Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[QUOT="Lulu Lemondrop, post: 6661464, member: 204615"]
This is just an observation, everyone feel to disagree. As a north american, I notice we have more boisterous voices in regular speech vs. Most Europeans and Brits. I had heard the accounting for that to be down to space.
Here we live with a general expanse of space. American style kind of leans to houses with bigger footprints. Lots of landscape and wilderness. Whereas in Europe cities have more density. Like Ina restaurant in Europe, tables are close together so the polite thing is to have a gentler voice and not have a full boisterous voice. In the US and Canada the restaurant tables are far and often have barriers for privacy. Going from the NA models to Europe .. I think it can lead to the loud American (Canadian) trope at restaurants. It's just a matter of not adjusting to the difference.
But I wonder if a similar effect plays out in normal speaking voices. The expectation is set by the environment we grow up in? I love a soft soothing voice....

...I think this is right on point. there were six of us kids...you had to speak up to be noticed...no one had a soft voice...mayhem...parents would hide in their bedroom to get away from the madhouse...guess that’s why there were ‘six’ of us....😏

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Most definitely do not support cow tipping.

As for Dan and grifting, I don't think I remember him ever pausing in the middle of a video to slyly not so slyly mention his Patreon and ask for funds like the Fleuries do.

I cant stand the way the Fleuries do it as if it's just a subtle request. Like, I'd rather them just be out right about it at the end of a video , like "if you enjoy what we do and and want to support what we are trying to accomplish here, please become a Patreon.". Done.

Reactions: 18
...and...it’s about the amounts they are grifting in comparison to what dan is going for. and they are in it for the long haul...a ‘no end in sight’ amount. a drone is one thing...outbuildings, gites, kitchens, luxury accessories, etc., is another...makes a difference imo...
I have nothing against Dan but to me he is heading in the same direction. They all started out small but once the money hits it goes from there. He isn't going to be an exception to this, at least in my opinion. A year from now he might decide to own his own chateau. Who knows where he is going to end up.

I was kind of confused with his last video, was his family there with him? I guess I will go rewatch and see. Add to his view count :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just watched it.
No biggie... only Dan the multi-talented man, finding another legit way to increase his income.
I agree, he will probably move away from these short daily vlogs to better quality, longer ones. I suspect he might be burning himself out trying to do this day after day.

Reactions: 4
I agree, he will probably move away from these short daily vlogs to better quality, longer ones. I suspect he might be burning himself out trying to do this day after day.

I honestly don't see how one wouldn't burn out. Daily vlogs when one has so much going on with a family, its not sustainable unless the videos are very short with nothing to edit.

Reactions: 5
I honestly don't see how one wouldn't burn out. Daily vlogs when one has so much going on with a family, its not sustainable unless the videos are very short with nothing to edit.
One on the reasons I like him, and his past requests for funds doesn't bother me, is that he clearly is doing everything to make a better life fo his family. It's not for greed, and it's not to sustain a boojie lifestyle that he can't afford on his regular job.

As you say, it is not easy to do 120 daily vlogs!
When was last time any of us did anything for 120 days straight on top of our daily jobs and responsibilities? I know i don't have it in me...

• Heart
Reactions: 26
For those of you in the U.S. wanting to watch the current season of "Chateau DIY", someone has been putting them on YouTube.

Thank you for this link.

I've not watched any Chateau DIY before, so this is a big revelation for me....halfway through the first one now and it's irritating AF.
That terribly patronising syrupy-voiced Brit narrator. It's like listening to PlaySchool (an old BBC prog for 3-6yos).

I can see how this show has encouraged these shattoistas to become playactors and melodramatic. And this show makes them all seem like thickos. Oh wait, maybe they actually are....

• Angry
Reactions: 14
Thanks for bringing this up.
I watched that vlog this am. It was quite a jolt to realise that Dan wasn't actually needed or working. He lost a couple of days' pay for real-world work.

But maybe his vlogs net more these days?
38, 459 views for Ep119 = £250?
22,695 views for Ep120 = £130?

Daily rate at HMN = c.£120?

(Note that I pulled the vlog £ out of the air based on what several other vloggers have mentioned).
My take on the whole thing is this.
In the last thread there was much discussion about replacement radiators. Dan and Amuary are doing the work and the radiators are coming from the UK due to post pandemic shortages in France? The idea of the trip was to order or collect the radiators. Amaury was also going to his parents to collect some of his tools. Dan staying over in London at SJ's airbnb. SJ requested some essentials for her forthcoming visit to London to be left at the airbnb. Dan would be presumably paid for the journey but he got free accommodation and a day or two off in London. Not a bad deal. At least that's how I saw it 😁

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Oh cool! So we Americans can keep up and not have to wait to see the reveals?
Eventually YouTube notices someone has been uploading episodes (when they aren't supposed to) but so far the person's channel hasn't been deleted by YouTube. If the channel gets removed, while on YouTube try searching "Chateau DIY Season 6 Episode # (insert number) and you might be able to find episodes that way.

Reactions: 6
It's no surprise that Dan will be making vlogs and videos for money successfully and Michael gave up this opportunity through laziness and indolence. Michael's obsessed with sex and hooking up with men he meets online. I'll bet he spends most of his time online cruising.
Teabag's too lazy and inconsistent. Nobody would give him a job after his Spanish escapades!Hapoy for Dan(and hope to see less of him in the CD vlogs;) )

Reactions: 9
Did SJ fall and smack her head on her chateau's ancient stone floor?
What's up with that messed-up timeline?
She begins her vlog with scenes of Maria leaving, and puts her final dinner/evening at the chateau close to the end.
I have a sneaky feeling that she was too lazy to bother with the timeline.

View attachment 804380View attachment 804381
That was very strange! I was like -thought Maria was left!

• Haha
Eventually YouTube notices someone has been uploading episodes (when they aren't supposed to) but so far the person's channel hasn't been deleted by YouTube. If the channel gets removed, while on YouTube try searching "Chateau DIY Season 6 Episode # (insert number) and you might be able to find episodes that way.
Unfortunately All4 in their wisdom have only put up to episode 4 on catch up and nothing since. It meant I had to watch live at 4 , which is tricky usually, but I have a stinking cold , so stuck under a blanket with my laptop today ( we don’t have a working aerial, so I watch anything on catchup)

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.