Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kirsty & Annalise for the win.
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

Meet Oliver the tawny owl, rescued from the roadside by Annalise. Despite the odds, he’s gone from strength to strength, and his future looks bright. Join me on an early morning mushroom forage with the poodles and I’ll tell you all about Oliver .
That was an excellent vlog. Warm and natural. A really knowledgeable girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hello everyone! I’ve been reading these threads for a long time, here’s my first comment.

I watch most of the different chateau vlogs, although I can not watch Cadeaux at the Chateau, it’s just too much for me. I found them last year and have been intrigued ever since.

I am not a Dan the gardener fan. I think he is a bit too full of himself. I don’t like how he jumps all over the place at his own house. Just completely finish one project before moving on to the next. I’m sure he’s been dreaming about fixing up his house for the many years that he’s lived there and now that he’s fallen backwards into some YouTube money, I think he doesn’t know how to handle it. I feel for his wife and kids having to constantly live in a construction site. I also think that he may be a bit inappropriate with his behavior at the chateau. He’s a little too comfortable there. Stephanie recently walked outside, saw Dan there and noted, it’s your day off what are you doing here. He replied, I’m always here. When Cat was leaving very early, Stephanie noted Dan was there and in the same clothes as the night before. The term work wife was thrown around. Lots of other little things caught on camera, must be even more in everyday real life there. Weird.

I wouldn’t feel comfortable with Dan doing pretty much whatever he wants to do with the garden and around the chateau after seeing what his house is like. I think Davey sees through him too. “Mummy” needs to come back to the chateau to keep Dan in line.

I also thought a murder of tattlers was a good one, but a toile of tattlers could work too.

Love you guys!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
This is why I don't understand why Dan gets a slap on the wrist. If the Fleuries have a plan, whether it's via Patreon or whatever savings they have, why not give them a chance to see how they'll do? In the earlier posts it's been shown how Dan asked for money from fans and reached his goals. Since he deleted the requests, it's okay? The Fleuries have not shown any greed, they even shared how their Patreon funds are going, they work just as hard with a family but yet Dan is always the untouchable...so to say...
For me the difference is the open-ended beg. They don't say the out building reno will cost $X. So basically just send $ for an unlimited amount of time. Also, the idea that normally one works to achieve a goal. If I can't afford to refinish my wood floor at the moment, I save up for it or I work a sided job to EARN the extra funds. In the end it is adding value to their property and what does the Patron get in return? And with a project based beg, there is a set goal and a beginning and an end.

Reactions: 8
Yes. For example, in his last Patreon vlog, MPK continued to talk about how he doesn’t have any money but then he went on and on about all his valuable Spode and quoted the prices (which was cringeworthy and low class). It’s hard to sympathize with someone’s financial woes when they’re showing off their expensive possessions. At least Dan didn’t set up a go fund me for the stove, then suddenly decide to show off some expensive new car he bought (or something like that)!

I’m not a Patreon of MPK, but I wonder if any of his patrons commented about how he claims financial problems but showed off his valuables in that vlog? I would have to think that didn’t sit too well with them. And when Sadie said “don’t worry…just make more videos”…totally misses the point. It’s like she’s saying “just put whatever crap you want out there…they’ll lap it up and you’ll be rolling in cash again.”
His patreon numbers are dropping, people are finally waking up and getting sick of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I was thinking the same.
Dan just wiped it with his T-shirt (or his hand)

Oh I forgot : The Chatelaine doesn't know where is the First Aid kit located in the chateau (only Nattie knows where it is...). As we saw recently in a vlog.

purplecherryful
5 hours agoWhy no one give first aid to Dan finger. You just kept filming.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
While waiting for the paint to dry in my pantry I decided to look up Selmar's patreon account. He's up to $275/month USD. While that's not a fortune, it's more than I ever expected him to reach. His patron thank you gifts for the higher tier include things like coffee mugs and t-shirts. I feel mean saying this, but can you imagine drinking your morning coffee out of a mug with Selmar's face on it?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
He probably has a life outside the chateauverse and some business to do in London he does not want to share with the world?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Michael Morrison I honestly believe that YouTube should create a feature that disallows “thumbs down”’s before a video even starts. They’re not legit. That’s just hateful people trolling.

