Chateau Diaries #71 Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are getting bids to replace our HVAC system in a small1908 bungalow. First bid was $12,000. That includes a new furnace, hot water heater and central air conditioning unit. When we had this work done 15 years ago it was $7,000. We're having our local utility company bid on it this week because they will divide the cost into our monthly gas bill. $12,000 seems excessive but everything is so much more expensive these days. I'm sure glad I don't have to heat or cool a tit-too!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Coming to the Halloween ball as Henri if that's ok! Borrowing from some of Steph's see thru wearables. Surely there's something I can wear under my three piece suit...

That's one heck of a leap to deduce from Dan possibly having stayed overnight after work, that he was
a) drunk and partying half the night
b) having a one night stand with someone at the chateau
c) people at the chateau sleep with anyone who happens to stay the night.
d) he neglects his wife and family
🤔🤔
The real scenario is probably more like
Dan has been working hard with Amaury all day.
He has a few beers with Amaury, they are good mates.
He decides its best not to drive after the few beers.
He rings Annalaise to let her know
He kips on a sofa.
Whats wrong with that?
Or he did go home the night before and rushed back early to say goodbye to Cat. Dan seems to have good hygiene but possibly just threw on yesterday's clothes.

Reactions: 14
Coming to the Halloween ball as Henri if that's ok! Borrowing from some of Steph's see thru wearables. Surely there's something I can wear under my three piece suit...

Or he did go home the night before and rushed back early to say goodbye to Cat. Dan seems to have good hygiene but possibly just threw on yesterday's clothes.
I think there are more and better issues to talk about, then to speculate about Dan...that stupid woman is only trying to derail us from the more serious issues...that is herself...

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Do you think the lack of heating at Chateau will be given as the reason why, for the first time in years, there is no Christmas at La La? It would mean she could travel anywhere and everywhere for months. This would allow vlogs purely on travel. Not sure with Davey's plans when the building works will begin in the garden. Filming duringvthis period could be messy/difficult.
Oh imagine, the reunion with Mummy and a daily vlog in SA with SJ & Snorts

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Not only is she reading here, we are dictating her storyline more and more.
TF…..

It beggars belief- 228 k subscribers
And yet they live RENT free in here …
I simply cannot comprehend it

we ✍ it
And within 24 hrs - she’s answering a narrative..

yet tattle says last vlog had 48k views ……
Winter 🥶 is coming … there’s less fawning on patron - I’m aware many have gotten in touch directly

it’s not a travel 🧭 show
It’s a restoration … and there not gonna wait years !!!

really really really like to propose
Title thread 🧵

Winter is coming ….

Am aware 2 accounts are approaching VIP 😈👍😈

• Heart
Reactions: 24
he said he stopped for lunch....maybe at Mcdonalds...i dont think there was much lunch..she surely would have showed it...she was too busy laughing at her leaking radiators....what a twit...its always easy when your place crumbles down you just sit and laugh..and let somebody else sort out the mess she created...what a waste of time that woman...i would run at full speed from there...if i was Amaury..
I got the feeling that Amaury was a bit "énervé" (= irrirated)... even Natti tried to say "Maybe you would prefer if we go away" or something like that. He answered sort of "No no, I'm OK".
It was obvious that the Chatelaine couldn't read his body language... Especially when she laughed at him when he was running up and down to check the radiators leaking.

That was a pathetic scene. But she thought it would be worth keeping it in the vlog as she knew that her Superfans would love it !:sick:

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Just jotting this down for future ref: To heat the chateau at all, according to Le Comte, the windows, shutters and interior and exterior doors need to be weatherproofed and in working condition, as do woodburners in each habitable room, with good chimneys. Open fireplaces need to be shut off or to be cleaned, with up to date flues and chimneys. All in addition to a geothermal system properly supported with enough tunnels and proper pressure and piping.
I'm guessing this would cost well over $100K.
What do you think she has put aside for such a project?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
From Susie Dent book Word Perfect - 17th century insults:-
Latibulator - someone who prefers to hide in a corner
A stiffrump - someone who refuses to budge from their position either literally from a sofa or an opinion they refuse to change
The mumpsimus - someone who insists they are right despite evidence they are wrong
The bloviator - A blower of hot air who loves nothing more than the sound of their own voice
A catchfart - someone who follows their boss so closely they are in line for a lot more than they bargained for
Lickspittles - obsequious people for similar and equally gross reasons
A snollygoster - A thoroughly unscrupulous politician
A throttlebottom - an inept rather bumbling holder of public office
A quockerwodger - someone whose strings are pulled entirely by someone else.
You might recognise some of these characters from the Chateaus and surrounding areas.
(Don't say I never give you a treat 😄).
SendS list to printer immediately! Or perhaps I shall have it printed to wallpaper! BRILLIANT!! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Thanks
Summers in the Alpes, Jura and Pyrénées are very hot over 2 or 3 months in à row. Between 28 and 35 and can reach 38 +.
Feeling much more, I can assure you.
The worse would be the nights which are hot too (hard to sleep).

