Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never iron anything, ever. My aunt told me when I was a child " never waste your time doing unnecessary tasks" . She told me never to buy cotton or linen that needs ironing, how to dry things flat. I have always remembered her wise words. Everything goes through the tumble dryer to finish off, which takes out creases or is dried flat. Hanging things in the shower room removes wrinkles as does putting it under your mattress. I don't own an iron. Life is too short.
Same here. I never iron. I dry everything in the dryer and pull it out and lay it flat when it is still hot/warm. My husband buys shirts that are some kind of wrinkle free thing. If he wants something ironed, he does it himself ... which is rare!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Waddup, Yentas!

How much longer do you think will it take before MPK releases a new vlog this time? Six weeks? Two days? Christmas? :LOL:

Who else is glad Sadie doesn't make videos anymore?✌

Who's loving the three Jarvis vignettes on Christie's website? 🥂

I was looking for these, they took their time putting them on the web..the vignettes look better there than how SJ has been presenting them, but that table is still overcrowded

Reactions: 10
Circling back the the genealogy thing (SamiLee), I did have a few odd things occur, and here was the oddest. A lady in my office, we shall call her Mary, is about 20 years my senior. We're not often in the office together, but when we are, have always gotten along quite well. (Mary dislikes most people, and my manager knows this. Mary has never made her disdain for our manager a secret, but he can't fire her.) One day, Mary and I ended up discussing where our families originated from- wow- my paternal side came from her same tiny home town about 2K miles away. It turns out, we had the same aunt and uncle (who are now passed- she from our uncles side, and I from our aunt's) and share the same cousins, which is totally odd and random. Mary, initially, "Oh no, honey- that's impossible- there's a huge age gap between us- I could be your mother! Just an odd coincidence!" "Um, my dad was an Oops baby when my Grandma was older, and was much older than my mom when I was born- um, not- are your cousins not Bob and Emily? They are mine as well- let's call them to confirm!" Bob, "WHAT?!? You and Mary work together?!? This is AMAZING!" While we are technically not blood relatives, what on earth are the chances of that!
I was brought up by my aunt.
She had just bought a knitting machine at the time I was due to start school and she made me a lovely woolly jumper ( sweater)to go to school in. I went off to school all excited on my first day, feeling like a big girl, so proud in my new school clothes. I saw another child with the same jumper and asked her where she got it. She told me her aunt had knitted it for her. I asked her what her aunt was called. She replied with my aunt's name. I was convinced she was lying and trying to take over my life. I punched her on the nose and made her cry. Great start to my school career. The teacher calmed us both down and told me this was a cousin of mine. I had so many I'd never met half of them. My aunt had made all her nieces and nephews new jumpers 😁. My cousin forgave me and we became best friends.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
How much longer do you think will it take before MPK releases a new vlog this time? Six weeks? Two days? Christmas? :LOL:
Ah! Well it’s difficult to say….you see, time is measured differently in the Michael Petherick universe! It’s not really measured in days or weeks. It’s…how much drug supply is left? Am I lusting after a piece of Spode? Do I need new Louis Vuitton sneakers now? Do I have an “itch” that can only be “scratched” in Spain? (by a professional “itch scratcher”). If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then it’s time to make a video! 😆 Hope that helps! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Who's loving the three Jarvis vignettes on Christie's website? 🥂
Interesting to see SJ’s haggish creations on the Christies website in the way they were obviously meant to from their point of view: without the charlataine in it. I’m still no fan of how it all looks, but it paaaarfectly explains SJ’s ongoing problem with making everything about herself. As soon as she’s not shown, things clear up and tend to become more pleasant to look at. She should learn to take a hint from that experience!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Am I the only one who is 'triggered' (;)) by film or tv driving scenes where, almost always, the driver engages in long conversations with the passenger, whilst earnestly emoting? Many seconds of NOT looking at the road ahead or mirrors etc. The Damaury video was so natural as Armoire kept his eyes fixed on the road whilst chatting, as did passenger Dan. As we ALL do, except in movie land (or FRK world😜).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Same here. I never iron. I dry everything in the dryer and pull it out and lay it flat when it is still hot/warm. My husband buys shirts that are some kind of wrinkle free thing. If he wants something ironed, he does it himself ... which is rare!
I guess I’m a little spoiled…I have a laundry service that picks up/drops off once a week (every Tuesday), but I only send anything that needs to be dry cleaned or ironed. The service is owned by a man who emigrated from Japan years ago. He’s the nicest person you could ever meet, and I swear I think it’s the most efficiently run service I’ve seen! I like to support him with my business.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
we are not nitpicking on Dan as he is working harder than the rest of the lala verse characters. Everyone has their flaws, so do Dan and Amaury, but they work their asses of and are down to earth. They don’t pretend to be like princes living in a castle.

That’s why we don’t nitpick on things they could have done better.

