Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But then what would her little pet poodle do for a pay check???? I mean I think it would be a GREAT idea for her to hire Dan instead. Let Squirrelly go back to the "Neverlands". And finish his community college gig. And find a suitable partner instead of a middle aged child bride!
Snorts is Sj's lady in waiting of course 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Stay at Lalande????
I would be afraid of bed bugs, mice and stumbling over real, live hedgehogs in the hall. Dirty bathrooms. Can't eat there either. Too hot in the shanty in summer to sleep ( the windows are wide open without screens???? Birds?, bats? Bugs? Peacocks? Burglars?? Lol !😅
The "garden" I call it a big yard....is a mess!
I have woods and a stream behind my own home. No way would I want to stay at THAT shanty chateau.
I bet it doesn't smell good inside either. Probably smells like a cross between a nursing home and Goodwill. ( though I do like to hunt around Goodwill occasionally....never smells so good though).
Nope. I will stay home where it is clean, smells fresh, good food, and no vermin. Except for my husband.
KIDDING!!!!
No, not Lalande, I want value for money as I wrote above!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How to Renovate a Chateau gained 34 patrons in 2 days. Their last video really worked for them.

I remember long ago when I was a patron of Michael, he did a Q&A (while out rowing in a boat on his family pond) and mentioned that he is an extreme perfectionist. I know that really hinders a lot of people in life. (I have totally lost interest in that bunch and never watch anymore). Remember a view is a view even if it is a hate view. You are putting money in their pocket either way. Same with the gift grab.

Is Andi there to help with the Christmas vlogs?

Reactions: 12
Reactions: 12
We can all learn from one another. Increase our understanding of things we are ignorant of. Reading tattle has certainly opened my eyes to what I was oblivious to.
Me too! I realized how little I look at people's crotches! I never noticed when the Texas volunteer's fly was down, nor Dan's many times his has been down! LOL There are other things too I just miss and am amazed at some of the Tattler's observation skills.

I've been thinking that really, Tattle is like a Book Club enjoying a good hardy critique of some crazy literature!

LOL. Love. I'm an INTJ too. I totally get that about page thing. That just screams INTJ for ya. I can understand if you're not INTJ that doesn't fit expectations of anything that people say we're "supposed" to do. But we're not put on the planet to play along with silly games designed to put yourself only in the very best light. We might be the least likely to buy a ring light and gauzy Photoshop filters. We love truth and I love they actually wrote "truth" in it. This is living up to the truth of who you are, ugly or pretty or rude or sweet or grumpy or funny or whatever it is you think about yourself, be true to it, don't hide it to be acceptable. That's INTJ. I think Elon Musk is an INTJ too.

Stephanie must NOT BE that is for sure.
My husband is an INTJ!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
They're quick with their château tour.
14:30 "as you'd recognise where Steve and I sat and had dinner in the last vlog" 🧐🧐🧐 - no such vlog exists.... (?)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
They're quick with their château tour.
14:30 "as you'd recognise where Steve and I sat and had dinner in the last vlog" 🧐🧐🧐 - no such vlog exists.... (?)
i never watched a video from them, but it’s so lovely how siblings can work together for a common goal.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
OMG : (with our Chatelaine's answer as a bonus) :

Melissa Sinclair
17 hours agoI really wish you wouldn't highlight people who have received the donations/scholarship. It's an ableist and priviliged thing to do and it basically does the opposite of the intent. Things should be given without using the recipients for showing their impact - that is demeaning to the receivers.
Kathleen Clark
17 hours agoOh dear. I do not think that you get the point. The recipients should be celebrated and the fact that Stephanie has made the effort to look for deserving recipients should be acknowledged. The recipients are not demeaned at all. Puhleeze!

Z.R
17 hours ago
I see your point with the South African Student, perhaps the next Student can be annonymous. However, I believe the Suffolk Art Link organization were very, Very, VERY pleased with the increased awareness, this platform brings. Everything has a time and place.
Show less

Melissa Sinclair
16 hours ago
Showing the director and hear from their perspective or showing some work is fine. Showing people who are using the service, is not - even with all the best intent in the world. There are better ways. I hate to nitpick as all of the work and donations are wonderful and should be continued, but we are just continually learning how to do it in a better and meaningful, yet respectful way.
Show less

Linda Storey
16 hours agoIf you don't approve ms since air then sod off and fond something that doesn't offend your skewed thinking.

