Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@HalcyonOrganic, how was the rest of your week with your new job?
It is very exhausting. There is actually not really a single minute you could just stand there or take a short look through the shelves of the department. They have a lot of unnecessary work routines to do the daily tasks.

i don’t know what’s the English word for those muscles in your lower back, left and right from the spine. They kill me. In the afternoon, my body seems to start blocking every musclemovemt and I can’t move properly when I am home.

My co‘workers are extremely friendly and helpful though. But I don’t know if I can keep up with the speed.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
🍸 :unsure: So many new people here...I turn my back, and the place is full of strangers! Hello newbies, I am a VIP, and I bid you welcome!

Mojo, you're not far off with your guess as to where I've been...you keep an eye on your agents! 🌹 (y)
Hey kid!!!! We missed you!! I know! Crazy huh?😉😄

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Someone has been to Disney!!! :) Looks like she went on a girlfriends trip there in 2017. Poor Dan, just keeps missing out!

anna in dis.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Speaking of ancestry stuff, I've heard that those DNA tests aren't terribly reliable. You can test at three different places and get as many wildly different "results" back. You would think the three tests would come back with at least similar results, if they were accurate.
Yes, this seems to be quite common. It's why I'm not getting my stuff looked at yet!
This is how it works, in basic terms as I understand it:
The testing companies compare your DNA with their records of previous tests from other people. If some of your ancestors come from a place that's not yet in their records then their algorithms search for the next best match. Hence many of the errors.
So the test results can vary a lot over time and hopefully they'll be more accurate as the companies collect more and more DNA.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Huz and I are splurging on a fancy dinner out, because we don't have to pay for a new $12,000 heating/AC system. (The second estimate said we are good for a few more years). I don't know about you, but I'd much rather spend money on a nice dinner and wine than a furnace. OMG, I am SJ! DAMNIT!
Hooray! That is great news! Oh no- you are not SJ- your husband and you actually WORK for your money! You deserve it! We got a few quotes yesterday from different companies, and they were surprising low ($6-7K for a 16 SERE that has a ceiling mount air handler.) Ironically, no one seemed to have any technicians available (just salespeople) until I remembered, "Oh wait- I'm a member of the Chamber of Commerce- let me play that card- I'm T Rex, after all!" We were able to get someone out around 7PM last night even though they were fully booked (they did not charge us the after-hours rate, either), and I explained to the technician what I had already done to troubleshoot it. (There was a look of sheer horror on his face initially, but after discussing how I ohmed out the capacitor I replaced, "It showed an open, so obviously, it was bad"- I got a little street cred.) The problem ended up being another hidden capacitor (which fried the original one, so I had it half right- luckily, the new one was still okay) and he replaced the other bad one, while explaining the signal flow. He also checked the entire system out (pressures/temperatures/remarked on our clean coils), and stated, "While this system was built in 2003, installed in 2004, it's one of the better systems that was built to last- this will definitely last a few more years. I'm shocked how well it looks despite being in a saltwater environment- new systems are NOT built like this." Service call/part= $300. Technician apologized in advance, "Our customers are unhappy that our prices went up- but it is industry-wide." Me, "You just saved me $7K today, and I'm not trying to cool a 2400 square foot house with a window unit, so I'm happy to pay it." This poor guy worked a 12+ hour shift (there is a shortage of HVAC professionals), so I gave him a a cash tip and some tickets to an event he wanted to go to next weekend, along with a VIP parking pass. (I get these things for free- it'll save the guy $100.)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Hey Fish woman, I can't smell the stench, wherefore art though!?:giggle:🦈
oh Beatnik boy have you been AWOL? and as discussed I scent like vanilla and it drives normal men mad so…eventually you‘ll figure it out

now, please clean up the barback as there are no freebies-tonight you’ll need to pay to play ya wannabe-a-VIP hooligan

