Chateau Diaries #71 Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re. cold temperatures in France :

France has 3 different climates :
- Mediterranean climate (hot summers - mild winters)
- Continental climate (hot summers - cold winters)
- Oceanic climate (temperate climate)

Of course, this can be variable depending on the geography :

- In montains (Alps, Pyrennees, Jura), the winters are very cold. One place in Jura is known as the "little Siberia" (up to - 20 C). But the summers can be very hot too.
- In Auvergne (montains Massif Central), winters are very cold too.
- In Berry, they are at the limit beween Oceanic (temperate, moderate) and Continental (colder winters - warmer summers). I would say that the temperatures in winter can reach - 8 C (sometimes).

BUT : Keep in mind that the feeling can change with the humidity level in the air (dampness) too. In a dry air (the Alps or Pyrenees for ex), negative temperatures are easier to bear than a good 7 degrees Celsius in a damp region.

And Berry region is very damp...
I had a giggle at "very cold" + "-20°C"
Our Canadian winters can easily reach -30°C. And then feel worse with a wind chill. But, our houses are very well insulated, with central heat. I'm always so surprised at the lack of insulation in some houses I see in the UK and France. But then, the climate is milder there (in some places)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Can I just tell you …

for me …
Painting is akin
To watching paint dry

I’d pull a roof off faster
And I hate heights 😈

Cancels

tattle Christmas 🎅 party

appreciate the intel 😈
Oh no!!!!….And I heard that Santa was going to be there!!!!!….Maybe we can talk him into going to Barbados instead. I hear there’s a really nice hotel there…and the weather is pretty nice, too. Tattle Christmas party in Barbados this year???

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
That's my only issue with the plan... if we have to pick our fav at the chateaux there are going to be a lot of Ruby, Diesel, etc. avatars.... maybe we could all pick our fav unfinished project instead?? :D
PS Mine is chainsaws
My favourite unfinished project is Lala Land

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
'What is apparent is it seems this change happened around the time PJ came on the scene, and Selmar's crush was crushed.'

This came to mind. Looks like they filmed the indoor shots at Lalande.😂

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I think he said he's had it to give to her for a while, and I assume he was working on it on the side while he was in the UK finishing selling their business.

I also think he's my least favorite of the Lacelles ... he's the one who has all the ideas and gets his way at their place. .... seems like a spoilted mummy's boy too.
Indeed, it is always..Terry wants this....Terry wants it like that...we must see what Terry thinks....

I am confused as to the reason for the anti freeze in the water of the heating system. Is this a common practice in Europe or is it because she normally does not live in the Château in the winter. We lived in a circa 1929 colonial that was heated with hot water/boiler radiator system we certainly did not have to do that. Only had to bleed the air out of the system periodicall
[/QUOTE]
same here, never heard of anti freeze in a heatingsystem too...

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
'What is apparent is it seems this change happened around the time PJ came on the scene, and Selmar's crush was crushed.'

This came to mind. Looks like they filmed the indoor shots at Lalande.😂

They used to creep me out when I was a kid.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I stopped watching the vlogs,I only watch Dan the man, the chateau needs gutted from the top to the bottom, dont thing there is one clean room in it, I hate when Dan goes into the kitchen,it needs a good clean, why spend money on stupid things to put into dirty rooms..needs to employ 3 good cleaners to clean the chateau out and then start one room till it is finished her office has been a dump for months now.She never learns.Sorry Rant over

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My brother is a toolmaker.It is a highly skilled job and reasonably well paid, in the UK you would get £32,000 -35,000 a year.
but it wouldn't pay you enough to buy a chateau though!
I do wonder if he has lived in his van to cut living expenses ( he said he had for 10 years ) and just saved up his wages to buy a building for his ballroom?
Its possible...in privious videos you can see him working on a daycare...also doing ballroomdancing and festivals in a tent....i cant get my finger on his finances..btw is it possible to get a mortgage in France with a businessplan alone??

