Chateau Diaries #71 Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it is becoming quite sad imo. I really felt for the cousin, sorry I don’t know how to spell his name...but he was so frustrated with the whole water coming out of those pipes. he hated her filming him and that mess. then, all that woman could do was laugh, poke fun and hold court with the chair guy while he was running back and forth, clearly in distress. later, when she badgered him in the workshop, the man could barely look at her...he was seething. she doesn’t care, as long as she gets work done for a pittance that’s all that matters. that job needs a professional, I wonder if inside the walls it is pouring with yellow water. she’s so irresponsible with that place and it’s upkeep. something Is really ‘off’ with her...she’s becoming even more of a total nut job...
So, the question is, does Amaury win this first battle, ie., persuade her to get the system working and fully re-installed by professionals?
Or is this the beginning of what Clara always paints as the inevitable turning to :poop: of the good intentions and incredibly hard work of every volunteer at Lalande?
For the sharp eyed, the failure to work of the geothermal system and the :poop: plumbing -- with :poop: electrics, all installed at the beginning with SJ's inheritance for about $300K, as I recall -- was the huge flappin' red flag of malfeasance in the restoration and even renovation of the shitoo. Are they now turning into the ticking time bomb which will de populate the chateau as a living and an earning space?
Will she do a cheap fix again, cheesing off Amaury and any ambition he might have to own a box of Crackerjack, no prize, for good?
I am Team Amaury. I hope he gets all the money he needs fully to heat properly the chateau. Will he make an ally of PJ? Will PJ survive the cold?
I think Amaury has to bring NL, MP and IJ on board. Although now that SJ is the real earner, I'd say their influence has all but disappeared.
Winter is coming.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
It makes you wonder why nobody never turns up at the Chateau.. ?!

The terrace men, the chapel restorer, the electricians, the plasterers, the heating engineers... and others I have forgotten about.

What is that ?

Is it that they don't pay their workers ? They terrified them with their flouncing and hysterical laugh ? They p***s them off with their pink camera ?

Henri is not happy with them ?

Or maybe Isabelle shout at them too much ?

There must be an explanation 😅
all of the above, I also think normal adults get tired of dealing with irresponsible, immature, foolish idiots. the place is becoming a disaster and all that woman can focus on is future parties. she is a real moron.

Oh, ugh, now there is this:

ok...question...why is her hair so plastered to her head all the time...makes me nuts...

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
From Susie Dent book Word Perfect - 17th century insults:-
Latibulator - someone who prefers to hide in a corner
A stiffrump - someone who refuses to budge from their position either literally from a sofa or an opinion they refuse to change
The mumpsimus - someone who insists they are right despite evidence they are wrong
The bloviator - A blower of hot air who loves nothing more than the sound of their own voice
A catchfart - someone who follows their boss so closely they are in line for a lot more than they bargained for
Lickspittles - obsequious people for similar and equally gross reasons
A snollygoster - A thoroughly unscrupulous politician
A throttlebottom - an inept rather bumbling holder of public office
A quockerwodger - someone whose strings are pulled entirely by someone else.
You might recognise some of these characters from the Chateaus and surrounding areas.
(Don't say I never give you a treat 😄).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
it is becoming quite sad imo. I really felt for the cousin, sorry I don’t know how to spell his name...but he was so frustrated with the whole water coming out of those pipes. he hated her filming him and that mess. then, all that woman could do was laugh, poke fun and hold court with the chair guy while he was running back and forth, clearly in distress. later, when she badgered him in the workshop, the man could barely look at her...he was seething. she doesn’t care, as long as she gets work done for a pittance that’s all that matters. that job needs a professional, I wonder if inside the walls it is pouring with yellow water. she’s so irresponsible with that place and it’s upkeep. something Is really ‘off’ with her...she’s becoming even more of a total nut job...
Yes Anne Marie must be fully aware of the thousands she is raking in each month, and also bewildered that she is not spending it on the basic requirements such as heating!

Reactions: 18
What's the Team Amaury winning argument to get SJ to drill more geothermal tunnels, upgrade the entire heating system?
I think it would be the gites you've installed -- for Nati and Gerry and Mummy and Nic, mon cul -- will be unrentable without reliable heat (electrical and plumbing, also of cheap and crappy and failing provenance). And we all know, according to @Le Comte de Monte Cristo's well-informed account, gites are the only way to support a chateau.

Reactions: 11
all of the above, I also think normal adults get tired of dealing with irresponsible, immature, foolish idiots. the place is becoming a disaster and all that woman can focus on is future parties. she is a real moron.

ok...question...why is her hair so plastered to her head all the time...makes me nuts...
It needs to be washed

So, the question is, does Amaury win this first battle, ie., persuade her to get the system working and fully re-installed by professionals?
Or is this the beginning of what Clara always paints as the inevitable turning to :poop: of the good intentions and incredibly hard work of every volunteer at Lalande?
For the sharp eyed, the failure to work of the geothermal system and the :poop: plumbing -- with :poop: electrics, all installed at the beginning with SJ's inheritance for about $300K, as I recall -- was the huge flappin' red flag of malfeasance in the restoration and even renovation of the shitoo. Are they now turning into the ticking time bomb which will de populate the chateau as a living and an earning space?
Will she do a cheap fix again, cheesing off Amaury and any ambition he might have to own a box of Crackerjack, no prize, for good?
I am Team Amaury. I hope he gets all the money he needs fully to heat properly the chateau. Will he make an ally of PJ? Will PJ survive the cold?
I think Amaury has to bring NL, MP and IJ on board. Although now that SJ is the real earner, I'd say their influence has all but disappeared.
Winter is coming.
is there any point of amaury even installing the panels if there is a danger of them being damaged by water from leaky radiators

