Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[QUOTE"sandro37, post: 6666926, member: 131734"]
Interesting take on it, you are maybe loud but you also pause a lot, as to have time to think and you do think a lot, most of the time how to avoid hurting someone's feelings, here we are not that advanced (not yet so many ppl in therapy)
also, the attitude is to be cheerful as much as possible, here in Europe we just don't do it, the values are about being humble, not to brag... you guys re the perfect opposites, it is expected that you brag and if you don't something is off with you
so I guess being soft-spoken might be part of being polite
what throws me off is that manbun Anne Marie looks very much macho like, very manly, he works in that way and then he opens his mouth and I am in awe, and suddenly I hear old nice lady speaking

jmo, but...I think there are a lot of generalizations about us...yes...the thinking a lot...is more of an observation technique...however, i admit I am (and many I know) very rude and abrupt. If I hurt your feelings, I think you are weak and whiny. talk a lot...yes, but it’s a tactic...(work)...in getting info...nobody I deal with/know is ‘cheerful’..more impatient and brusque... the brag comment: men may brag more about themselves....women more so about their kids...

amaury is a smart cookie imo...notwithstanding his soft voice...and seemingly low key demeanor...

Reactions: 4
Another gansta granny bringing gifts for the chatelaine! Butt-kissery at its worst!:sick:

Granny Celeste's favorite phrase: "I knew I just had to buy it..."

View attachment 805794
Looking at this photo....and thinking about the last vlog where both Stephanie and Sir Hedgehog were wearing robes.
It's like when you see a dog and their owner and you realize that they started looking like each other.

I think Andi is currently a lost sheep because her husband died recently so she needs to go somewhere where there is a lots of life so she can get distracted and also share here talent (she is faced with her own mortality, so at least she can leave something more significant behind)
I find her incredibly boring

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yes, I have read every single thread and I find Davy’s Duplo obsession very similar to Michael’s BP and Spode obsession. It’s all in the way their gaze and vocal patterns change when talking about that which truly obsesses them
Are we really going there? His pattern changes with greed, he knew the value of luxury from his london heydays, from SJ he learned the art of grift and that spode collectors pieces are valuable and he can get them for free from gansta grannies, so it comes to no surprise that he cannot content himself when speaking about it

Reactions: 13
Yes, I have read every single thread and I find Davy’s Duplo obsession very similar to Michael’s BP and Spode obsession. It’s all in the way their gaze and vocal patterns change when talking about that which truly obsesses them
There is more than an 'obsession' with something to make one autistic, and neurotypical people also can have hobbies and be obsessed about things. You don't get a diagnosis from one symptom, you need a set of several things to be diagnosed.

He also has a horrible habit of sticking to something, he's more ADD in many ways.

Michael's social skills also, say otherwise. The way he used to banter with SJ compared to the way Davey talks with her feel completely different.

I think the family rally around is more likely from his years of depression and they are scared he is going to sink to a low he did in the past, which has left him with a high degree of manipulative power within the family. This could also be because of addiction issues. He's gone to really low places and they have nearly lost him, and now a downward spiral can freak them all out ... especially mom, who then rally's the kids. Just my gut feeling.

Even Davey, he's VERY high functioning. He's more of a Temple Gradin. Super educated and specialized in their field, savante like.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
At the risk of getting beat up here ...
1) I would call what Michael and Marie do as begging. It's very very blatant. The whining is so high pitched. Especially Michael. He takes money and gives no content to his Patreons, for months on end. That's a whole other story.
2) I have a hard time calling what SJ does, at least on Patreon, as begging. To me she produces regular content on her Patreon page. When I'm getting something for my money, I don't see how that is begging. It's like saying a magazine is begging, and it's not. It presents a cover and information I'm interested in, so I choose to buy it to see more content. I saw myself as buying a product that entertained me, not that I was restoring anything with the money I paid. I didn't really care how she used that money. I got what I paid for. When I got bored, I quit her Patreon.
3) Dan or rather Annalise also give content. Just like with SJ I buy piece of a magazine, or content that is on patreon. And I buy patreon so that I feel free from watching a YouTuber without watching the adverts. Dan hardly ever mentions or pushes their patreon.
I just see several levels, and only the 1st one is begging/panhandling in my humble opinion.
**ducks all the rotten tomatoes **
They all provide content. Some regularly, some one (MPK) rarely. SJ bought a chateau she is renovating with other people's money, so do the Fleuries, MPK is somewhat doing the same with his brother's cottage, but so do Dan & Annalise at a much smaller scale literally, a farmhouse.

