣

I think that a great sense of humour is one of the most attractive features in a man and these two have that in bucketfuls. I want someone who makes me laugh - looks fade.
When I was younger, "my type" was moody, dark, curly hair (think Cat Stevens, etc) but my husband was clean cut and blond (still fairly blond with grey after being married for 44 yrs) and everyone used to comment that he looked like a young Robert Redford.
I laugh every day with Mrs G. She is a good foot shorter than I am and I would say her looks haven't faded in my eyes. We all change as we get older, a fine wine should never be rushed, but savoured and cherished over a lifetime.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

HalcyonOrganic

VIP Member
Hmmm.But he seemed just as engaged in the conversation as was Marie. And both are grifting.Both have awful teeth(recently Marie was called out for her teeth).Idon't really care personally :) just seems like Dan is always "forgiven".
we are not nitpicking on Dan as he is working harder than the rest of the lala verse characters. Everyone has their flaws, so do Dan and Amaury, but they work their asses of and are down to earth. They don’t pretend to be like princes living in a castle.

That’s why we don’t nitpick on things they could have done better.

I remember a newbie here who in his very first post, spread rumors of Dan of cheating on Annaliese. Now THAT was an asshole of tattler..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

Jeeves

VIP Member
I think you are scraping the bottom of the barrel to find an argument here.
Marie wasn't "called out" about her teeth, she herself spun a sob story around her "teet". The comments here reflected her mis-pronunciation of teeth, Bath, etc.
Why shouldn't a passenger be engaged in conversation? It was just that, a conversation between two travelling companions. Dan wasn't waving his arms around, letting off fireworks or behaving in a distracting fashion and he wasn't driving!
Amoury appears to be a steady driver, who talks about having driven in France many times. Marie on the other hand, has a catalogue of minor bumps, is easily distracted and we often see her being seemingly unaware of her surroundings when driving. She is constantly looking into her camera while driving.
For you to dislike Dan is one thing - everyone has an opinion but there really is no comparison to be drawn.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

Espe

VIP Member
Over and over…multiple times? Only expressing Dan opinions, nothing else? And only negative? No, I think that’s different than a lurker that just decided to post an opinion. To me, it screams “agenda.
Maybe friends/supporters of PJ? I think PJ is probably extremely jealous of Dan. One of PJ's main functions at LL was to help with filming and editing. He has proved to be pretty poor at both these. He is less skilled and also less popular than Dan is. Dan may not be perfect bit he can turn his hand to practically anything and produce satisfactory or good results. He is prepared to work hard and he is likeable. He has a better personality and sense of humour and can manage to get away with the odd veiled criticism of SJ. PJ will not like any of those things. When Amaury arrived, PJ appeared to like him and probably thought it would be good for him to strike up a friendship with SJ's cousin but Dan gets on so well with Amaury and probably has more in common with him in terms of interests, skills and sense of humour than PJ would have as he lacks those things and is less likeable, so he may despise Dan for striking up the friendship and also be jealous that SJ seems to enjoy mentioning it. In comparison with D and A, PJ is an immature little boy and, underneath, he is aware of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 33