Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that not dumpster diving?
Ah, It lives by many names. There was another definition of flytipping saying it is basically dumping somewhere that it is not allowed.
Dumpster diving goes to a real dumpster looking. Others go to the rubbish/landfill and wade thru the stench for that special something

Reactions: 6
I agree that we all have our opinions about the chateauverse, and everyone expresses those opinions. That’s great…everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, there’s a select few newer members (or members who don’t regularly post) that clearly have an agenda when it comes to Dan. They only seem to show up at opportune moments (usually when the majority consensus here is that he’s done something good), and only focus on the negative with Dan to the exclusion of just about anyone else in the chateauverse. It’s just very odd and smells like a rat.
New tattlers pop up on a regular basis,I suppose in this context they might stand out more.

Reactions: 2
A long time ago we bought a house that was "sort of "renovated by the last owner..... I nearly had a telephone man die under my house because the last guy left live wires dangling there and we did not know!
This happened when the telephone guy was putting in more phone lines as my husband worked from home sometimes way back then.
It was so scary and we got the whole house looked at ... what that man did - or did not do - what terrible. So anything with electricity makes me shudder!
No.... we did not stay in that house for long.
I wonder how many of those chateaux have their electrical, heating, and plumbing systems up to code? Some things can be DIY'ed, but there are some that shouldn't.

Also on the topic of Dan, I like watching his short daily vlogs. I found his earlier and longer vlogs horrible--those with twittering birds audio intro. They were boring and terribly made! But then, he was just starting. I think more than just talent, he is consistent, committed, and really works hard, which trumps talent every time. Working hard consistently made/makes him get better at his crafts (especially vlogging) in the process. But in my opinion (and I know many here will dislike this), as long as he has that Patreon account active, he's a scrounger. Maybe not on the same level of greed and wastefulness as SJ or MPK, but he still begs. My fiancee LOVES Dan! :love: :LOL: He is one exception in the chateauverse we agreed to disagree about. ✌(y)

• Haha
Reactions: 23
But of course! How would we have debates if we all had the same opinion?

The VIP'S need opposition or we couldn't whip you all into shape.

**Disclaimer** Not all VIP'S are Dan fans, but we all like to Tattle.

*Second Disclaimer * Heathcliffe isn't a VIP so all newbies shouldn't be fooled.
A giggle of tattlers or a tittle of tattlers....

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Also on the topic of Dan, I like watching his short daily vlogs. I found his earlier and longer vlogs horrible--those with twittering birds audio intro. They were boring and terribly made! But then, he was just starting. I think more than just talent, he is consistent, committed, and really works hard, which trumps talent every time. Working hard consistently made/makes him get better at his crafts (especially vlogging) in the process. But in my opinion (and I know many here will dislike this), as long as he has that Patreon account active, he's a scrounger. Maybe not on the same level of greed and wastefulness as SJ or MPK, but he still begs. My fiancee LOVES Dan! :love: :LOL: He is one exception in the chateauverse we agreed to disagree about. ✌(y)
At the risk of getting beat up here ...

1) I would call what Michael and Marie do as begging. It's very very blatant. The whining is so high pitched. Especially Michael. He takes money and gives no content to his Patreons, for months on end. That's a whole other story.
2) I have a hard time calling what SJ does, at least on Patreon, as begging. To me she produces regular content on her Patreon page. When I'm getting something for my money, I don't see how that is begging. It's like saying a magazine is begging, and it's not. It presents a cover and information I'm interested in, so I choose to buy it to see more content. I saw myself as buying a product that entertained me, not that I was restoring anything with the money I paid. I didn't really care how she used that money. I got what I paid for. When I got bored, I quit her Patreon.
3) Dan or rather Annalise also give content. Just like with SJ I buy piece of a magazine, or content that is on patreon. And I buy patreon so that I feel free from watching a YouTuber without watching the adverts. Dan hardly ever mentions or pushes their patreon.

I just see several levels, and only the 1st one is begging/panhandling in my humble opinion.

**ducks all the rotten tomatoes **

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I read the article...what is "flytipping"?
Dumping rubbish in public places, roadsides, down coontry lanes etc, rather than pay for it to be removed properly and/or take to Council tips. Usually building rubble, old fridges etc. It's a real pain and literally a blot on the landscape.

Reactions: 15
Waddup, Yentas!
I just caught up on all 16 pages since I was last on here! Lots of interesting stuff!
Just got home from my family's Canadian Thanksgiving dinner (my mom's Canadian).

Walked into the living room earlier and...BAM! 30 orange balloons and champagne!
What a party! Happy Thanksgiving, Canucks! 🇨🇦
View attachment 804343

You know what ISN'T a party? MPK's new Patreon-exclusive vlog! What a ho-hummer!

What other topic can MPK claim to be an expert in that he could easily mess up? Spode? AGA? Hairdressing? Egyptology?

Is Sadie now in charge of her lazy brother's Patreon page?

🤨

View attachment 804357
Happy Thanksgiving Marquis et votre fiance!!

Did SJ fall and smack her head on her chateau's ancient stone floor?
What's up with that messed-up timeline?
She begins her vlog with scenes of Maria leaving, and puts her final dinner/evening at the chateau close to the end.
I have a sneaky feeling that she was too lazy to bother with the timeline.

View attachment 804380View attachment 804381
Very strange editing! To say the least.

