Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now thats a good question!
maybe hes getting back to france before she is.. if the list is long, maybe its easier to transport in the van... also maybe she is also doing some grocery shopping ...and there is always customs and duties to contend with

Reactions: 2
I can’t watch Life of Ryan anymore. It’s too cringeworthy. Dan and Amaury on the other hand are extremely entertaining in a completeLy natural way. It’s really refreshing after Ryan’s stupidity and SJ‘s contrived blathering.
He's like the fly you can't swat...the itch you can't scratch.....sooooooooooo irritating....and I'm sure the accent is reaching new depths... awful. x

Reactions: 6
My take on the whole thing is this.
In the last thread there was much discussion about replacement radiators. Dan and Amuary are doing the work and the radiators are coming from the UK due to post pandemic shortages in France? The idea of the trip was to order or collect the radiators. Amaury was also going to his parents to collect some of his tools. Dan staying over in London at SJ's airbnb. SJ requested some essentials for her forthcoming visit to London to be left at the airbnb. Dan would be presumably paid for the journey but he got free accommodation and a day or two off in London. Not a bad deal. At least that's how I saw it 😁
Ah just seen Dan's new vlog is up. 😁

Reactions: 6
Most definitely do not support cow tipping.

As for Dan and grifting, I don't think I remember him ever pausing in the middle of a video to slyly not so slyly mention his Patreon and ask for funds like the Fleuries do.

I cant stand the way the Fleuries do it as if it's just a subtle request. Like, I'd rather them just be out right about it at the end of a video , like "if you enjoy what we do and and want to support what we are trying to accomplish here, please become a Patreon.". Done.

His very first video and intro

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I actually noticed that -thought it was just me!
I hadn't noticed it ... but it sure was striking, considering the smile she had just on her face when Kirsty was hugging and talking ... she likes Kirsty ... but Anne Marie would have had daggers in his back if she had looked at him instead of away!

Reactions: 10

He has never hidden his Patreon account. The link has always been under his Vlogs. It's not mentioned as much these days, probably because of the short length of his Vlogs.
I like them for what they are and I don't support as a Patron on any of them.
Let's face it a lot us do like him and some don't. I'm sure he doesn't lose any sleep over it.
Good for him with his news today as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I read the article...what is "flytipping"?
Fly tipping is a term used in the UK for people who will illegally dump their rubbish in unauthorised places, usually at roadsides, or rural lanes,etc instead of taking it to the local refuse/recycling centers. The local recycling sites usually have some sort of scheme for van users whereby they may have to have apply for a license (which is usually free) and maybe have to book appointment, given that they would have a larger cargo to dispose of as opposed to residents with domestic vehicles disposing of general household waste. Basically they can't be bothered with the red tape so they just dump it. The councils then have to clear it away.

Reactions: 7
Great news for Dan, opportunities for a professional video career. He's good at filming vlogs. Well done.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Hello everyone! I’ve been reading these threads for a long time, here’s my first comment.

I watch most of the different chateau vlogs, although I can not watch Cadeaux at the Chateau, it’s just too much for me. I found them last year and have been intrigued ever since.

I am not a Dan the gardener fan. I think he is a bit too full of himself. I don’t like how he jumps all over the place at his own house. Just completely finish one project before moving on to the next. I’m sure he’s been dreaming about fixing up his house for the many years that he’s lived there and now that he’s fallen backwards into some YouTube money, I think he doesn’t know how to handle it. I feel for his wife and kids having to constantly live in a construction site. I also think that he may be a bit inappropriate with his behavior at the chateau. He’s a little too comfortable there. Stephanie recently walked outside, saw Dan there and noted, it’s your day off what are you doing here. He replied, I’m always here. When Cat was leaving very early, Stephanie noted Dan was there and in the same clothes as the night before. The term work wife was thrown around. Lots of other little things caught on camera, must be even more in everyday real life there. Weird.

I wouldn’t feel comfortable with Dan doing pretty much whatever he wants to do with the garden and around the chateau after seeing what his house is like. I think Davey sees through him too. “Mummy” needs to come back to the chateau to keep Dan in line.

I also thought a murder of tattlers was a good one, but a toile of tattlers could work too.

Love you guys!
Watch out Danfans about! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

It is mind blowing how clever Dan is. When you consider how far he's come in his videoing skills, and the whole quality of his work. I remember kind of groaning when I saw the name of his channel, I was like, ugh, please don't use the "Escape to ..." part ... but it's a pretty smart thing to do, because searches for anything "Escape to" can bring up his vlog, so he can reap from all those connections. He's listened to all the right criticisms and made adjustments. He used GoFundMe for one, maybe two specific projects and that's all. He took down the chateau fund raiser one when he got flack about it. He hasn't mentioned their Patreon in eons. It's there in the comments, but has not pushed it. He also doesn't ask people to like and subscribe all the time. Last time I remember him doing it was just before 30k subscribers. He's no dummy. I even think keeping Annalise out of the regular vlogs and doing the Patreon ones is clever. When people comment that they miss her their Patreon's promote the Patreon account in the comments. He could be saying "you can see more of Annalise over on our Patreon", but he doesn't. They are the only ones I'm a Patreon of, because I like to see Annalise ... and because I don't feel obligated to watch ads on YouTube when I'm a Patreon. And Annalise's video, editing skills in the last 2 Patreon videos have also really improved, I assume she's still doing her own. He knows how and when to promote himself and now he's gleaning on that by getting a load of opportunities ... and soon he won't need to garden unless he chooses to.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I hadn't noticed it ... but it sure was striking, considering the smile she had just on her face when Kirsty was hugging and talking ... she likes Kirsty ... but Anne Marie would have had daggers in his back if she had looked at him instead of away!
maybe she wanted a hug too but was miffed when she was overlooked....It must be so difficult to keep a smile fixed on your face costantly knowing the camera is rolling.. lets face it we all have resting faces..:alien::sneaky::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.