I remember a newbie here who in his very first post, spread rumors of Dan of cheating on Annaliese. Now THAT was an asshole of tattler..
Though I can't forgive them that they can't put some sense into Steph. Surely they could have talked her out of buying radiators from UK?
So far we haven't seen Amaury work much actually:
he carried the panels in with help from others-2 hours work maybe?
He worked on those shutters for months now sofar not finished but a trip across Europe necessary (didn't they talk it through on phone what his jobs would be and what tools he would need? )
He assisted Dan with the poles and hey, guess what: project stopped and is not finished because of what?
He cleaned out the barn again with help from others - again an afternoon of work only. It took even Phil over year to get his own space 😜

He run a couple of times around the house to check the radiators. Sorry, but right thing to do would have been to stop the heating system and call an emergency heating engineer (and there are some!) and when they are reluctant to come stop by several times to show the urgency when going to the village fetching bread. Not to cut all the radiators off, they actually made it worse. Would you have done this in your house?

Sofar he has only hooked up with Nati and I am just waiting for the chateaubaby... There will be tears sooner or later....

Sorry, but Amorty has not amortised sofar imho😜😜😜

And what about Dan bringing her new chicks though he sees how she is with animals? And he was seeing doing things the way he wants so it's not like he has lots of respect towards her and doesn't dare to challenge her.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Interesting to see SJ’s haggish creations on the Christies website in the way they were obviously meant to from their point of view: without the charlataine in it. I’m still no fan of how it all looks, but it paaaarfectly explains SJ’s ongoing problem with making everything about herself. As soon as she’s not shown, things clear up and tend to become more pleasant to look at. She should learn to take a hint from that experience!
My favorite is the one SJ did not create. 😜
2A96E2CA-4348-4558-84C6-5B85A675FD82.jpeg

It’s not my style, but definitely the most coherent in my opinion, and the only one that doesn’t give out a “Lalande” vibe.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
France really needs to batten down the hatches or something. These people could be their neighbors! Youtube must be beta testing me for chateau content, but this is like a parody video of chateau hunters sending their 8 year old to film the house so they don't get yelled at for filming. Oh and Mom can't hear out of one of her ears because there are snakes in France. :ROFLMAO: It's just awful.

France needs to take back control over their borders!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh, I know…Danfending! 🙄 Not sure how anyone can defend a guy that cried poverty and begged for money after buggering off to Spain, spending money on rent boys. Then sneaking back to Spain to party again! Oh…wait! Sorry! That was Michael!!!! 😆 Call me when Dan does something as stupid as that…then we’ll talk! 😊
"we need a new oven or my kids will freeze"
" I need a drone"
"I need another drone because I was careless with the old one "

• Heart
Reactions: 3
When I was a lot younger, I thought I "needed" certain criteria for a boyfriend. When I hit 30, things changed. I observed my friends and peers making silly, ridiculous relationship mistakes and I realized that I had my act together WAY better. I always thought (up to that point) that I needed someone shorter than me. It seems silly, now. My husband of thirty years is taller than me, but if I had met him a year prior, I probably would have dismissed him as being "too tall." BTW, I think Amaury is hot as a short guy. Being short is not a game ender (for me, anyway)!
Men can be pocket Venus's too 😍😁

Reactions: 1
"we need a new oven or my kids will freeze"
" I need a drone"
"I need another drone because I was careless with the old one "
The stove was before I started watching, but did he beg for money for the drones? I thought getting better equipment was why he upped his game with the daily vlogs. Not at all comparable to Pathetik.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think you are scraping the bottom of the barrel to find an argument here.
Marie wasn't "called out" about her teeth, she herself spun a sob story around her "teet". The comments here reflected her mis-pronunciation of teeth, Bath, etc.
Why shouldn't a passenger be engaged in conversation? It was just that, a conversation between two travelling companions. Dan wasn't waving his arms around, letting off fireworks or behaving in a distracting fashion and he wasn't driving!
Amoury appears to be a steady driver, who talks about having driven in France many times. Marie on the other hand, has a catalogue of minor bumps, is easily distracted and we often see her being seemingly unaware of her surroundings when driving. She is constantly looking into her camera while driving.
For you to dislike Dan is one thing - everyone has an opinion but there really is no comparison to be drawn.
Lets put it this way dear Jeeves....... if one had to go on a "road trip" for days with either FRK or Amoury...... guess which person Jeeves and I would pick ?? Yep , Amoury ! 😍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Sorry, can't stomach Marie and her ugly arrangements and whining, Ryan and his facial contortions and begging, Selmar and his whispering and "tangoing" (I guess you'd call it). Ugh. I can barely stomach SJs hijinks. I sort of love Metherick's vlogs for the sheer " I can't look away from a train wreck" aspect. Does that make me a bad person? (No need to answer).
I find that interesting. From his very first vlog, Metherick put me to sleep. I find him so boring. He just drones on and on. He needs to edit his content more to be more snappy. And be less pompous...

I never iron anything, ever. My aunt told me when I was a child " never waste your time doing unnecessary tasks" . She told me never to buy cotton or linen that needs a lot of ironing. I have always remembered her wise words. Everything goes through the tumble dryer to finish off, which takes out creases or is dried flat. Hanging things in the shower room removes wrinkles as does putting it under your mattress. I don't own an iron. Life is too short.
This is the first I've ever heard of putting clothes under your mattress. I'm not sure I could manage lifting mine high enough to stuff clothes underneath without making it worse. Lol

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.