Our goldfish were called Cuddles and Fluffy.
Ours were Goldilocks and Mickey!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
New tattlers pop up on a regular basis,I suppose in this context they might stand out more.
Oh yes. And, new Tattlers are welcome! After all, I was a newbie once, too! I like hearing different opinions and perspectives, and I enjoy learning about other customs and practices across the world. But a newbie (or infrequent poster) that only focuses on Dan (and no one else), and only has negative comments about him, certainly would appear to have an agenda they’re trying to push. In that case, there’s just no point in engaging…it’s like talking to a wall…or a broken record!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
dear newbie, please read some previous threads, if MP is on any spectrum it is a narcissistic one, you are welcome, I saved you a ton of time, thoughts and disappointment
if you need an example for comparison for the other spectrum watch Davy unpacking his duplo collection.
Yes, I have read every single thread and I find Davy’s Duplo obsession very similar to Michael’s BP and Spode obsession. It’s all in the way their gaze and vocal patterns change when talking about that which truly obsesses them

I have a son with high functioning ASD and MP is not on the Autism spectrum, Davey, however, gives massive amounts of vibes that he could be.

Michael's just on the selfish-entitled-lazy-greedy spectrum. Something is up with him in that family. It's like his siblings both don't post videos in the last month, and now what has been posted really appears that all hands are on deck to help Michael gain traction and feel supported by the fam. Biffy & Sadie both are all over the place supporting and doing for Michael. I suspect there are frequent family meetings there to try to save Michael and his channel. Personally, I like Biffy's videos the best, and think they should all just vlog on the one channel, not spread themselves all over their channels with such similar content. That would be my business advice to their vlogging empire.
I agree on many levels, but I would argue that the familiy’s closing of ranks (when most wouldn’t) and the manic obsession with certain subjects whether justified or not points to some sort of spectrum.

At the risk of getting beat up here ...

1) I would call what Michael and Marie do as begging. It's very very blatant. The whining is so high pitched. Especially Michael. He takes money and gives no content to his Patreons, for months on end. That's a whole other story.
2) I have a hard time calling what SJ does, at least on Patreon, as begging. To me she produces regular content on her Patreon page. When I'm getting something for my money, I don't see how that is begging. It's like saying a magazine is begging, and it's not. It presents a cover and information I'm interested in, so I choose to buy it to see more content. I saw myself as buying a product that entertained me, not that I was restoring anything with the money I paid. I didn't really care how she used that money. I got what I paid for. When I got bored, I quit her Patreon.
3) Dan or rather Annalise also give content. Just like with SJ I buy piece of a magazine, or content that is on patreon. And I buy patreon so that I feel free from watching a YouTuber without watching the adverts. Dan hardly ever mentions or pushes their patreon.

I just see several levels, and only the 1st one is begging/panhandling in my humble opinion.

**ducks all the rotten tomatoes **
Very well put!

The only rotten tomato throwing should be aimed at the screen .

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sometimes I get the feeling watching Dan is like seeing the beginning of a transformation. A big youtuber my son watches has over 10 million subs on his main channel plus two other channels that aren't small. He stopped working as a veterinarian and opened another business making and selling merchandise for other 'creators'.

I hope Dan doesn't get that big, but it would be great if he didn't need to play odd-job man for SJ anymore.

Reactions: 20
Hmmmm....from the comment section of the GAG vlog...wonder what this is about...

2021-10-11 (3).png
2021-10-11 (3).png

And what the hell is Jan Campbell smoking???...That's some jumbled comment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
GAG again...

Well, to my mind, Gerry really came up trumps and was the highlight of this week's effort!
He did a lovely job of the Artlink interviews. He spoke so nicely with (and not down to) the people there, very sensible, sensitive and fluent. He actually listened to people and didn't need to interject. In fact, I reckon he's found his forte!
I found myself actually enjoying that clip and much preferring sensible, kind grown-up Gerry to the tartan-overloaded jokester he somehow thinks he has to be around the over-excitable Ms Grabby.

Back to the LaLa courtyard. Good grief. what is wrong with people that they keep sending adults (who have plenty of money) lots of childrens' gifts and sweeties?

Frankly, she-who-is-named-after-an-elephant (Celeste) gives me the creeps, she seems to try too hard - but why? Feeling more than a smidge of obsessive/compulsive/stalkery vibe from her.

I so detest what they're doing with poor SA people. Sounds so patronising and almost exploitative.

🥇 for Gerry!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I have a son with high functioning ASD and MP is not on the Autism spectrum, Davey, however, gives massive amounts of vibes that he could be.

Michael's just on the selfish-entitled-lazy-greedy spectrum. Something is up with him in that family. It's like his siblings both don't post videos in the last month, and now what has been posted really appears that all hands are on deck to help Michael gain traction and feel supported by the fam. Biffy & Sadie both are all over the place supporting and doing for Michael. I suspect there are frequent family meetings there to try to save Michael and his channel.
As rational people, we’d like to try and explain MPK’s behavior as some kind of disorder that’s beyond his control. It’s hard to believe anyone could be as dense as he can be. But, yes, at the end of the day, it’s simply just entitlement, selfishness, laziness, and greed. He was probably raised as a “golden child”...”so smart,” “so talented,” “so much potential,” “will do great things.” It’s all gone to his head…he can’t fathom he could ever do anything wrong. And if something goes wrong, it can’t be his fault…because he believes he’s special and infallible. He might also turn to drugs or alcohol to deal with his feelings of inadequacy…when reality doesn’t correspond with his grandiose self-perception.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.