Chateau Diaries #71 Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's up ?

I know that Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram are down worldwide today but Patreon ?

Julia R
33 minutes ago
When I go on patreon it suddenly says stephanie has no post yet. Anyone else experiencing that?

Thanks for the info... my phone has been switched off, restarted, logged off, restarted, IG logged out, then app removed and then I spotted your post...I thought there was some jiggery pokery going on but I guess it wil sort itself out eventually ..x

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Thanks for the info... my phone has been switched off, restarted, logged off, restarted, IG logged out, then app removed and then I spotted your post...I thought there was some jiggery pokery going on but I guess it wil sort itself out eventually ..x
It’s gradually creeping back. Seem to be able to get into fb now

Reactions: 6
So what if Dan had a few drinks? The man works more and accomplishes more than anyone else there. I’d say he deserves a drink! And I wouldn’t criticize him for being responsible not to drink and drive. He has more responsibility in one finger than Teabag Petherick could ever hope to have! And I don’t see him sleeping with hookers from Spain, either.
Not Spain, as the volunteers are not from Spain.

Reactions: 2
I can see Selmar living in a crumbling dump, just heating one room in winter, happy as can be because for him it will be so romantic. If he hasn't got the money to renovate he won't care. He's lived in a van fir 10 or was it 12 years? He's used to roughing it.
In the course of my career I used to visit clients in their own homes and had to go to an ancient Manor house where an eccentric member of a titled family lived on his own with his ancient butler. I had to walk across certain parts of the floor, because the boards were unsafe and had fallen away. The whole place was falling down,parts of the roof had gone, damp and dust everywhere, window frames had rotted. The man lived in one room with a coal fire, his butler in the attic, with one habitable room downstairs which was the kitchen. It was his family seat. The money had gone years ago and he and the butler were living on a small annuity . He seemed perfectly content. The old hall became apartments after his death I heard. It had to be virtually rebuilt.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
he got lunch but didn’t stay because of the trouble with the leaking.
he said he stopped for lunch....maybe at Mcdonalds...i dont think there was much lunch..she surely would have showed it...she was too busy laughing at her leaking radiators....what a twit...its always easy when your place crumbles down you just sit and laugh..and let somebody else sort out the mess she created...what a waste of time that woman...i would run at full speed from there...if i was Amaury..

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Did anyone see today's Chateau DIY? New couple on there have seriously hideous taste in decor. Their ugly, tacky rooms make SJ's look tasteful and classy! Way to ruin a beautiful chateau. Criminal! 😱
That's always been the heartbreaker for me in renovation sagas -- been reading the blogs and watching the videos for 20 years. One guy renovated an old crack house -- a beautiful Victorian with, miraculously, most of its original woodwork. Took him years, featuring his hanging off the mansard roof in a window washer's belt, stirring up his own shellac, as he ran for mayor of his little town, and won, had a baby who grew into a young girl, etc.
Then they decorated it in the most hideous, fake Victorian, flocked wallpaper Hollywood bordello style.💔💔💔
The Lalacelles are on target to fill their property with chalets and glamping sites. I can hardly watch them any more.

Reactions: 12
What's the Team Amaury winning argument to get SJ to drill more geothermal tunnels, upgrade the entire heating system?
I think it would be the gites you've installed -- for Nati and Gerry and Mummy and Nic, mon cul -- will be unrentable without reliable heat (electrical and plumbing, also of cheap and crappy and failing provenance). And we all know, according to @Le Comte de Monte Cristo's well-informed account, gites are the only way to support a chateau.
You guys, is geo thermal the way to go at the Shanty??? It seems to never have worked for the past 16 years, right?? Who is an HVAC person here???? Anyone??? We need to give stupid ass some ideas as she and her arm candy (😳😰😝😝😖😖) read here often.

Reactions: 13
I'm not really any the wiser. They are so difficult to hear. She speaks so quietly and most of what Selmar says is unintelligible; he also keeps butting in when she's speaking. As far as I could tell, there was no indication of how they intend to fund a purchase. I suppose Tatty will sell whatever property she has in the UK. I wonder where she originally got her money as she clearly had some at one point. SJ's vlogging success is stimulating these other off shoot vloggers but they will never manage to acquire anything like the amount she has. It's a shame really, as they are probably much more in need of the money than she ever was but I have to grudgingly admit that she has produced considerably more content, however repetitive and boring it may be! She has enough fake OTT "charisma" to charm a lot of gullible idiots. I doubt if Selmar can even manage to raise as much as FRK did for her car.
I'm not really any the wiser. They are so difficult to hear. She speaks so quietly and most of what Selmar says is unintelligible; he also keeps butting in when she's speaking. As far as I could tell, there was no indication of how they intend to fund a purchase. I suppose Tatty will sell whatever property she has in the UK. I wonder where she originally got her money as she clearly had some at one point. SJ's vlogging success is stimulating these other off shoot vloggers but they will never manage to acquire anything like the amount she has. It's a shame really, as they are probably much more in need of the money than she ever was but I have to grudgingly admit that she has produced considerably more content, however repetitive and boring it may be! She has enough fake OTT "charisma" to charm a lot of gullible idiots. I doubt if Selmar can even manage to raise as much as FRK did for her car.
although the ‘singles weekend’ was a complete fake for C4. It seems it’s a free for all regarding picking up volunteers, staff and even the chatelaine herself. One could consider the HMN a prime knocking shop with the amount of BS being spewed from all the associated floggers. Time will tell on one or two of the ‘main’ characters. Not looking forward to it.

