Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He seems to be falling on his feet. Good for him and his family!
He really is "making hay while the sun shines". He seems able to adapt and learn new skills. His vlogs really have improved, he has become a very likeable character to many. Hats off to him and Annalise for making a lovely life for their young boys.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I've just steeled myself to watch the section of the gift grab where Gerry is interviewing people at the Suffolk Art link as several people said how good he is. You are right, he's superb as an interviewer.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Over and over…multiple times? Only expressing Dan opinions, nothing else? And only negative? No, I think that’s different than a lurker that just decided to post an opinion. To me, it screams “agenda.
Maybe friends/supporters of PJ? I think PJ is probably extremely jealous of Dan. One of PJ's main functions at LL was to help with filming and editing. He has proved to be pretty poor at both these. He is less skilled and also less popular than Dan is. Dan may not be perfect bit he can turn his hand to practically anything and produce satisfactory or good results. He is prepared to work hard and he is likeable. He has a better personality and sense of humour and can manage to get away with the odd veiled criticism of SJ. PJ will not like any of those things. When Amaury arrived, PJ appeared to like him and probably thought it would be good for him to strike up a friendship with SJ's cousin but Dan gets on so well with Amaury and probably has more in common with him in terms of interests, skills and sense of humour than PJ would have as he lacks those things and is less likeable, so he may despise Dan for striking up the friendship and also be jealous that SJ seems to enjoy mentioning it. In comparison with D and A, PJ is an immature little boy and, underneath, he is aware of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
We all have the choice to not feed their b*ggery, by not watching/subscribing/interacting etc. I don't give money to any, I skip the ads and don't (hardly) subscribe. They try to maximise the available systems for money-making & I would do too if I had a YT channel/wanted to. As annoying as it is, they pull on whatever strings they can and if there are people who take part in their financial game, well good for them. I mainly wonder what pushes people to send them money. Pity, boredom, being part of a restricted group, gaining access to exclusive information, benevolence, loneliness, wanting ownership, buying entitlement, etc?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I think Andi is currently a lost sheep because her husband died recently so she needs to go somewhere where there is a lots of life so she can get distracted and also share here talent (she is faced with her own mortality, so at least she can leave something more significant behind)
That is sad, I can see how being at the chateau would be good to for someone in this situation.

That being said, none of you really would not love to spend a few days at a french chateau in the french countryside????? I find the questioning of visitors and guests to the chateau, well, odd, really... It's a classic "dream" for many and it shouldnt be a head scratcher why people would go there to spend time.

Reactions: 9
That is sad, I can see how being at the chateau would be good to for someone in this situation.

That being said, none of you really would not love to spend a few days at a french chateau in the french countryside????? I find the questioning of visitors and guests to the chateau, well, odd, really... It's a classic "dream" for many and it shouldnt be a head scratcher why people would go there to spend time.
I actually don't know if I'd want to be an overnight guest at any of them, but I would like to tour some of them. I enjoy comfort for my sleeping situation. But I love all kinds of architecture and furniture and decoration. So I'd want to see them, but not stay at them. And I love the land at La Lande, especially the forest and stream.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I had skipped Gerry as I usually find him so annoying ... but because of your comment I went back and watched him and he did a beautiful job! He should do more interviews away from SJ! He's a whole other person. I'm actually kind of teary from watching as these artists remind me of my boy and his peers.
I agree that Gerry was a completely different person in that film. I did feel, however, that he could have promoted the charity's website. However, he did come across as genuine without all the usual clowning and silly jokes. I wonder if it's SJ's manic delivery that encourages him to act like that on the CD and he feels he is part of her circus act. People would be much more positive about him if he behaved as he did in that film.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Maybe friends/supporters of PJ? I think PJ is probably extremely jealous of Dan. One of PJ's main functions at LL was to help with filming and editing. He has proved to be pretty poor at both these. He is less skilled and also less popular than Dan is. Dan may not be perfect bit he can turn his hand to practically anything and produce satisfactory or good results. He is prepared to work hard and he is likeable. He has a better personality and sense of humour and can manage to get away with the odd veiled criticism of SJ. PJ will not like any of those things. When Amaury arrived, PJ appeared to like him and probably thought it would be good for him to strike up a friendship with SJ's cousin but Dan gets on so well with Amaury and probably has more in common with him in terms of interests, skills and sense of humour than PJ would have as he lacks those things and is less likeable, so he may despise Dan for striking up the friendship and also be jealous that SJ seems to enjoy mentioning it. In comparison with D and A, PJ is an immature little boy and, underneath, he is aware of that.
I don't agree with this. I can't see Philip being jealous of Dan at all. Completely different animals. ( Insert hedgehog joke here). But honestly, Philip never proclaimed to be an incredible filmer and editor. His job is to aid Stephanie with her vlogging in the capacity she requests of him. I don't think she has ever sought to turn her vlogs into creative, cinematic panoramic masterpieces with catchy work along songs? Just basic editing and filming as an addendum to what's shes already been doing. Where his interests lie so happen to mesh with Stephanie's ,so that alone is another positive for attention-deficit SJ, I think. Dan would not have a smidge of patience for any of the decor and porcelain minutia that SJ features. And PJ idea of hell would definitely involve having to get on a digger!! 😂

I just don't see how any competition or jealousy would be coming from that direction.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Just a side comment. From the time I joined Tattle Life in January, I don't remember posting anything positive about FRK until last week; and even then, it was vaguely positive. :giggle:✌ I must have had an agenda...but I forget now what it was. ✌:LOL:
I think there is a difference between posting negative opinions about a character and trying to persuade everyone else to come round to your way of thinking.

