Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Percy is really one of the Lalanders now. Completely brainwashed !
He has always been one, from the start. No brainwash needed. One of the most self entitled people I ever came across, which is probably why there was an instant spark when IJ met him.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Do councillors in the UK really only make 8k a year? They must keep a separate full time job?

Where I am they are pulled a full time salary. Each councillor makes $100k CAD A year. But they have to attend daily meetings in cabinet... I don't think they would be able to leave the area for any long period of time.
One of my sons is a local authority councillor. Like most, he gets paid a sessional/attendance allowance and any out of pocket expenses. He has a full time career.
For a number of reasons, not least constituents' accessibility, there is no way anyone could do this public service responsibly, diligently, effectively and efficiently whilst living abroad for any length of time.

Reactions: 17
I read the article...what is "flytipping"?
It’s the same as the (terrible) American prank of “cow tipping” except with flies! 😆

Fly-tipping is defined as "the illegal deposit of any waste on to land that does not have a licence to accept it", according to Keep Britain Tidy.

1633955665663.gif

1633955821586.gif

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
From yesterday's CD live chat... (n)

Michael Morrison I honestly believe that YouTube should create a feature that disallows “thumbs down”’s before a video even starts. They’re not legit. That’s just hateful people trolling.

Sandi Foster @Michael Morrison look at all the thumbs up before the video is played... that really offsets any thumbs down

Kimberly @Michael Morrison I've heard that thumbs up or thumbs down doesn't matter to YT. They don't differentiate. It's all engagement and engagement is what matters.

Percy Attfield @Michael Morrison Indeed you are right about thumbs down before it starts

Michael Morrison @Angela Pa I literally think people spend their life waiting for these to be posted so they can do that. So sad. I think the core problem is just jealousy & envy.

Cynthia Lambert @Michael Morrison agreed. Just miserable people trying to ruin it for everybody.

Percy Attfield @Sandi Foster yes from a count by Youtube it doesn't matter ut @Michael Morrison is right about the attitude

Kimberly @Michael Morrison it's no fun to see our favorite creators get thumbs down, but we all know the choice to click that is more about the clicker than the creators.

Michael Morrison @Kimberly very true

Michael Morrison @Percy Attfield it’s judging a persons hard work & content before it’s had a chance to be displayed. It’s like giving an artist a bad review without bothering to go to the gallery. Just irks me

Michael Morrison The chateau is so full of life & progress these days. It’s amazing to watch the evolution over the last year and a half. You couldn’t ask for a finer group of people either @the Chateau Diaries
so basically-FANS are OKAY with thumbs up before video plays but not OKAY with thumbs down before the video plays -yep sounds about right

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
What was the Chatelaine trying to read on the label in the old wardrobe?? Certainly not what was written ! OMG She really thinks she can tell what she wants to her viewers...

I can not believe she's not able to read what is handwritten on the "plan" they found about the heating system. Maybe the drawning is (very) approximative but the written indications are very clear... And she was only able to understand the word Chapel !!!
I hope Amaury had a look at it.

As for the other plans, we can see more radiators planned but marked with a cross.

Her air of superiority and expertise when she explains to her cousin who haven't yet seen the plans and to Dan who can't read french that the heating engineers made mistakes makes my blood boiling !!

Unbelievable. I see what @Clara Burnett was saying about this woman in her earlier post.

As for the rest of the video... I think we have lost (once again !) our Chatelaine !

Completely hysterical ! I mean... more than usual. I wonder why ? What happened to her ?

BUT I love the way the cousin Amaury laughed at her when singing the intro. Genius !

PS : 69 dislikes (after 16 hours). Not as bad as the Christie's vlogs but not usual for CD channel.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

I noticed Phillip and Steph the only ones wearing bathrobes in that morning scene. They should just throw on jeans and a sweater and some slipper boots like uggs in the morning, at least they can pretend that don’t stay in bed until the afternoon.
they should but they most definitely won’t - their ”attire” is meant to portray their status in the chateau

• Wow
Reactions: 13
jj he is very soft spoken, unusual (for me), not that I mind I just wonder why
My brother is softly spoken, my mum was too. I'm loud like my father lol! You just are or you aren't I guess, no particular reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
t

thanks for explaining, I wasn't aware of "neutral" one, I know that it is not posh nor pretentious posh, I think he speaks more like a woman than a man, am I wrong? not in a gay way but more like an old lady
That's an interesting take. I don't hear that. He just sounds like a middle class guy to me.

Reactions: 6
This is why I don't understand why Dan gets a slap on the wrist. If the Fleuries have a plan, whether it's via Patreon or whatever savings they have, why not give them a chance to see how they'll do? In the earlier posts it's been shown how Dan asked for money from fans and reached his goals. Since he deleted the requests, it's okay? The Fleuries have not shown any greed, they even shared how their Patreon funds are going, they work just as hard with a family but yet Dan is always the untouchable...so to say...
I’ve thought about that, too. Maybe it’s because we’ve become so accustomed to the over-the-top grifting, projects that start but never finish, and terrible behavior (crying vlogs about poverty after spending months in Spain with rent boys) that when Dan came along, he seems like a “saint” in comparison. He films consistently, works, makes progress, and has a good on-camera presence and personality. I wonder…if we hadn’t been so jaded by the likes of SJ, Teabag, and others, would we be more critical of him? 🤔 Still, I don’t think Dan has done anything so egregious…but I’ll be the first to call it out if he does!

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Big debates on CD and Dan's comments section about the reason for a trip in UK and a 2 days stay in London for Dan.

Some even mention some work to do at Steph's flat in London. Who knows...

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Mooching around on youtube at 1970s classic pop songs, and realised Tatty reminds a bit of Noosha Fox. Maybe T should embrace that 1970s does 1930s look , as I think it would suit her

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Some even mention some work to do at Steph's flat in London. Who knows.
I may be wrong but I think he said he was in London for a couple of days so he must have stayed somewhere, I wonder if she asked him to switch the heating on in her flat and stock up the kitchen ready for her and BJJ's arrival? I wouldn't put it past her! It would seem odd to go to London just to film a quick walk around. If he just had a couple of days to fill up, surely he would have gone to see friends or his mum, whom, I guess lives in HampSHIRE!

Reactions: 11
Do councillors in the UK really only make 8k a year? They must keep a separate full time job?

Where I am they are pulled a full time salary. Each councillor makes $100k CAD A year. But they have to attend daily meetings in cabinet... I don't think they would be able to leave the area for any long period of time.
It depends on the city/town you live in. Its certainly not usually a full time salary, nowhere near. I have a friend who is a councillor. It depends on the local authority you work for. Some pay more than others. You would usually need another job too. You can go on holiday but as you are expected to provide weekly surgeries for people living in your area ( apart from your holidays). I cannot see how anyone can do this while living abroad. You need to be in the area to deal with potential problems. You have to attend council meetings and you are usually asked to attend local events in your ward.
During the pandemic there were Covid restrictions in place and many meetings were done online, most events cancelled. The restrictions were lifted completely a while back, and everything is back to normal so the councillor in France should be back at his post or he's not doing his job properly.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.