Chateau Diaries #71 Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It must be freezing over there !
I grew up in a 17th century manor in France not far from Berry. Autumn and winter can be very cold.
Our heating worked well but still, it was hard to keep all the rooms nice and warm with their high ceilings.

I can say that what I remember from this time is...the cold INSIDE the house.

I can only imagine how their guests must feel with their big jumpers while having à birthday dinner... And no hot water ?!
🥶🥶🥶
Asked before so I will ask avain. It is early October here..."Indian summer"....how cold is it in France????

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Did we all also noticed that her newest escape from her tit pile was announced when saying goodbye to Kat? They will soon meet up in London and SJ is bringing her shutterdog Snorty, obviously
They can all go off to the highly expensive private members' club, that is if BJJ is allowed in, usually children are banned from entering! Then, they will do the Fortnum & Mason and Liberty's tour as she did with teabag! It'll be a bit of a squeeze in her small flat if all 3 of them stay there.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Re. cold temperatures in France :

France has 3 different climates :
- Mediterranean climate (hot summers - mild winters)
- Continental climate (hot summers - cold winters)
- Oceanic climate (temperate climate)

Of course, this can be variable depending on the geography :

- In montains (Alps, Pyrennees, Jura), the winters are very cold. One place in Jura is known as the "little Siberia" (up to - 20 C). But the summers can be very hot too.
- In Auvergne (montains Massif Central), winters are very cold too.
- In Berry, they are at the limit beween Oceanic (temperate, moderate) and Continental (colder winters - warmer summers). I would say that the temperatures in winter can reach - 8 C (sometimes).

BUT : Keep in mind that the feeling can change with the humidity level in the air (dampness) too. In a dry air (the Alps or Pyrenees for ex), negative temperatures are easier to bear than a good 7 degrees Celsius in a damp region.

And Berry region is very damp...
Thank you!!! Just saw your reply as I catch up.

Reactions: 4
More from yesterday's CD live chat. We have answers about the intro and who was dancing in the courtyard. Potty showed up at the end and Nutti also chimed in.

The Chateau Diaries @Alex Bonneau Oh no! Did the intro slow down again? That happened by accident last week, too
Percy Attfield @the Chateau Diaries Good job!! your abilities at DIY always impress me
The Chateau Diaries @Percy Attfield Yay! Thank you!
Isabelle Jarvis The heating engineers had measured the radiators to change and they never turned up!!!!
The Chateau Diaries Our weekend guests were practicing the tango in the courtyard!
Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries did you just turn on the system for the season? Is that why it exploded?
The Chateau Diaries @Jason Dubey Yes, we’re trying to get it on for the winter! We’ll try again tomorrow
Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries the good news is you will have fresh water in there! OMG sorry to see this flooding
Michael Potts Hello! How is everyone!
Brenda M @Michael Potts hello there my love such a pleasure
Isabelle Jarvis Goodnight everyone thank you for being here !
Natasha @isabelle Jarvis this is the best place to be darling

It was a busy chat, with other's promoting their interests. I wonder if SJ charges a fee or is it a percentage of their YT earnings.
Donna, like Anna and Ed, is also doing a daily vlog.

Donna Davis Art It's #inktober so trying to get on top of it A new inked drawing a day for all of October...whew among other things but have to make Lalande time if i can

The Chateau Diaries @How to Renovate a Chateau Hi! I’m really looking forward to seeing you both again!

The Chateau Diaries @1890 I link to it at the end of this video but it’s called @escape to the dream, restoring the chateau

Céleste R@Bordeaux Life is this Anna or Edd?
Bordeaux Life@Céleste R its Edd... Emma is down within 2 mins!!!
Céleste R OOOOH you may all want to join me later for the @Bordeaux Life LIVE at 8.45 UK time
Bordeaux Life @the Chateau Diaries GREAT VLOG STEPHANIE ,......HOPEFULLY SEE YOU ALL OVER AT OUR PREMIER
Céleste R OOOOH you may all want to join me later for @Bordeaux Life LIVE at 8.45 UK time

Castle ten Berghe For those interested, we have a premiere in a few minutes on our channel

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
What was the comment about Dan wearing yesterday’s clothes and did he sleep over. I thought he only lived 15 mins away. The only reason he would need to stay over would be if he had drunk too much to drive. So what, he’s there partying and staying all night while Annaliese is home with the boys…. I’m not thinking good thoughts about Dan right now.
and where would he sleep? Do they have a designated drunk tank room? or with who ever gives the nod!
So what if Dan had a few drinks? The man works more and accomplishes more than anyone else there. I’d say he deserves a drink! And I wouldn’t criticize him for being responsible not to drink and drive. He has more responsibility in one finger than Teabag Petherick could ever hope to have! And I don’t see him sleeping with hookers from Spain, either.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I guess all of MPK’s fans are just pretending like everything is rosy when it comes to Andrew. It’s as if he doesn’t exist! I wonder how long the “Introduction to Andrew” vlog will remain up? What I find hilarious is how fans tip-toe around the issue in the comments…so as “not to offend poor Michael!” We don’t want to make him upset! 😭 Come on, people….he’s a big boy…HE WAS BLOWING HIS MONEY ON RENT BOYS IN SPAIN!!! 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m not thinking good thoughts about Dan right now.
Yes, he was wearing the same clothes but I think it was just a joke about staying over. SJ likes to stir the pot and she's also overdoing the bromance thing too!

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Some sane people in the comments section.

