Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Amaury actually said, "Oh, you're not here, so..."
I think SJ does want Amaury to bring English stuff back to Lalande, but it seems Natti won't be around when he gets back.
Do we know where Natti's going?

BJJ's face though....šŸ„“
View attachment 804444
I thought when All said "oh right, you're not here", that Nutti did not want to be filmed or for viewers to know she was in the kitchen with them at that time. I thought it was weird. I didn't get what was going on.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Kirsty & Annalise for the win.
ā¤ ā¤ ā¤ ā¤ ā¤ ā¤ ā¤

Meet Oliver the tawny owl, rescued from the roadside by Annalise. Despite the odds, heā€™s gone from strength to strength, and his future looks bright. Join me on an early morning mushroom forage with the poodles and Iā€™ll tell you all about Oliver .

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I really really really would love to know what is the REAL mood at Lalande... off camera !

Look at Andie's look when Amaury is huging Maria the Russian. Brrrr. (2.31 mn)

Well for some odd reason, Andie seems to love Phyllis!šŸ˜®šŸ˜. I wish she would take him home when she leaves and make him her OWN little boy. Phyllis has probably whined to Andie about Al becoming a CD favorite and hopefully he finally understands how irritating he is to MANY viewers who want him out of the picture.

• Heart
Did Dan just go on a trip to London for the sole purpose of keeping AM company on the drive? As amusing as the van video was, that seems like a waste of time.
we were posting at the same time!! Yeah, that's how it appears. But 2 days in London and we get a few minutes of footage? Huge waste of time.
Thanks for bringing this up.
I watched that vlog this am. It was quite a jolt to realise that Dan wasn't actually needed or working. He lost a couple of days' pay for real-world work.

But maybe his vlogs net more these days?
38, 459 views for Ep119 = Ā£250?
22,695 views for Ep120 = Ā£130?

Daily rate at HMN = c.Ā£120?

(Note that I pulled the vlog Ā£ out of the air based on what several other vloggers have mentioned).

Reactions: 7
Iā€™ve thought about that, too. Maybe itā€™s because weā€™ve become so accustomed to the over-the-top grifting, projects that start but never finish, and terrible behavior (crying vlogs about poverty after spending months in Spain with rent boys) that when Dan came along, he seems like a ā€œsaintā€ in comparison. He films consistently, works, makes progress, and has a good on-camera presence and personality. I wonderā€¦if we hadnā€™t been so jaded by the likes of SJ, Teabag, and others, would we be more critical of him? šŸ¤” Still, I donā€™t think Dan has done anything so egregiousā€¦but Iā€™ll be the first to call it out if he does!
So do the Fleuries. They have not done anything outrageous that I would call them out. Being on Patreon, as has been been discussed quite often, does not necessarily mean they are grifters as we've seen with the top-tier-grifters. I'm sure we were all fans of SJ, MPK...the likes till we realised we were being taken for a ride. Till I see the Fleuries do this, I don't think it's fair to cast them off. I do however, get bothered by them mentioning it all the time but I'm still willing to give them a chance and see how they'll behave if they (If ever) start raking it in.

Reactions: 14
What do you think is the secret project Amorty is supposed to do for 2 weeks? My guess is the arriĆØre cuisine or the new floor in Mummys bedroom.
Yep. It's sure to be something completely unnecessary.
Meanwhile the radiators will be sitting in a barn until the week before Christmas when Madame Mental decides that she's cold....

Reactions: 8
What was the Chatelaine trying to read on the label in the old wardrobe?? Certainly not what was written ! OMG She really thinks she can tell what she wants to her viewers...

I can not believe she's not able to read what is handwritten on the "plan" they found about the heating system. Maybe the drawning is (very) approximative but the written indications are very clear... And she was only able to understand the word Chapel !!!
I hope Amaury had a look at it.

As for the other plans, we can see more radiators planned but marked with a cross.

Her air of superiority and expertise when she explains to her cousin who haven't yet seen the plans and to Dan who can't read french that the heating engineers made mistakes makes my blood boiling !!

Unbelievable. I see what @Clara Burnett was saying about this woman in her earlier post.

As for the rest of the video... I think we have lost (once again !) our Chatelaine !

Completely hysterical ! I mean... more than usual. I wonder why ? What happened to her ?

BUT I love the way the cousin Amaury laughed at her when singing the intro. Genius !

PS : 69 dislikes (after 16 hours). Not as bad as the Christie's vlogs but not usual for CD channel.
I found that Dan and Amaury didn't look impressed with her explanation.
I wonder if they looked at the plans together... Saw what it was, then reset the scene where she provided that explanation. Once again... We only see what the edit lets us see. So this might not be the initial look at the plans. And the gents looked bored with the explanation as if it was rehearsed

Reactions: 13
Nice one!ā¤
But I suppose in Shattoo circles they call us a Tribulation of Tattlers!:LOL:
Or possibly a tribune of tattlers

Thanks for bringing this up.
I watched that vlog this am. It was quite a jolt to realise that Dan wasn't actually needed or working. He lost a couple of days' pay for real-world work.

But maybe his vlogs net more these days?
38, 459 views for Ep119 = Ā£250?
22,695 views for Ep120 = Ā£130?

Daily rate at HMN = c.Ā£120?

(Note that I pulled the vlog Ā£ out of the air based on what several other vloggers have mentioned).
I thought maybe he was meeting up with someone, hmmm letā€™s see whoā€™s left the chateaux recently for the uk ???