Reactions: 6
Re the criticism of Dan possibly staying over at Lalande ( and there's no proof. Just supposition)
What kind of relationship expects both partners stay with each other all the time, every day? Surely it's healthier for both to keep contact with their friends and get the occasional night out separately. No one should be made to feel joined at the hip.My idea of hell, and yes I've had small children and no babysitters. Dan told us that he and Annaleise take turns to go to the chateau parties, while the other one baby sits if they can't get a sitter. Annalise has been to some of the parties by herself. I'm sure Dan's happy with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I can see Selmar living in a crumbling dump, just heating one room in winter, happy as can be because for him it will be so romantic. If he hasn't got the money to renovate he won't care. He's lived in a van fir 10 or was it 12 years? He's used to roughing it.
In the course of my career I used to visit clients in their own homes and had to go to an ancient Manor house where an eccentric member of a titled family lived on his own with his ancient butler. I had to walk across certain parts of the floor, because the boards were unsafe and had fallen away. The whole place was falling down,parts of the roof had gone, damp and dust everywhere, window frames had rotted. The man lived in one room with a coal fire, his butler in the attic, with one habitable room downstairs which was the kitchen. It was his family seat. The money had gone years ago and he and the butler were living on a small annuity . He seemed perfectly content. The old hall became apartments after his death I heard. It had to be virtually rebuilt.
I also know a few like that..happens a lott..especially in France...although most of them are sensible enough to put their estate in a trust...and live in a nice warm cottage on the estate..happens most of the time with eccentrics..they also mostly have a house filled with rubbish and old crap...i forsee this also for Fan..she always reminds of that woman living in Plas Teg...

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That's always been the heartbreaker for me in renovation sagas -- been reading the blogs and watching the videos for 20 years. One guy renovated an old crack house -- a beautiful Victorian with, miraculously, most of its original woodwork. Took him years, featuring his hanging off the mansard roof in a window washer's belt, stirring up his own shellac, as he ran for mayor of his little town, and won, had a baby who grew into a young girl, etc.
Then they decorated it in the most hideous, fake Victorian, flocked wallpaper Hollywood bordello style.💔💔💔
The Lalacelles are on target to fill their property with chalets and glamping sites. I can hardly watch them any more.
Always when i look at their vlogs i see that noisy traffic coming down that road...not much future there.. for a glamping and chaletsite..imagine the money you have to invest to get it up to date for the guests of today...maybe the ecotourists..they arent so picky... :rolleyes: well my own retail experiences tell me... they also can be very nasty...i wish them luck..

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Re the criticism of Dan possibly staying over at Lalande ( and there's no proof. Just supposition)
What kind of relationship expects both partners stay with each other all the time, every day? Surely it's healthier for both to keep contact with their friends and get the occasional night out separately. No one should be made to feel joined at the hip.My idea of hell, and yes I've had small children and no babysitters. Dan told us that he and Annaleise take turns to go to the chateau parties, while the other one baby sits if they can't get a sitter. Annalise has been to some of the parties by herself. I'm sure Dan's happy with that.
And when was Annalise last at the shitoo, Dan attended the Russian night after dashing back from his failed attempt at buying another drone so he could eat the Hairy Russian Baker’s pie!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
You guys, is geo thermal the way to go at the Shanty??? It seems to never have worked for the past 16 years, right?? Who is an HVAC person here???? Anyone??? We need to give stupid ass some ideas as she and her arm candy (😳😰😝😝😖😖) read here often.
you cant heat a old chateau like that...the insulation is bad...how she got into that idea....well we know...she is stupid...a place like that needs first of all good windows and doors..shutters you can shut at night or at places nobody is in...insulation in the attics...a good system fueled by wood or oil...very expensive...and in the most lived in rooms woodburners and good working chimneys...no open fireplaces...but that shithouse isnt compact..has a lot of roof, doors and walls...so i dont see it ever getting nice to live in in winter..or the bill costs you a fortune...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Sorry I should have said that I am referring to Matt and Helen at Chateau la Briance.

Reactions: 4
Always when i look at their vlogs i see that noisy traffic coming down that road...not much future there.. for a glamping and chaletsite..imagine the money you have to invest to get it up to date for the guests of today...maybe the ecotourists..they arent so picky... :rolleyes: well my own retail experiences tell me... they also can be very nasty...i wish them luck..
So distracted by the massive trucks (lorries) passing so close to the field there. We'd be shaken out of our glamorous sleeping bags. And, just what I travel to the middle of nowhere for, cooking my breakfast over a campfire to the smell of diesel fumes.
I wish them luck too, they love the place and seem like they're trying to do a good job. Restoring the radiators turns me on. Kink, pure kink.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
And when was Annalise last at the shitoo, Dan attended the Russian night after dashing back from his failed attempt at buying another drone so he could eat the Hairy Russian Baker’s pie!
isnt that something Dan and Annalise have to figure out...Fan stirred the pot up...oh isnt she nasty...she clearly likes to pull another... a knife in the back...Fans life is full of lies , i guess not everybody at that shithouse is like that...although i have to say...she let Dan standing there with his tail between his legs...no quick wit now...

Reactions: 18
Watch the vlogs, the evidence is there. You're clearly someone who really hates Dan. Your privilege.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.