When I joined this forum back in January, every one of them was labeled as scroungers, albeit at different levels, but they're all the same, they rely on strangers to help pay to renovate their homes (on in MPK's case, vacations). I am of the conviction that if you can't afford it without asking strangers to help you have it, you shouldn't keep it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I agree on many levels, but I would argue that the familiy’s closing of ranks (when most wouldn’t) and the manic obsession with certain subjects whether justified or not points to some sort of spectrum.
To me it reminds me of a family enabling an addict. Or someone going through a depressive episode. They are sheltering him through it

At the risk of getting beat up here ...

1) I would call what Michael and Marie do as begging. It's very very blatant. The whining is so high pitched. Especially Michael. He takes money and gives no content to his Patreons, for months on end. That's a whole other story.
2) I have a hard time calling what SJ does, at least on Patreon, as begging. To me she produces regular content on her Patreon page. When I'm getting something for my money, I don't see how that is begging. It's like saying a magazine is begging, and it's not. It presents a cover and information I'm interested in, so I choose to buy it to see more content. I saw myself as buying a product that entertained me, not that I was restoring anything with the money I paid. I didn't really care how she used that money. I got what I paid for. When I got bored, I quit her Patreon.
3) Dan or rather Annalise also give content. Just like with SJ I buy piece of a magazine, or content that is on patreon. And I buy patreon so that I feel free from watching a YouTuber without watching the adverts. Dan hardly ever mentions or pushes their patreon.

I just see several levels, and only the 1st one is begging/panhandling in my humble opinion.

**ducks all the rotten tomatoes **
I agree with you on many points here. I can see the distinction between the three as you pointed out.

Sometimes I get the feeling watching Dan is like seeing the beginning of a transformation. A big youtuber my son watches has over 10 million subs on his main channel plus two other channels that aren't small. He stopped working as a veterinarian and opened another business making and selling merchandise for other 'creators'.

I hope Dan doesn't get that big, but it would be great if he didn't need to play odd-job man for SJ anymore.
If he didn't do any chateau jobs anymore, it would start to limit his content to renovations only. I personally like that he does more than just that. He'd have to find more content to fill the space if he didn't visit the chateau anymore

• Heart
Reactions: 12
They all provide content. Some regularly, some one (MPK) rarely. SJ bought a chateau she is renovating with other people's money, so do the Fleuries, MPK is somewhat doing the same with his brother's cottage, but so do Dan & Annalise at a much smaller scale literally, a farmhouse. When I joined this forum back in January, every one of them was labeled as scroungers, albeit at different levels, but they're all the same, they rely on strangers to help pay to renovate their homes (on in MPK's case, vacations). I am of the conviction that if you can't afford it without asking strangers to help you keep it, you shouldn't have it.
I hear you, and I know that is the main view here, and that's fine. Just not how I see it!

Reactions: 7
As rational people, we’d like to try and explain MPK’s behavior as some kind of disorder that’s beyond his control. It’s hard to believe anyone could be as dense as he can be. But, yes, at the end of the day, it’s simply just entitlement, selfishness, laziness, and greed. He was probably raised as a “golden child”...”so smart,” “so talented,” “so much potential,” “will do great things.” It’s all gone to his head…he can’t fathom he could ever do anything wrong. And if something goes wrong, it can’t be his fault…because he believes he’s special and infallible. He might also turn to drugs or alcohol to deal with his feelings of inadequacy…when reality doesn’t correspond with his grandiose self-perception.
MPK is kind of like Arthur in the Peakey Blinders???
Except I actually like the Peakey Blinders.

That would make Billy = Thomas Shelby

Grace = Gwen
Aunt Polly? = Ma Trotter?

Except, once again, I actually like the Peakey Blinders

Are we really going there? His pattern changes with greed, he knew the value of luxury from his london heydays, from SJ he learned the art of grift and that spode collectors pieces are valuable and he can get them for free from gansta grannies, so it comes to no surprise that he cannot content himself when speaking about it
Wait a second... Didn't he actually teach Stephanie the art of the grift? According to both of them, he told her to turn on her monetization. I think he also pushed the Patreon bit. I vaguely remember her saying something about viewers asking her to open a Patreon? But it could have been MPK.

She wasn't even on YouTube until he recommended she move all her Facebook videos to YouTube.
She didn't seem to have a clue how to make money from her videos until MPK came along

I hear you, and I know that is the main view here, and that's fine. Just not how I see it!
Right. We all see things differently--that's how a forum ought to be.