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My brother is softly spoken, my mum was too. I'm loud like my father lol! You just are or you aren't I guess, no particular reason.
This is just an observation, everyone feel to disagree. As a north american, I notice we have more boisterous voices in regular speech vs. Most Europeans and Brits. I had heard the accounting for that to be down to space.
Here we live with a general expanse of space. American style kind of leans to houses with bigger footprints. Lots of landscape and wilderness. Whereas in Europe cities have more density. Like Ina restaurant in Europe, tables are close together so the polite thing is to have a gentler voice and not have a full boisterous voice. In the US and Canada the restaurant tables are far and often have barriers for privacy. Going from the NA models to Europe .. I think it can lead to the loud American (Canadian) trope at restaurants. It's just a matter of not adjusting to the difference.
But I wonder if a similar effect plays out in normal speaking voices. The expectation is set by the environment we grow up in? I love a soft soothing voice....

Iā€™ve thought about that, too. Maybe itā€™s because weā€™ve become so accustomed to the over-the-top grifting, projects that start but never finish, and terrible behavior (crying vlogs about poverty after spending months in Spain with rent boys) that when Dan came along, he seems like a ā€œsaintā€ in comparison. He films consistently, works, makes progress, and has a good on-camera presence and personality. I wonderā€¦if we hadnā€™t been so jaded by the likes of SJ, Teabag, and others, would we be more critical of him? šŸ¤” Still, I donā€™t think Dan has done anything so egregiousā€¦but Iā€™ll be the first to call it out if he does!
The account for the stove was early on before he had any success. He was probably on the lower income end of the spectrum. I wonder if that makes it more socially acceptable to us? Once he started making some money on his channel, he doesn't seem to have done it again? Where as the others are rather wealthy to start, have expensive tastes and spend their incomes frivolously.

I don't think comparing to Dan to the others is completely comparing apples to apples for that reason. For some reason his go fund me doesn't bug me. Probably because it was for what I consider a necessity for ppl. Not quite sure why it doesn't bother my subconscious

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This is just an observation, everyone feel to disagree. As a north american, I notice we have more boisterous voices in regular speech vs. Most Europeans and Brits. I had heard the accounting for that to be down to space.
Here we live with a general expanse of space. American style kind of leans to houses with bigger footprints. Lots of landscape and wilderness. Whereas in Europe cities have more density. Like Ina restaurant in Europe, tables are close together so the polite thing is to have a gentler voice and not have a full boisterous voice. In the US and Canada the restaurant tables are far and often have barriers for privacy. Going from the NA models to Europe .. I think it can lead to the loud American (Canadian) trope at restaurants. It's just a matter of not adjusting to the difference.
But I wonder if a similar effect plays out in normal speaking voices. The expectation is set by the environment we grow up in? I love a soft soothing voice....
Oops, I wanted to post a smiley... nice theory, but it doesn't really work, try going to Italy! And: the "neutral" British accent is often called "RP", Received Pronunciation.

Reactions: 3
Or possibly a tribune of tattlers

I thought maybe he was meeting up with someone, hmmm letā€™s see whoā€™s left the chateaux recently for the uk ???
you are assuming quite a bit.. that he is meeting someone, and that how do we know that other work (radiators and woodworking equipment) were not being picked up. As he was helping Amaury with work for the Chateau, why wouldnt Dan be getting paid??

• Haha
Reactions: 9
you are assuming quite a bit.. that he is meeting someone, and that how do we know that other work (radiators and woodworking equipment) were not being picked up. As he was helping Amaury with work for the Chateau, why wouldnt Dan be getting paid??
And if he was doing something underhand heā€™d hardly put a vlog out saying he was in London alone would he?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
With the trip to the UK we shouldnā€˜t forget that with Brexit certain custom limits are per person so that could be a reason that they needed another person like Dan?

• Heart
I thought when All said "oh right, you're not here", that Nutti did not want to be filmed or for viewers to know she was in the kitchen with them at that time. I thought it was weird. I didn't get what was going on.
It was obvious that Nattie didn't want to be filmed on the vlog. I got the same impression : weird.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
The account for the stove was early on before he had any success. He was probably on the lower income end of the spectrum. I wonder if that makes it more socially acceptable to us? Once he started making some money on his channel, he doesn't seem to have done it again? Where as the others are rather wealthy to start, have expensive tastes and spend their incomes frivolously.

I don't think comparing to Dan to the others is completely comparing apples to apples for that reason. For some reason his go fund me doesn't bug me. Probably because it was for what I consider a necessity for ppl. Not quite sure why it doesn't bother my subconscious
Yes. For example, in his last Patreon vlog, MPK continued to talk about how he doesnā€™t have any money but then he went on and on about all his valuable Spode and quoted the prices (which was cringeworthy and low class). Itā€™s hard to sympathize with someoneā€™s financial woes when theyā€™re showing off their expensive possessions. At least Dan didnā€™t set up a go fund me for the stove, then suddenly decide to show off some expensive new car he bought (or something like that)!

Iā€™m not a Patreon of MPK, but I wonder if any of his patrons commented about how he claims financial problems but showed off his valuables in that vlog? I would have to think that didnā€™t sit too well with them. And when Sadie said ā€œdonā€™t worryā€¦just make more videosā€ā€¦totally misses the point. Itā€™s like sheā€™s saying ā€œjust put whatever crap you want out thereā€¦theyā€™ll lap it up and youā€™ll be rolling in cash again.ā€

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
also lets not forget dan did not ask for any fund to replace his drone...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.