Chateau Diaries #71 Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she is taking care of the patreon videos and appears there most of the time. She is also working at la Lande, doing their hair. Dan‘s channel is very work centric, which most people want to see.
No patreon vlogs of late.
the daily flog features lots of cosy ‘kitchen’ scenes.
SJ has not been on the scene for most of this. And I don’t stephend.
time will out devious natured individuals, keeping up appearances is hard work and on a daily basis, the guise is slipping.
Don’t be disappointed, it’s just nature!!!

Reactions: 1
KaCHING!!!!
Is that the winning argument for Team Amaury to get more geothermal tunnels drilled, and a working heating system installed? SJ cares more about the panelling than anything in the universe.
Except for storing it vertically for a year in the peacock guano barn. Wood needs to be horizontal. Even Amaury hasn't got it stored horizontally, or with protective material interleaved between panels.
This chateau is such a mess anyway and her lifestyle so wasteful she could as well just buy some oil tanks and be done.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m so far behind in the threads, but had to post about Selmar’s Love Story video ——and Tatty’s comment about looking for romance with a handy man in “big, crumbly houses.” I bet that’s going to go over well…

• Haha
Reactions: 14
we have gasheating...and this time of year we use our woodburners...open fireplaces we only have in the staterooms...and we are able to shut them off ..they have all new pipes and a system to shut the chimey off ....and when its really getting cold, we move out to a small cottage ;) using the big house only for christmas..and new years eve..but we must keep the heating on to like 15 degrees C there to not letting the place getting too damp..and keep the doors and the shutters...inside and outside closed..Its always a nice time...not much work has to been done living small..untill in Februari we mostly start with the springclean...we dont have to do much renovations in winter...i hate it..the days are short and the light is bad for painting..so in wintertime we have our wintersleep...well sort of:rolleyes: work never really stops..
I like hibernating in the winter. Still have to do chores outside, but it makes the inside that much nicer. The best time for needlework and writing. I have a propane furnace, but don't use it until it gets bitterly cold, wood burning stove is lovely.

Reactions: 12
Perhaps he was being polite and made his goodbyes. Can't imagine she will roll the carpet out to that crew just yet tbh
no like i said before ...she , and her fleacircus...cannot put their greedy feet under the table there yet...she will wait to wine and dine when the place is finished..in a few years time...but make no mistake..all those chateaux renovaters are cut from the same cloth....they all like to use eachother for content... subscribers and patreons...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Pick up the phone.📞 Like we did in the past.😂
but I don’t want to bother or disturb him. Whenever I call people they feel uncomfortable.. it all begun years ago and there is a very sad story to it. If someone is interested..

we have gasheating...and this time of year we use our woodburners...open fireplaces we only have in the staterooms...and we are able to shut them off ..they have all new pipes and a system to shut the chimey off ....and when its really getting cold, we move out to a small cottage ;) using the big house only for christmas..and new years eve..but we must keep the heating on to like 15 degrees C there to not letting the place getting too damp..and keep the doors and the shutters...inside and outside closed..Its always a nice time...not much work has to been done living small..untill in Februari we mostly start with the springclean...we dont have to do much renovations in winter...i hate it..the days are short and the light is bad for painting..so in wintertime we have our wintersleep...well sort of:rolleyes: work never really stops..
Someday I have to come and visit your estate, I mean estates.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I guess all of MPK’s fans are just pretending like everything is rosy when it comes to Andrew. It’s as if he doesn’t exist! I wonder how long the “Introduction to Andrew” vlog will remain up? What I find hilarious is how fans tip-toe around the issue in the comments…so as “not to offend poor Michael!” We don’t want to make him upset! 😭 Come on, people….he’s a big boy…HE WAS BLOWING HIS MONEY ON RENT BOYS IN SPAIN!!! 😆
When I hook up with a new guy I won't even save his number properly on my phone until I have been with him for several months😂 Let alone introduce him to friends or family or the www🤔

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
No patreon vlogs of late.
the daily flog features lots of cosy ‘kitchen’ scenes.
SJ has not been on the scene for most of this. And I don’t stephend.
time will out devious natured individuals, keeping up appearances is hard work and on a daily basis, the guise is slipping.
Don’t be disappointed, it’s just nature!!!