People see distinctions between these chateauverse vloggers as being on different levels of Dante's Inferno, but in my perspective, they're all in one place. Much like an Albertan is as Canadian as a Newfie. :giggle:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Dangit! That product placement worked on me! This is so pretty!

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 5.54.34 PM.png

Also, I learned that baby hedgehogs are called hoglet! That's actually cute! :LOL:

• Haha
Interesting take on it, you are maybe loud but you also pause a lot, as to have time to think and you do think a lot, most of the time how to avoid hurting someone's feelings, here we are not that advanced (not yet so many ppl in therapy)
also, the attitude is to be cheerful as much as possible, here in Europe we just don't do it, the values are about being humble, not to brag... you guys re the perfect opposites, it is expected that you brag and if you don't something is off with you
so I guess being soft-spoken might be part of being polite
what throws me off is that manbun Anne Marie looks very much macho like, very manly, he works in that way and then he opens his mouth and I am in awe, and suddenly I hear old nice lady speaking

but in the pub or even parliament in UK with all the old Etonians it sounds like a cowbarn
There are so many stereo types out there about every culture.

Living next door to my American brothers and sisters, I can say that they have a load of self-confidence. Being outgoing and happy is definitely seen as a positive attribute here in North America. But I have met many shy and quiet Americans too. So we can't really lump them all together.

I used to think British people were all stiff upper lips, very serious and proper. Like the Queen and Prince Charles vibes. This was long before we were getting any British telly here, so I knew nothing. I go to London for a couple days holiday and I was shocked! I was like 23, and I'm on the underground or something like that and a young man walked by me and loudly flirted with me in passing, and just didn't know what to do! He just walked right past, but it was more like what I'd heard Italian men were like! Turns out you aren't all serious and stiff!!

I had a friend who grew up in Greece move to Switzerland about 5 years ago, and she had the hardest time getting used to no one smiling and talking to each other. The Greeks are very outgoing and loud and friendly and neighborly and happy. (I lived there a couple of years a loved the culture, the bluntness and the liveliness).

I remember meeting some young men from Iran when I lived in Greece, and that too shocked me! They didn't look like terrorists at all!! That's all I knew from the media! These guys were amazingly fun and funny.

Anyway, I ramble ...

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh yes. And, new Tattlers are welcome! After all, I was a newbie once, too! I like hearing different opinions and perspectives, and I enjoy learning about other customs and practices across the world. But a newbie (or infrequent poster) that only focuses on Dan (and no one else), and only has negative comments about him, certainly would appear to have an agenda they’re trying to push. In that case, there’s just no point in engaging…it’s like talking to a wall…or a broken record!
Though they could've been lurking for a while agreeing with most posts and liking them or what not ,and now that they don't agree with Dan fans they express their opinion?

Reactions: 2
I hope Dan doesn't get that big, but it would be great if he didn't need to play odd-job man for SJ anymore.
I agree. I want him to do well for himself and his family, but not to become so massive he's unrelatable, and I want him to be able to be independent of SJ if he chooses to leave gardening there.

Though they could've been lurking for a while agreeing with most posts and liking them or what not ,and now that they don't agree with Dan fans they express their opinion?
Over and over…multiple times? Only expressing Dan opinions, nothing else? And only negative? No, I think that’s different than a lurker that just decided to post an opinion. To me, it screams “agenda.”

I actually like that sweater and it's one of the few shades of "yellow" I enjoy.... I basically live in skinny jeans and oversized sweaters in fall.

I LOVE the cut of the oversized sweater but would love it in electric blue, kelly green or neon pink or black.
Yellow gives me PTSD from yellow Door, window, closet trim in my childhood bedroom , that and Holly Hobby wallpaper :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Right. We all see things differently--that's how a forum ought to be.

People see distinctions between these chateauverse vloggers as being on different levels of Dante's Inferno, but in my perspective, they're all in one place. Much like an Albertan is as Canadian as a Newfie. :giggle:
Considering some Albertans want sovereignty from Canada... You could have chosen a better example.
Also... Don't choose Quebec. it can be touchy.

But yes! Point made! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Wilhelm, you are free to express your opinion as much as everyone else. You can be a staunch anti-Dan or a semi-anti-Dan like me (because I still find his videos amusing) in this forum, just don't let anyone plow you over. Take a stand and express your opinion without violating the rules, and you'll be alright. This is a forum. Not everyone here sees eye to eye all the time. Read the exchange between @Marty McFly 9 and me. Just a healthy exchange of opinions. (y) ✌🥂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.