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
When I was a lot younger, I thought I "needed" certain criteria for a boyfriend. When I hit 30, things changed. I observed my friends and peers making silly, ridiculous relationship mistakes and I realized that I had my act together WAY better. I always thought (up to that point) that I needed someone shorter than me. It seems silly, now. My husband of thirty years is taller than me, but if I had met him a year prior, I probably would have dismissed him as being "too tall." BTW, I think Amaury is hot as a short guy. Being short is not a game ender (for me, anyway)!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I've never been with a man whose sense of humor even came close to mine...LOL...but, IF I was to ever think of having another man in my life...that guy had better be able to make me laugh!!!!...(Never gonna happen since I'm a nun now...you know...don't want none, ain't lookin' for none, yadda yadda yadda...)
OMG! You ARE my spirit animal! Mr. T Rex often looks at me as if I have two heads- "WHAT?!" "Oh man! I'm so funny! Sometimes I slay myself!" "I'm glad you find yourself entertaining, and seriously don't understand your sense of humour. You lean on the side of inappropriate." But, I do have to give him credit for tolerating my antics for 20+ years. (He did admit, "Your crappy little rap song joke that you made up about "No Paper on the Roll" 3 years ago would have done quite well during the pandemic." "Bae, you said my song was shite... Oh snap!") You are too amazing to be single- you're going to find some guy who laughs at your most awesome jokes when you least expect it!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
<<<<< Amaury has his ways of achieving additional inches... ❤ :ROFLMAO:

When I was a lot younger, I thought I "needed" certain criteria for a boyfriend. When I hit 30, things changed. I observed my friends and peers making silly, ridiculous relationship mistakes and I realized that I had my act together WAY better. I always thought (up to that point) that I needed someone shorter than me. It seems silly, now. My husband of thirty years is taller than me, but if I had met him a year prior, I probably would have dismissed him as being "too tall." BTW, I think Amaury is hot as a short guy. Being short is not a game ender (for me, anyway)!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Dear tattlers danfend all you want. It's tattle afterall ;) everybody has their own opinions.It's always a good laugh;)
Oh, I know…Danfending! 🙄 Not sure how anyone can defend a guy that cried poverty and begged for money after buggering off to Spain, spending money on rent boys. Then sneaking back to Spain to party again! Oh…wait! Sorry! That was Michael!!!! 😆 Call me when Dan does something as stupid as that…then we’ll talk! 😊

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Hooray! That is great news! Oh no- you are not SJ- your husband and you actually WORK for your money! You deserve it! We got a few quotes yesterday from different companies, and they were surprising low ($6-7K for a 16 SERE that has a ceiling mount air handler.) Ironically, no one seemed to have any technicians available (just salespeople) until I remembered, "Oh wait- I'm a member of the Chamber of Commerce- let me play that card- I'm T Rex, after all!" We were able to get someone out around 7PM last night even though they were fully booked (they did not charge us the after-hours rate, either), and I explained to the technician what I had already done to troubleshoot it. (There was a look of sheer horror on his face initially, but after discussing how I ohmed out the capacitor I replaced, "It showed an open, so obviously, it was bad"- I got a little street cred.) The problem ended up being another hidden capacitor (which fried the original one, so I had it half right- luckily, the new one was still okay) and he replaced the other bad one, while explaining the signal flow. He also checked the entire system out (pressures/temperatures/remarked on our clean coils), and stated, "While this system was built in 2003, installed in 2004, it's one of the better systems that was built to last- this will definitely last a few more years. I'm shocked how well it looks despite being in a saltwater environment- new systems are NOT built like this." Service call/part= $300. Technician apologized in advance, "Our customers are unhappy that our prices went up- but it is industry-wide." Me, "You just saved me $7K today, and I'm not trying to cool a 2400 square foot house with a window unit, so I'm happy to pay it." This poor guy worked a 12+ hour shift (there is a shortage of HVAC professionals), so I gave him a a cash tip and some tickets to an event he wanted to go to next weekend, along with a VIP parking pass. (I get these things for free- it'll save the guy $100.)
I offered to fix our technician a celebratory cocktail. He laughed and even seemed up for it, but his professionalism kicked in and he demured. It didn't even occur to me to offer a cash tip. (Although I think I might have 50 cents cash in the house, and that might be a tad insulting). I do wish I had done more. He made our day.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
OMG! You ARE my spirit animal! Mr. T Rex often looks at me as if I have two heads- "WHAT?!" "Oh man! I'm so funny! Sometimes I slay myself!" "I'm glad you find yourself entertaining, and seriously don't understand your sense of humour. You lean on the side of inappropriate." But, I do have to give him credit for tolerating my antics for 20+ years. (He did admit, "Your crappy little rap song joke that you made up about "No Paper on the Roll" 3 years ago would have done quite well during the pandemic." "Bae, you said my song was shite... Oh snap!") You are too amazing to be single- you're going to find some guy who laughs at your most awesome jokes when you least expect it!
Well, anymore the thought of sex makes me nauseous so even though I find Amaury extremely hot, all I want to do is look at him and listen to him read smutty literature to me....if, by some odd chance, there WAS a guy who made me laugh, I'd strap on my chastity belt and hang out with him...🤗

