Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My take on the whole thing is this.
In the last thread there was much discussion about replacement radiators. Dan and Amuary are doing the work and the radiators are coming from the UK due to post pandemic shortages in France? The idea of the trip was to order or collect the radiators. Amaury was also going to his parents to collect some of his tools. Dan staying over in London at SJ's airbnb. SJ requested some essentials for her forthcoming visit to London to be left at the airbnb. Dan would be presumably paid for the journey but he got free accommodation and a day or two off in London. Not a bad deal. At least that's how I saw it 😁
And now he's revealed that the real reason for his trip was to pick up some professional tv camera kit so that he can not only improve his own vlogs but also work for other people.

Seems to me like an excellent plan. Upskilling himself to fill gaps in the market there. And to make more money of course. His studio-building makes a whole lot more sense now.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It is mind blowing how clever Dan is. When you consider how far he's come in his videoing skills, and the whole quality of his work. I remember kind of groaning when I saw the name of his channel, I was like, ugh, please don't use the "Escape to ..." part ... but it's a pretty smart thing to do, because searches for anything "Escape to" can bring up his vlog, so he can reap from all those connections. He's listened to all the right criticisms and made adjustments. He used GoFundMe for one, maybe two specific projects and that's all. He took down the chateau fund raiser one when he got flack about it. He hasn't mentioned their Patreon in eons. It's there in the comments, but has not pushed it. He also doesn't ask people to like and subscribe all the time. Last time I remember him doing it was just before 30k subscribers. He's no dummy. I even think keeping Annalise out of the regular vlogs and doing the Patreon ones is clever. When people comment that they miss her their Patreon's promote the Patreon account in the comments. He could be saying "you can see more of Annalise over on our Patreon", but he doesn't. They are the only ones I'm a Patreon of, because I like to see Annalise ... and because I don't feel obligated to watch ads on YouTube when I'm a Patreon. And Annalise's video, editing skills in the last 2 Patreon videos have also really improved, I assume she's still doing her own. He knows how and when to promote himself and now he's gleaning on that by getting a load of opportunities ... and soon he won't need to garden unless he chooses to.
Maybe Sj will finally hire some real gardners? Or is she too cheap...?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
looks like there are going to be future opportunities for Dan to make videos for other organizations.. which will lead to a better financial position... no wonder he took this opportunity to get this gear. good for him..
He seems to be falling on his feet. Good for him and his family!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
We would all love to know 😅

TheRover34
1 hour ago
I would love to hear their mothers stories about how they met their husbands and came to England and what it was like

That's a very good question !!

Ann Mary Joseph
3 hours ago
Why high heels 👠 inside house madam?

PS : 72 dislikes... Bizarre as it's a vlog like her usual ones ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Dan superfans! :)
I'm not sure what you want. Most people have agreed that we all have our own opinions but a couple of you appear to want to carry on until you bring everyone round to your view. I suspect others, like me, are happy to form their own opinion of Dan until we see something for ourselves that convinces us otherwise.
The constant sniping won't do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
It is mind blowing how clever Dan is. When you consider how far he's come in his videoing skills, and the whole quality of his work. I remember kind of groaning when I saw the name of his channel, I was like, ugh, please don't use the "Escape to ..." part ... but it's a pretty smart thing to do, because searches for anything "Escape to" can bring up his vlog, so he can reap from all those connections. He's listened to all the right criticisms and made adjustments. He used GoFundMe for one, maybe two specific projects and that's all. He took down the chateau fund raiser one when he got flack about it. He hasn't mentioned their Patreon in eons. It's there in the comments, but has not pushed it. He also doesn't ask people to like and subscribe all the time. Last time I remember him doing it was just before 30k subscribers. He's no dummy. I even think keeping Annalise out of the regular vlogs and doing the Patreon ones is clever. When people comment that they miss her their Patreon's promote the Patreon account in the comments. He could be saying "you can see more of Annalise over on our Patreon", but he doesn't. They are the only ones I'm a Patreon of, because I like to see Annalise ... and because I don't feel obligated to watch ads on YouTube when I'm a Patreon. And Annalise's video, editing skills in the last 2 Patreon videos have also really improved, I assume she's still doing her own. He knows how and when to promote himself and now he's gleaning on that by getting a load of opportunities ... and soon he won't need to garden unless he chooses to.
I’d also guess you know them, as the ‘Anna dis ‘ from 2017 photo you put up is not on any public social media. Are you family or friend.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
Rather late, I've been catching up on vlogs, as I've been away in an area with patchy WiFi. I just watched Marie's dog sitting one. I have to say I'm enjoying her vlogs now she has this new editor. I like them better than the chateau vlogs . They are beautiful to look at. Pretty countryside, cute animals, lots of flowers, evocative music. I felt sorry for Marie when the dogs ran away. I've done the same thing looking after a cousin's dog. It's awful. You feel so guilty. I cried too and I swear the dog was smirking when it came back home hours later. If it could laugh it would have done.
Look at me turning soppy. I was always a sucker for pretty gardens. Marie seems to have cheered up since she left Lalande. She's going to need thermals in Oxenhope though. Trust me on this Marie. I lived round there till I was 20. 🥶We know you read here. 👍

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I’d also guess you know them, as the ‘Anna dis ‘ from 2017 photo you put up is not on any public social media. Are you family or friend.
That photo is in the public domain.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Well you say that. I’m not a friend or theirs or know them personally yet I found it within two mins on FB.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
and yet so magical lovely
Well it's not fairy dust and glitter just dust and litter..It would need a bippety boppety boo 🧙‍♂️💥✨ to work their magic on it to get it clean.
Thanks for posting this! Here we go again…still bleating about not having any money. No acknowledgement of any responsibility for his financial situation whatsoever. Then going on about the value of a Spode pitcher and a Spode meat platter. MPK is so dense….he has no clue how he comes across.
Thanks for posting but I had to turn off when we got to Peter Rabbit... what is wrong with these supposed adult males who get giddy over childrens characters... MPK with Beatrix Potter and BJJ with his stuffed hedgehogs and bears etc... must be a childhood thing maybe?

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Nope, I don't know them. It's on her FB page, she's got tons of photos up there that are public. You just need to scroll on through! It wasn't a "dis"!!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
And if he was doing something underhand he’d hardly put a vlog out saying he was in London alone would he?
One of the things I really like about Dan and Annalise is that they do seem to tell us as soon as they can what they're doing. They don't seem to play games like the LaLa folk.
And Dan has now explained what he was doing in London. It's all good!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
One of the things I really like about Dan and Annalise is that they do seem to tell us as soon as they can what they're doing. They don't seem to play games like the LaLa folk.
And Dan has now explained what he was doing in London. It's all good!
yes! Which is SO smart! don't leave people hanging to speculate.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
While respecting peoples' rights to their opinions, I'm now "ignoring" Dan haters and Amaury baiters.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I'm not sure what you want. Most people have agreed that we all have our own opinions but a couple of you appear to want to carry on until you bring everyone round to your view. I suspect others, like me, are happy to form their own opinion of Dan until we see something for ourselves that convinces us otherwise.
The constant sniping won't do that.
I stopped engaging with these sort of comments.. They seem to only want to stir trouble. criticism is fine, this is not it.
Shall I post the Professor Quirrell meme once more? :LOL:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.