I completely agree! I hope that woman never leaves Lalande! Give her a few more weeks, she could easily put the chatelaine in her box!

View attachment 805914

Oh, dear Josie....please come to Tattle Life!
Josie could be straight out of Central casting.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
He really is "making hay while the sun shines". He seems able to adapt and learn new skills. His vlogs really have improved, he has become a very likeable character to many. Hats off to him and Annalise for making a lovely life for their young boys.
Yeah. I agree the man is hardworking and has grown in his filmmaking skills. I, without irony, wish him all the best and financial success any hardworking person deserves. So he has built a kitchen, his living, and dining, now he's building his studio/man cave and will eventually have to furnish it. I just hope he doesn't start another GoFundMe with a picture of his son, now that he has more consistent revenue streams.

While I enjoy his vlogs and wish all the best, one thing I choose not to be is a superfan because that would make me no different from the likes of Michael Morrison, Celeste R, Jetje, Evelyn McElroy, etc. who will viciously devour anyone who says anything bad about their princess or the reno-sans man.

• Heart

Not really my dream but I get your point
The thing is she is inner circle not just a visitor and she particiates in this obscene bragging fest that cadeau in the chateau is... why? She just doesnt know better?

Reactions: 7
Preamble: In the 90ies an "anarchic" group founded the semi-serious "front de libération des nains des jardins" (liberation front for garden gnomes).. Isn't it time to contact them for a spin-off, to liberate the poor lalande hedgehogs, in all their iterations? (and ban all enablers from gifting / receiving them in future)?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
@Marquis de Potpourri You, my friend, are sure up late!! I drank too much coffee today and here it is after midnight and I'm still up ... and have to get up for work tomorrow! What's your excuse?!

Preamble: In the 90ies an "anarchic" group founded the semi-serious "front de libération des nains des jardins" (liberation front for garden gnomes).. Isn't it time to contact them for a spin-off, to liberate the poor lalande hedgehogs, in all their iterations? (and ban all enablers from gifting / receiving them in future)?
YES! Isn't it time to say, "thank you all so much, but I already have 15 and I don't know what to do with more. Please no more"! (I saw someone named Angela has been keeping a count of them for the fans in the live chats!!)

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I agree that Gerry was a completely different person in that film. I did feel, however, that he could have promoted the charity's website. However, he did come across as genuine without all the usual clowning and silly jokes. I wonder if it's SJ's manic delivery that encourages him to act like that on the CD and he feels he is part of her circus act. People would be much more positive about him if he behaved as he did in that film.
I wonder if Gerry is the type of guy who could come up with the idea of promoting a website or social media pages. He may have just been told to take videos with his phone camera. SJ should have followed up on promoting the charity after Gerry's clip. How hard is it to say: "If you wish to find out more about Suffolk Artlink, visit their website at www.suffolkartlink.org.uk or check out their Instagram at...."? But even she didn't think about that because she was dying to open gifts!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I don't agree with this. I can't see Philip being jealous of Dan at all.

I just don't see how any competition or jealousy would be coming from that direction.
I agree. I think Philip might feel a bit left out of the male bonding ... but he seems very bonded with SJ (ugh) and Natti and him seem like close friends too. And I just don't see him as the vindictive type. Where I can see some from other chateaux maybe having a nasty jealous streak ... maybe.

Reactions: 9
@Marquis de Potpourri You, my friend, are sure up late!! I drank too much coffee today and here it is after midnight and I'm still up ... and have to get up for work tomorrow! What's your excuse?!
The Marquis' Fiancee here:
He is in the shower (too much detail). :giggle: I had to work emergency until 2 AM (I'm interning), and he waited up for me. He usually does when I work emergency late to give me a leg and foot massage before bedtime (too much detail again). :giggle:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I actually don't know if I'd want to be an overnight guest at any of them, but I would like to tour some of them. I enjoy comfort for my sleeping situation. But I love all kinds of architecture and furniture and decoration. So I'd want to see them, but not stay at them. And I love the land at La Lande, especially the forest and stream.
I know I would not like to stay there and eat there but I would love to see the buildings and especially the gardens as my husband and I are big garden fans . Would love to be there when the bluebells are out and the peonies as we cannot really grow them ... too hot.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
the way all those DIYers.....not only Dan... handle their electricity gives me the creeps sometimes...do they even get it checked?? when its not properly done... it surely can kill you...or put your house in flames...
Oh yes! It’s crucial to get that checked. Very highly regulated in the uk, although my trained husband wired our whole house it was properly checked and passed by an inspector. It is not a job for a handyman.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.