Sandi Foster @Michael Morrison look at all the thumbs up before the video is played... that really offsets any thumbs down

Kimberly @Michael Morrison I've heard that thumbs up or thumbs down doesn't matter to YT. They don't differentiate. It's all engagement and engagement is what matters.

Percy Attfield @Michael Morrison Indeed you are right about thumbs down before it starts

Michael Morrison @Angela Pa I literally think people spend their life waiting for these to be posted so they can do that. So sad. I think the core problem is just jealousy & envy.

Cynthia Lambert @Michael Morrison agreed. Just miserable people trying to ruin it for everybody.

Percy Attfield @Sandi Foster yes from a count by Youtube it doesn't matter ut @Michael Morrison is right about the attitude

Kimberly @Michael Morrison it's no fun to see our favorite creators get thumbs down, but we all know the choice to click that is more about the clicker than the creators.

Michael Morrison @Kimberly very true

Michael Morrison @Percy Attfield it’s judging a person's hard work & content before it’s had a chance to be displayed. It’s like giving an artist a bad review without bothering to go to the gallery. Just irks me

Michael Morrison The chateau is so full of life & progress these days. It’s amazing to watch the evolution over the last year and a half. You couldn’t ask for a finer group of people either @the Chateau Diaries
Wow! It's like reading a convo between ten-year-olds.
What world do they live in? These superfans are hopeless.

Dear Superfan Tattle Life Lurker,

We live in a world with more than seven billion people, that's more than seven billion opinions.
Don't expect everyone to agree with you, but thank you for the amusement you give us.
Welcome to the real world.

Sincerely,
The Marquis de Potpourri

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Thanks for bringing this up.
I watched that vlog this am. It was quite a jolt to realise that Dan wasn't actually needed or working. He lost a couple of days' pay for real-world work.

But maybe his vlogs net more these days?
38, 459 views for Ep119 = £250?
22,695 views for Ep120 = £130?

Daily rate at HMN = c.£120?

(Note that I pulled the vlog £ out of the air based on what several other vloggers have mentioned).
He generally doesn't work on the weekends though. So he probably didn't lose any days wages?

Reactions: 3
It was a blatant begfest. I’ve also washed my hands of them, their content has become boring and samey too.
...and those hideous outbuildings should be razed...I mean...really...not everything needs to be ‘restored’. but let’s face it...this is just their angle to get more patreon money...they are starting to get desperate. they want to get that monthly $ up...up...up...just like their mentor...

Reactions: 3
looks like there are going to be future opportunities for Dan to make videos for other organizations.. which will lead to a better financial position... no wonder he took this opportunity to get this gear. good for him..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
No he doesn't sound a woman to my ears. He's just got a softly spoken voice. It's not a deep voice, maybe that's why its sounds odd to you. Many English guys speak like this.
...I can barely hear him half the time...much too soft...jmo...although he does get some ‘soft’ amusing digs in...cc helps...😏

Reactions: 6
He generally doesn't work on the weekends though. So he probably didn't lose any days wages?
if he was asked to help with the driving, why wouldnt he get paId... regardless of what day it was? It was additional work that assisted the chateau

Reactions: 4
It's no surprise that Dan will be making vlogs and videos for money successfully and Michael gave up this opportunity through laziness and indolence. Michael's obsessed with sex and hooking up with men he meets online. I'll bet he spends most of his time online cruising.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I’ve thought about that, too. Maybe it’s because we’ve become so accustomed to the over-the-top grifting, projects that start but never finish, and terrible behavior (crying vlogs about poverty after spending months in Spain with rent boys) that when Dan came along, he seems like a “saint” in comparison. He films consistently, works, makes progress, and has a good on-camera presence and personality. I wonder…if we hadn’t been so jaded by the likes of SJ, Teabag, and others, would we be more critical of him? 🤔 Still, I don’t think Dan has done anything so egregious…but I’ll be the first to call it out if he does!
...and...it’s about the amounts they are grifting in comparison to what dan is going for. and they are in it for the long haul...a ‘no end in sight’ amount. a drone is one thing...outbuildings, gites, kitchens, luxury accessories, etc., is another...makes a difference imo...

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.