Chateau Diaries #71 Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The (Superfans) Universe is shaking !!!

Shirley Harold
10 hours agoAre you aware YouTube may shut down. I’m not sure when or for how long. I know I’m going to be upset if I can’t see all of you. What are we to do? I love each one of you and all of your vlogs. Let everyone know.

Hide 4 repliesJudy Dee
7 hours ago?

bee french
6 hours agoFacebook had some problems today. It was on the news

Shirley Harold
6 hours agoI know Facebook, Instagram went down for some hours, however the reports said soon others like you tube will go down. I just heard it today, I’m not sure if it will happen. I hope not. But, we are seeing a lot of changes.

Emma Miller
1 hour ago @Shirley Harold whatsapp was down too
I was so busy yesterday that I didn’t even notice it was down! Had to learn about it from others after the fact. Timing of the outage was pretty sketchy! 🤔 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Teabeg pète plus haut que son cul as his French neighbours would say.
He farts higher than his arse, to say it politely.
Whereas Dan has no ideas of grandeur and is level-headed.
So no comparison.
Yes, illusions of grandeur. I really think that Teabeg wants to be SJ…own a chateau, decorate it to his own liking, surrounded by fawning “friends,” calling the shots and directing the show. And I believe he thinks he could do it better than SJ. The problem? He doesn’t have the means to get there. He won’t inherit a place. His only source of income is YouTube, and that’s hit or miss with him. He’s set up his go fund me accounts to tie to the gardeners cottage…which doesn’t really get him any closer to owning a chateau. He definitely has illusions of grandeur, but can only watch from the sidelines…must be very frustrating for him. Then he sees his little brother, Biffy…in a stable long term relationship, two children, living in the chateau with his partner, buying antiques and decorating the place. I’m sure MPK thinks “that should be me!”

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Is there any info available about Tatty's past life as a shop owner?
As mentioned in chatô unwrapped.

Reactions: 4
I love both of those film interpretations of his play. I think my favourite is the Patrick Stewart one, mainly because he is superb.
I went down a rabbit hole last night and watched three different versions, from the 1970s forward. All three were slightly different. I agree, Stewart was the best ghost.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Dan has proven he is not ‘too polite’ to ‘fight back’ with a witty remark or two. However on this occasion his mouth was shut.
Regardless of what is thought about SJ, it’s her house and if the ‘staff’ are using it as an escape from home or a knocking shop with the volunteers then even if she is a narc I would said she would be entitled to be pissed.
Why would she be pissed? She knocks up with the volunteers too because that is all she can get. No successful, quasi normal, man closer to her age ( I said SEMI NORMAL which therefore excludes Mason) would come near her for any length of time....it has to be a youngster....easily manipulated and eager for cash.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Good luck @HalcyonOrganic

Yes, illusions of grandeur. I really think that Teabeg wants to be SJ…own a chateau, decorate it to his own liking, surrounded by fawning “friends,” calling the shots and directing the show. And I believe he thinks he could do it better than SJ. The problem? He doesn’t have the means to get there. He won’t inherit a place. His only source of income is YouTube, and that’s hit or miss with him. He’s set up his go fund me accounts to tie to the gardeners cottage…which doesn’t really get him any closer to owning a chateau. He definitely has illusions of grandeur, but can only watch from the sidelines…must be very frustrating for him. Then he sees his little brother, Biffy…in a stable long term relationship, two children, living in the chateau with his partner, buying antiques and decorating the place. I’m sure MPK thinks “that should be me!”
Envy is a mysterious thing. Why would you prefer to believe you can't have things, when if you got off your ass you can? Why can't you get off your ass? It's not hard to be better than SJ, for god's sake.
I have to think that there's some mental health/cognitive/addiction anomaly at this late stage of the game, wildly enabled by his atrocious family.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Envy is a mysterious thing. Why would you prefer to believe you can't have things, when if you got off your ass you can? Why can't you get off your ass? It's not hard to be better than SJ, for god's sake.
I have to think that there's some mental health/cognitive/addiction anomaly at this late stage of the game, wildly enabled by his atrocious family.
Yes, envy…and also a seemingly perpetual state of self-pity. It’s always someone else’s fault for his shortcomings (it was Angel, or “sneaky” rent boys that swindled me, or the dog ate my chicken, etc). He’s probably been told his entire life he’s the greatest, most talented, the best. That adds to the cognitive dissonance when things don’t go his way. “It can’t be me…must be someone else!”

Reactions: 13
Yes, envy…and also a seemingly perpetual state of self-pity. It’s always someone else’s fault for his shortcomings (it was Angel, or “sneaky” rent boys that swindled me, or the dog ate my chicken, etc). He’s probably been told his entire life he’s the greatest, most talented, the best. That adds to the cognitive dissonance when things don’t go his way. “It can’t be me…must be someone else!”
Is self pity -- well known to be rich and creamy -- the pay off for envy?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.