Oh, I know…Danfending! 🙄 Not sure how anyone can defend a guy that cried poverty and begged for money after buggering off to Spain, spending money on rent boys. Then sneaking back to Spain to party again! Oh…wait! Sorry! That was Michael!!!! 😆 Call me when Dan does something as stupid as that…then we’ll talk! 😊
LOVE IT!!!!

<<<<< Amaury has his ways of achieving additional inches... ❤ :ROFLMAO:
OMG!...who needs a man to make me laugh as long as I have my fellow Tattlers!!!!! :LOL: :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Circling back the the genealogy thing (SamiLee), I did have a few odd things occur, and here was the oddest. A lady in my office, we shall call her Mary, is about 20 years my senior. We're not often in the office together, but when we are, have always gotten along quite well. (Mary dislikes most people, and my manager knows this. Mary has never made her disdain for our manager a secret, but he can't fire her.) One day, Mary and I ended up discussing where our families originated from- wow- my paternal side came from her same tiny home town about 2K miles away. It turns out, we had the same aunt and uncle (who are now passed- she from our uncles side, and I from our aunt's) and share the same cousins, which is totally odd and random. Mary, initially, "Oh no, honey- that's impossible- there's a huge age gap between us- I could be your mother! Just an odd coincidence!" "Um, my dad was an Oops baby when my Grandma was older, and was much older than my mom when I was born- um, not- are your cousins not Bob and Emily? They are mine as well- let's call them to confirm!" Bob, "WHAT?!? You and Mary work together?!? This is AMAZING!" While we are technically not blood relatives, what on earth are the chances of that!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Circling back the the genealogy thing (SamiLee), I did have a few odd things occur, and here was the oddest. A lady in my office, we shall call her Mary, is about 20 years my senior. We're not often in the office together, but when we are, have always gotten along quite well. (Mary dislikes most people, and my manager knows this. Mary has never made her disdain for our manager a secret, but he can't fire her.) One day, Mary and I ended up discussing where our families originated from- wow- my paternal side came from her same tiny home town about 2K miles away. It turns out, we had the same aunt and uncle (who are now passed- she from our uncles side, and I from our aunt's) and share the same cousins, which is totally odd and random. Mary, initially, "Oh no, honey- that's impossible- there's a huge age gap between us- I could be your mother! Just an odd coincidence!" "Um, my dad was an Oops baby when my Grandma was older, and was much older than my mom when I was born- um, not- are your cousins not Bob and Emily? They are mine as well- let's call them to confirm!" Bob, "WHAT?!? You and Mary work together?!? This is AMAZING!" While we are technically not blood relatives, what on earth are the chances of that!
I LOVE stories like this!! So cool!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.