But... wait for Lambert 😅

Susanne
1 hour ago
3 important steps in radiator maintenance Inspect your pipes for leaks or cracks. Bleed the hot water radiators annually. Clean the steam radiator air vents......an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. "Let's just turn the heat on willy nilly and see what happens" is not the best of ideas. The queensware catching radiator fluid and the potential damage to your father's paintings left me feeling frantic. I'm glad everything was saved. And, bty, how many Christmas ornaments does one house need? Boxes and Boxes were gifted, and boxes and boxes will be arriving soon.
Show less

Common sense :

NL

13 hours ago
Call a plumber !! the Man looks beaten from trying to fix the problem .

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Yes, he was wearing the same clothes but I think it was just a joke about staying over. SJ likes to stir the pot and she's also overdoing the bromance thing too!
I think some “new members” here like to stir the pot a little, too! ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Lalacelle's explanation :

Ann EC
16 hours ago
Did Terry drive from Lalacelle four hours to drop off one chair( a gift) and turn around and drive back straight away? I would want to stay the night at least.

Hide 8 replies

J. Peters
14 hours ago
Right, he’s such a gentlemen, Terry and his partner are wonderful, so talented.

Chris M
14 hours ago
Thats what I was thinking.

caroline gooder
13 hours ago
As they have guests, three volunteers and leaking pipes he might have felt it was not the time to stay.

bee french
11 hours ago
If not the night, dinner at least

Capt. Molyneaux
6 hours ago
@bee french Damn! He couldnt even use the unfinished wc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Escape To The Dream, Restoring The Château.
4 hours ago
I stopped for lunch and unfortunately the rooms where full and with the water leak a lot was going on 🥰

4 hours ago
@bee french yes I stopped for lunch 🥰🥰

bee french
3 hours ago
@Escape To The Dream, Restoring The Château. this is amazing that you are answering our question. You are so talented. The chair is beautiful.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Whooaaa! Maybe he really is jinxed :eek:
I'm plagued by vacuum cleaners as well. It's 7 in the last 6yrs now. TBH, I think it's the manufacturers these days.
I have killed 2 dysons, two orek and one weird brand I don’t recall in the last 7 years-granted I have two large dogs most of that time but gee whiz?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
More from the live chat. Philip Janssen, does Tony want you to model underwear??? Or, at least have a look at him. :eek:

Philip Janssen Hi everyone!!
emilymlw love life and leaks?
Philip Janssen 😂 @emilymlw
bee french @philip janssen is your family happy they can see you more easily this week?
Philip Janssen @bee french Yes!
Donna Davis Art @Philip Janssen congrats on your role on the stage:)
Philip Janssen @Donna Davis Art Thank you!!
scotchette Is it before he left? Or he is back?
Philip Janssen @Anaj Anaj I’m back already!
Philip Janssen I’m back at Lalande! I’ll have to go back and forth between the Netherlands and France the next couple of months, but I’ll be here for Christmas!!

Tony InLosAngeles @philip Janssen I dropped a instagram profile for you to check out in the Facebook group
elizabeth rial @Tony InLosAngeles - did you see my message about a la meetup?
Tony InLosAngeles @Elizabeth rial I’ll have to go back and see sorry

This is Tony's IG profile.
tonysbriefchat's profile picture

tonysbriefchat
Tony's Underwear Chat

Shopping & Retail
A Place where all my interests Collide
💁🏻‍♂️Brief Chat of Underwear Swimsuits Gear
🛍Shopping💸Sales🤷🏻‍♂️Reviews📝
⬇Checkout My Other Links Here⬇
linktr.ee/tonysbriefchat

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
What was the comment about Dan wearing yesterday’s clothes and did he sleep over. I thought he only lived 15 mins away. The only reason he would need to stay over would be if he had drunk too much to drive. So what, he’s there partying and staying all night while Annaliese is home with the boys…. I’m not thinking good thoughts about Dan right now.
and where would he sleep? Do they have a designated drunk tank room? or with who ever gives the nod!
That's one heck of a leap to deduce from Dan possibly having stayed overnight after work, that he was
a) drunk and partying half the night
b) having a one night stand with someone at the chateau
c) people at the chateau sleep with anyone who happens to stay the night.
d) he neglects his wife and family
🤔🤔
The real scenario is probably more like
Dan has been working hard with Amaury all day.
He has a few beers with Amaury, they are good mates.
He decides its best not to drive after the few beers.
He rings Annalaise to let her know
He kips on a sofa.
Whats wrong with that?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Mason Dwinell, is not amused. His IG account is now private. Maybe he should reconsider his visit to Lalande. I do hope he is staying elsewhere whilst he is in France. He does have other options, Tess Hoffman's family home or Adam Guntrel's manor home. I wonder what you think @Clara Burnett??? Why would he show up now???

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Isabelle Jarvis The heating engineers had measured the radiators to change and they never turned up!!!!
It makes you wonder why nobody never turns up at the Chateau.. ?!

The terrace men, the chapel restorer, the electricians, the plasterers, the heating engineers... and others I have forgotten about.

What is that ?

Is it that they don't pay their workers ? They terrified them with their flouncing and hysterical laugh ? They p***s them off with their pink camera ?

Henri is not happy with them ?

Or maybe Isabelle shout at them too much ?

There must be an explanation 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
<---------- Favorite unfinishd project will always be the lake for me. The foundation of all her grift and Patreon funding was restoration. of. the. lake.
It's an ancient structure part of the etang culture of the Berry, on the Napoleonic map Davy checked, and part of freshwater fish farming established by fish-eating monks in land locked France as early as the 8th century. It's a resource for hungry locals, for restaurant fish sales, and could be farmed for fertilizer to use on their gardens.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.