• Heart
Reactions: 22
is there any point of amaury even installing the panels if there is a danger of them being damaged by water from leaky radiators
KaCHING!!!!
Is that the winning argument for Team Amaury to get more geothermal tunnels drilled, and a working heating system installed? SJ cares more about the panelling than anything in the universe.
Except for storing it vertically for a year in the peacock guano barn. Wood needs to be horizontal. Even Amaury hasn't got it stored horizontally, or with protective material interleaved between panels.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If you're interested in period Victorian wallpapers, check out Bradbury and Bradbury. I am obsessed with their William Morris collection.
Bradbury & Bradbury are top notch (expensive, but phenominal!)

Reactions: 6
Selmar is very gullible - I think that he has learning difficulties that predate his accident. I'm not sure that he is fully aware of the intention to get rid of him. He hasn't cottoned on to Titty Anna using him as her route into the HMN. Does anyone believe that if he leaves, that she will leave with her "boyfriend"? He was certainly vulnerable for a superfan relationship .
The more I see of her, the more I think that she's one to be watched with suspicion. The trunks she arrived with indicated that she was never intending to stay in the camper. The mystery of the visit to Turkey for a medical crisis during a pandemic. The many discrepancies in her successful business and life in London before decamping to Sussex. Her early IG posts where she talks about falling in love with a stranger - and then reacting that years later with Selmar.
I wonder if she is there with the intention of a "reveal all behind the scenes". She always seems to be caught watching what's going on. I bet she has a journal with the details of Lalande life stashed away. ( bit like Harry's wife supposedly being caught photographing and filming at Windsor.)
Yes, yes, yes!
She's done a Markle on him - setting her cap at him long before he knew she existed. She'll soon haul him off to pastures new. And then they'll do a rambly ebook about the joys and pitfalls of chateau life, using LaLaLande as a prime example. Not at all passive aggressive you understand!

Did anyone look at her fantasy romance novel ebook? (Link posted here, maybe about 4 threads back?) It's seriously 'unique', seems a tad pernickety-obsessive to me and very convoluted.

I think she's got more smarts than him, and likely most of the usual suspects. But she and he are complementary self-orientated eccentrics.
IMHO

Reactions: 8
Winter is coming.
winter may be coming but planes, trains, and automobiles are head south to warmer destinations

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm not really any the wiser. They are so difficult to hear. She speaks so quietly and most of what Selmar says is unintelligible; he also keeps butting in when she's speaking. As far as I could tell, there was no indication of how they intend to fund a purchase. I suppose Tatty will sell whatever property she has in the UK. I wonder where she originally got her money as she clearly had some at one point. SJ's vlogging success is stimulating these other off shoot vloggers but they will never manage to acquire anything like the amount she has. It's a shame really, as they are probably much more in need of the money than she ever was but I have to grudgingly admit that she has produced considerably more content, however repetitive and boring it may be! She has enough fake OTT "charisma" to charm a lot of gullible idiots. I doubt if Selmar can even manage to raise as much as FRK did for her car.
I guess we will see...another chateau renovation always attract people..lets see if they buy the place..buying isnt the problem i guess...the renovations, and the upkeep..and then making money...thats the real challange..patreons wont stay for ever...most of them or as old as Methuselah...

Reactions: 9
Oh, ugh, now there is this:

I’m sorry, but I’m not buying any of this other than that the plot thickens and SJ’s keeping tabs. We recently chatted at length here about how Selmar has fallen from her grace and how she is trying to push him out. Then suddenly he appeared in her vlog yesterday to report loosely about a chateau he and Tatty are going to buy, directly followed by this nonsense vlog about how they met. We know how they met, that has never been a secret.
Why would they reveal their plans for the future before the purchase is well and truly perpetuated? I’m convinced it was SJ who instructed Selmar to do this rushed on camera statement to avoid any further blame games and wash her hands in glorious innocence. Not only is she reading here, we are dictating her storyline more and more. Her fans will probably just cheer for the happy couple. If that’s what they truly are, good for them. And good riddance, that too!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
You can't make this stuff up. 🤣
@Bored Mermaid CC, Donna Davis Art has done a portrait. Shall I purchase one for @Heathcliffe??? 👍👎

View attachment 794176
well you know she and I live in the same town so maybe she captured me when I wasn’t looking at the new coffee shop!

(I have silver/lilac hair and a WASPy nose but do have green eyes so she’s got that correct)

my little beatnik has disappeared - has he gone to sea to look for me? 😏

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
What was the comment about Dan wearing yesterday’s clothes and did he sleep over. I thought he only lived 15 mins away. The only reason he would need to stay over would be if he had drunk too much to drive. So what, he’s there partying and staying all night while Annaliese is home with the boys…. I’m not thinking good thoughts about Dan right now.
and where would he sleep? Do they have a designated drunk tank room? or with who ever gives the nod!
Thank you for pointing out all this.
His partying sans Annalise and, recently, the sleepovers. It's all getting a bit much now.
I'd be very pissed off if my husband did that. 24/7 on your own with little ones is hard going.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.