Z.R
16 hours ago
@Melissa Sinclair They showed 2 Artists in the video. They both had a chance to talk about their work. The fact that one was disabled seems to have triggered you. You feel he needs to be protected, for some reason. All I saw were two Artists, full stop. Nothing was disrespectful here. There is nothing to "learn" here.
Chateau Unwrapped!
Chateau Unwrapped!

16 hours ago
George was delighted to be interviewed and has been asking when the video will come out. I would not film anyone without their permission to use the footage. Many artists like their work to be highlighted, and Mmakhotso (who received the South African scholarship) would also like to appear in the vlog again at the end of her first year of studies. The funding of her second year is in no way dependent on this. I understand your concern, but it’s people’s own decision whether or not to showcase their art.
Show less

David Smith
15 hours ago
Melissa Sinclair I am sure that anyone included in the video whether administrative or individual had CHOICE to be included…and were not forced to do so…everyone who we have seen that were recipients seemed to be thrilled for the generosity. Why there are people such as yourself who have to nit pic EVERYthing (no matter how beneficial it is to those who benefit from the joy of receiving & participating in something positive)isost frustrating especially when at NO TIME was anyone looking uncomfortable or put upon. Maybe you need to just stop watching the Cadeaux Vlog if it so obviously offends you.
Show less

Kathleen Clark
13 hours ago
David Smith (and others): I am in complete agreement with you. I do not remotely understand Melissa Sinclair’s issue with this generous scholarship scenario. There is not one remote demeaning element in Stephanie’s programme here. The intent of promoting scholarship is clear. Everyone involved is clearly thankful for the opportunities that this scholarship programme promotes. I have no idea what Melissa means by being “ableist and privileged” and how Stephanie’s generosity is the “opposite of the intent”. Possibly she can explain. Because … I take exception to her odd observations.
Show less

rosalie jackson
13 hours ago @Linda Storey she has a legitimate point. Your comment is incredibly rude for someone who is a fan of this channel. Why not just let Stephanie explain instead of jumping on someone like they are a criminal. Stephanie is not some flower, she gave a good explanation, just wait next time and let Stephanie respond, that's who Melissa was addressing, not you.

rosalie jackson
13 hours ago
@Melissa Sinclair I'm a mom of a couple of children with disabilities who would be part of a program like this, and I found it very touching how Gerry interviewed them. I was impressed that they were included rather than made invisible, as so often has happened with those with disabilities. George's mum was present and I'm sure if she had issue with him being featured she would have said something. Believe me, as another mum like her, we have tons of practice advocating for our children and we are so pleased when they find something they enjoy and are included in things. Just thought I'd add a different perspective.
Read more

caz
6 hours ago
@Chateau Unwrapped! I agree & totally support you. Blocking & deleting this type of negative aggression could be an option. Your vlogs are uplifting & bring joy to many, particularly those highlighted. Thank you for the joy you bring & your generosity Stephanie & Co.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Yes, but how do you do it. I want to put a picture on instead of the C but don't know how. 🙏♥
Sorry! Yes, just click your profile and it will give you the option to edit your picture. Click “Edit” and then select a picture from your photo library (or wherever) to replace the default avatar.

Reactions: 3
Yes, but how do you do it. I want to put a picture on instead of the C but don't know how. 🙏♥
This is how I do it in my Android phone. Pick a photo or image you like. I screenshot it on my phone and save it in my "photos" or "gallery" app. Click on your Tattle profile, click on "edit " (across the letter C) . This gives you the option to "choose file". Press this, It takes you to a blank page on your phone called "Recents" . I click the 3 bars at the top left and choose "Gallery," (it may be "Photos" on your phone) , I select my chosen photo, it uploads it to your Tattle profile when you press "Okay"

Reactions: 6
On his recently released Patreon video, MPK talked about how he didn’t have any money again!
I'm wondering if he thought he'd been furloughed during the pandemic and would still be getting 80% of his pay without having to do any work?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.