When I hook up with a new guy I won't even save his number properly on my phone until I have been with him for several months😂 Let alone introduce him to friends or family or the www🤔
and how do you save his number meanwhile?

Reactions: 1
It's only 3:30pm here, but I have started Happy Hour already. I hate Mondays.

That's because you were brought up right.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I like hibernating in the winter. Still have to do chores outside, but it makes the inside that much nicer. The best time for needlework and writing. I have a propane furnace, but don't use it until it gets bitterly cold, wood burning stove is lovely.
woodburners are so nice..we have two in the cottages..one in the kitchen and one in the livingroom...they are economical...doesnt need much wood...in the state diningroom which is like 120m2 we have a huge open fireplace...when we have a function there we need 10 wheelbarrels of wood for like 6 hours...all the heat is going up through the chimney...but people love it...so be it..we cannot put a woodburner in there...it would ruin the looks of the place...

• Heart
Reactions: 17
We are getting bids to replace our HVAC system in a small1908 bungalow. First bid was $12,000. That includes a new furnace, hot water heater and central air conditioning unit. When we had this work done 15 years ago it was $7,000. We're having our local utility company bid on it this week because they will divide the cost into our monthly gas bill. $12,000 seems excessive but everything is so much more expensive these days. I'm sure glad I don't have to heat or cool a tit-too!
This year has been a real wake up call if you're renovating, improving etc. The thing to remember is that whatever you are doing, maintenance is the key. Look after the basics. The rest can follow. Sounds like you've got it covered. Good Luck (y)

• Heart
It cost me $15,000 just to replace the 25 windows in my house, but it was the BEST investment I've ever made. I can't imagine how much cold air whips through the chateau.

I'm a little embarrassed that a few Tattlers could be so gullible to let SJ's innuendos lead them on. Have they learned nothing?
That sounds like great value to me. Good, double-glazed windows make a huge difference as you know.
So, 42+/- windows in the HMN? A month's Pattycake income would take care of that. (It's not a listed building, and they already got those pvc kitchen doors in.)

Reactions: 10
And your canadien summers ? Just curious 🙂
Canadian summers in my area usually top out at 30°C. We had some 33-35°C days this summer. With the humidex where I am, some days "feel like 40°C".

I don't know if they do that everywhere. But here they give a temperature, and then say "with the humidex it feels like ___"

I've always been jealous of the weather on the UK and continental Europe. With the Gulf stream it seems a little more steady there.

Reactions: 6
Just jotting this down for future ref: To heat the chateau at all, according to Le Comte, the windows, shutters and interior and exterior doors need to be weatherproofed and in working condition, as do woodburners in each habitable room, with good chimneys. Open fireplaces need to be shut off or to be cleaned, with up to date flues and chimneys. All in addition to a geothermal system properly supported with enough tunnels and proper pressure and piping.
I'm guessing this would cost well over $100K.
What do you think she has put aside for such a project?
I think we all know the answer to that

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Currently my home doesn’t have heating (long story) and it’s starting to get chilly. So I can only imagine how chilly the chateau gets. She has the money now to sort the chateau heating so why would you not do that?? Why would you want to live in a cold home?? It’s really no fun 🥶🥶

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
but I don’t want to bother or disturb him. Whenever I call people they feel uncomfortable.. it all begun years ago and there is a very sad story to it. If someone is interested..

Someday I have to come and visit your estate, I mean estates.
always welcome...where you you want to stay..in The Netherlands or in France...France is nice in summer...well mostly..we have a swimmingpool there..in The Netherlands we only have a pond.. ;)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.