Interesting comparison. Thanks again.
I was in Soutern Spain in August this year. Normally, I can handle the heat well. Madre MIa, the heat was 40c + but the killer was 70-80% humidity most nights. Thankfully, we had a sea breeze from 9pm onwards if we were lucky, We were all complaining. It was weird. Now back in Dorset. It's cold and wet. I love it ;) I can put an extra layer on, turn heating on, turning heating off,take off layer, put layer on. When it's so hot an humid, man, you are suffering:)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I got the feeling that Amaury was a bit "énervé" (= irrirated)... even Natti tried to say "Maybe you would prefer if we go away" or something like that. He answered sort of "No no, I'm OK".
It was obvious that the Chatelaine couldn't read his body language... Especially when she laughed at him when he was running up and down to check the radiators leaking.

That was a pathetic scene. But she thought it would be worth keeping it in the vlog as she knew that her Superfans would love it !:sick:
Pathetic is right!!

Reactions: 12
Dan works hard and has only occasionally stayed over at the chateau. What is the alternative? Drives home after drinking or not having any fun at all? I am sure Annalise does not mind in the least. I certainly wouldn't deny my husband such innocent pleasures. Annalise will have opportunities I am sure, to go out with her friends, to enjoy shopping trips with her friends and to have the odd night away with them. Her mother has just bought a holiday property close to them so babysitting looks like an option.
Sorry-would like this to be so but not convinced recently

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Céleste R OOOOH you may all want to join me later for the @Bordeaux Life LIVE at 8.45 UK time
Bordeaux Life @the Chateau Diaries GREAT VLOG STEPHANIE ,......HOPEFULLY SEE YOU ALL OVER AT OUR PREMIER
Céleste R OOOOH you may all want to join me later for @Bordeaux Life LIVE at 8.45 UK time

Castle ten Berghe For those interested, we have a premiere in a few minutes on our channel
Someone wanted to make sure that Edd and Anna's premiere was noticed!...And poor Castle ten Berghe set their premiere to compete with Bordeaux Life's premiere....you'd think these chateau owners would interact with each other to coordinate their premiere calendars!

Reactions: 9
They can all go off to the highly expensive private members' club, that is if BJJ is allowed in, usually children are banned from entering! Then, they will do the Fortnum & Mason and Liberty's tour as she did with teabag! It'll be a bit of a squeeze in her small flat if all 3 of them stay there.
As long as it's not OUR private members :ROFLMAO: club. Jeez, we need a break from them now and again G&T anyone ????

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
So what if Dan had a few drinks? The man works more and accomplishes more than anyone else there. I’d say he deserves a drink! And I wouldn’t criticize him for being responsible not to drink and drive. He has more responsibility in one finger than Teabag Petherick could ever hope to have! And I don’t see him sleeping with hookers from Spain, either.
How many Dans are on here? :ROFLMAO:

Mason often visits the area in October and usually stays at the ancient abbey where Tess Hoffman's mother Anne (instagram @annedevarennes ) lives in Fougerolles. She used to have a saffron field and needed help of her friends harvesting the flowers. Mason loved to come help out. But I think Tess' mother sold the saffron field or stopped maintaining it. The field itself belonged to Tess' old house, Chateau Rochefolle in Fougerolles. Tess' mother is currently seriously renovating that place, or so I am told. The connection between the Hoffmans and Mason goes further back than his relationship with SJ. He usually doesn't stay at the HMN and I doubt he will now, with Snorty there. Then again, Snorty might have to go to Holland for his rehearsals again....
No such luck!

Reactions: 3
Yes, he was wearing the same clothes but I think it was just a joke about staying over. SJ likes to stir the pot and she's also overdoing the bromance thing too!
Let's hope Annalise is on board with the joke then and as for the 'bromance', pass me the sick bucket :sick: it's just not working. They need to reign in the innuendos. They're not sassy enough to pull it off.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Update … ohh ff sake
Sublime to ridiculous

The theater paper is fun, the floral paper is classic chateau, but when I saw the bird cage paper…💕. It would feel as if your in a gilded cage with the birds on the outside; sort of an Alice in Wonderland flip of reality, in a beautiful way! Can’t wait to see it.

🙄🙄
Stephanie I love the bathroom theme! I have been trying to catch the name of the wallpaper maker yours and Nic is from in previous vlogs and in this and I cannot make it out 😂 Is it Anna and something? Please Help, I lost my grandmother in March after caring for her and now I’m decorating her house room by room to serve my sons and I as well as it did her!
🙄🙄
love the decor of the new bathroom
🙄🙄
For your next year's accounting would it be easier if you had dedicated accounts for each type of expense? One for your personal finances, one for the association and one for the business? You could then make only the appropriate purchases from the appropriate account? It would certainly save you so much of your time and your accountants time every year. Life is too short to highlight so much! Lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.