Chateau Diaries #71 Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
O.M.G.

How can all these people display their private life like this ? It is so weird.

PS : I couldn't understand if they mentioned how they plan to afford the chateau (the sound was so awful that it was hard for me to understand them).
the next vlog on that awfull Napoleon bed will explain more about the chateau...i am very curious...2 ballrooms , towers and turrets...have to do some searching ...

Reactions: 11
I guess we will see...another chateau renovation always attract people..lets see if they buy the place..buying isnt the problem i guess...the renovations, and the upkeep..and then making money...thats the real challange..patreons wont stay for ever...most of them or as old as Methuselah...
he doesn’t have the skills or attention span

• Haha
Reactions: 10
is there any point of amaury even installing the panels if there is a danger of them being damaged by water from leaky radiators
YES, this was my first question. Not only the leaking, but can the panels have properly acclimatized with the heating not on?

• Wow
Reactions: 16
She didn't even give the poor boy a cup of coffee.
I thought I recognized those Christmas balls as the ones which depressed me so so long ago.....good riddance!
I have a blue bayou Christmas tree -- all tiny glittery tree frogs, shells, feathers, and juju drilled dimes on red silk cord. Merry Christmas y'all!
I did wonder if anyone had made him a drink and offered some food before his 4 hour drive back. Apparently he gifted chairs to other Chateau owners too, always best to keep well in with the YT gang. I would've thought with his own DIY skills he would've offered to give Amoury a hand whilst he was dashing back and forth. He was run ragged much to the amusement of SJ.

I did wonder if anyone had made him a drink and offered some food before his 4 hour drive back. Apparently he gifted chairs to other Chateau owners too, always best to keep well in with the YT gang. I would've thought with his own DIY skills he would've offered to give Amoury a hand whilst he was dashing back and forth. He was run ragged much to the amusement of SJ.
he got lunch but didn’t stay because of the trouble with the leaking.

Reactions: 8
Both Selmar and Tatti mumble so much you have to crank the sound up, until they start cackling, then it's turn it back down. How hard can it be turn your microphone up so you can be heard? Sheesh.
Yes! for me...I don’t know what I struggle with more...slow talkers...or low talkers...

• Haha
I guess we will see...another chateau renovation always attract people..lets see if they buy the place..buying isnt the problem i guess...the renovations, and the upkeep..and then making money...thats the real challange..patreons wont stay for ever...most of them or as old as Methuselah...
Tango in the armpit of France. Srsly, it always makes me think of the early 60s movie "The Entertainer", Olivier touring the provinces as quite possibly the most corrupt actor ever seen in performance. Selmar as Archie Rice.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yes, he was wearing the same clothes but I think it was just a joke about staying over. SJ likes to stir the pot and she's also overdoing the bromance thing too!
Yep, and thus she's casting some very negative limelight on him...

This is just nasty. Mean girl needs to grow up.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thank you for pointing out all this.
His partying sans Annalise and, recently, the sleepovers. It's all getting a bit much now.
I'd be very pissed off if my husband did that. 24/7 on your own with little ones is hard going.
Dan works hard and has only occasionally stayed over at the chateau. What is the alternative? Drives home after drinking or not having any fun at all? I am sure Annalise does not mind in the least. I certainly wouldn't deny my husband such innocent pleasures. Annalise will have opportunities I am sure, to go out with her friends, to enjoy shopping trips with her friends and to have the odd night away with them. Her mother has just bought a holiday property close to them so babysitting looks like an option.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
OMG!!!...That reminded me of a bar we used to frequent in Florida, no straw on the floor but they used to do the Cotton Eyed Joe line dance and there WAS a mechanical bull there!....Fun times!!!...LOL
First time I went to Florida, my Daughter, who was living there at the time, took me to a line dancing bar. It was fabulous. The Line Dancers had brilliant moves and I was amazed at some of the agility and co-ordination displayed. Also, the cowboy hats were great. Alas, my line dancing was not. Great night though (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
O.M.G.

How can all these people display their private life like this ? It is so weird.

PS : I couldn't understand if they mentioned how they plan to afford the chateau (the sound was so awful that it was hard for me to understand them).
It's very weird, considering when they did that Q&A before Christmas last year and everyone went around and gave a short answer about their love life, Selmar said "it's no one's business". So now when it is useful to get views and attention he's okay with it being really public ... sly stinker.

They didn't say how they are funding it, just came across that they trust each other and are pooling their resources, but no explanation what those are.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Did anyone see today's Chateau DIY? New couple on there have seriously hideous taste in decor. Their ugly, tacky rooms make SJ's look tasteful and classy! Way to ruin a beautiful chateau. Criminal! 😱

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Winter is coming
I don't know if they intend having B & Bs and workshop guests in the autumn and winter but if they have got bookings, the only ethical thing to do would be to cancel them, refund anything that has already been paid; apologise, and explain that they are not in a state to receive any guests until the heating and water problems are completely sorted. She should really also send the same message to any forthcoming staff and volunteers. Expecting people to work in such conditions is dreadful and would be against most work health and safety regulations as temperatures in most workplaces have to be at a certain level. What's the betting she won't do that? She'd rather have people carrying hot water bottles all over the place and have them boiling up water in which to get washed! She's the reincarnated Marie Antoinette!

is there any point of amaury even installing the panels if there is a danger of them being damaged by water from leaky radiators
[/QUOTE]

No, but that kind of thing has never stopped her from installing anything decorative before!

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
The weather in France just is so erratic it seems. One day blistering hot, then rain, rain, rain, and now cold. Like how cold is cold? When it gets to around 20° F here, we call it cold. It is still around 89° F day wise.... down to about 78° here today. We NEED rain!!
I'm sick of the stuff already. Here is Dorset it's been sun, rain, sun, rain, horrendous rain, rain, showers. Still, good for gardens, farms etc. Not good for dog walking - currently looking after two Border Terriers. Even they looked dubious about going out earlier :ROFLMAO: I won !

And if they buy something that needs a lot of renovation work, we know how long Selmar takes to do anything, it' ll be another 30 years before anything gets finished. His taste is dubious too, think of the decorative panel over a bathroom door; the gate he's just made, and his choice of fittings for another bathroom!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
looks like Selmar & ?
Of course, Selmar & Tatti dancing th
Yes, but her goal in life is not to have a beautifully restored shattoo filled with beautiful things, her goal in life is to have an entourage of nutters that kiss the ground she walks on and who's only wish is to please her. Her own family got tired of doing that full time, her best friends ditto, so now she needs to maintain a truncated, miserable state of her court to keep the influx of new nutters going.

Did we all also noticed that her newest escape from her tit pile was announced when saying goodbye to Kat? They will soon meet up in London and SJ is bringing her shutterdog Snorty, obviously.
Exactly what I thought. As you always say @Clara Burnett 'smoke & mirors'. How I've come to love that phrase, it;s paaaaarfect for the shenanigans at LL

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.