Reactions: 9
Every time I see this I shudder…

I know, right? I watched a vlog from a England recently, people were bundled up against the “bitter cold!”…it was minus five. I laughed and laughed. Try minus forty…
England is quite damp too and the feeling of cold can be hard.
I tried 7 degrees in à very damp country. And I tried a minus 25 in à dry air region.

There’s no comparison. I much prefer the minus 25 than the 7 degrees 🙂

I had a giggle at "very cold" + "-20°C"
Our Canadian winters can easily reach -30°C. And then feel worse with a wind chill. But, our houses are very well insulated, with central heat. I'm always so surprised at the lack of insulation in some houses I see in the UK and France. But then, the climate is milder there (in some places)
And your canadien summers ? Just curious 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I always wonder who said, in ancient times, in areas of extreme cold, here is the place to build a city.

• Haha
  • Heart
can reach +30..35 °C. sometimes a real feel of +40°C.
Thanks
Summers in the Alpes, Jura and Pyrénées are very hot over 2 or 3 months in à row. Between 28 and 35 and can reach 38 +.
Feeling much more, I can assure you.
The worse would be the nights which are hot too (hard to sleep).

Interesting comparison. Thanks again.

Reactions: 7
So much going on in the live chat yesterday. I'll start with Celeste and Jason Dubey. Have they been enlisted to restart the live chat donations???This attempt was not a huge success. Kim Gordon paid to be recognized for her recent gift.

Céleste R @Jason Dubey Hello, have you been at LAlande OR aare you going soon?
Jason Dubey @Celeste R I am going to Paris and Germany for 22 days in October and November, and yes will be at Lelande for five days
Jason Dubey @Brenda M just dealing with some very annoying and 'sensitive' types in our Cabin neighborhood in the Forest where we had the horrific fire recently.

Jason Dubey If anyone here is not a patron, but considering becoming one, I can say it feels good to give to this cause. I am Dauphin of Lelande, but if that is too much for some of you please consider $5
Jason Dubey @Elizabeth rial When you are ready it's really easy, and it is true that every dollar counts.
Borg E @Jason Dubey Is there a way to give one time contribution outside Patreon?
elizabeth rial @Jason Dubey - I want to be patron's for all of the chateaus...
Sandi Foster @Jason Dubey i am a patron of dans....
Borg E @Jason Dubey Is there a way to give one time contribution outside Patreon?
Jason Dubey @Borg E I think you can do it right here. I will try now. click on the $ button below and see what happens.

Jason Dubey
$5.00
Testing one two three, testing.....
The Chateau Diaries @Jason Dubey Thanks Jason!!!
Jason Dubey@The Chateau Diaries testing....

1633356773114.png

Céleste R
£5.00
Soon baby soon - Can't wait
The Chateau Diaries @Céleste R I can’t believe how soon now! Thank you

Borg E
$5.00
The Chateau Diaries @Borg E Thank you very, very much!
Jason Dubey @Borg E Cool! I tried to give a second amount but my bank flagged it until I get it cleared.

kim gordon
$9.99
I was wondering if you tried the shampoo and conditioner bars. And if you liked them.
The Chateau Diaries @Kim gordon I’m using them regularly! Especially the shampoo - I’m alternating the conditioner with a deep conditioning mask. They’re great! Thank you!

Joy Casto
$4.99
The Chateau Diaries @Joy Casto Thank you very, very much, Joy!

Borg E
$5.00
The Chateau Diaries @Borg E Wow! That’s really kind of you, thank you!

• Sick
  • Wow
What was the comment about Dan wearing yesterday’s clothes and did he sleep over. I thought he only lived 15 mins away. The only reason he would need to stay over would be if he had drunk too much to drive. So what, he’s there partying and staying all night while Annaliese is home with the boys…. I’m not thinking good thoughts about Dan right now.
and where would he sleep? Do they have a designated drunk tank room? or with who ever gives the nod!

• Angry
Reactions: 12
So much going on in the live chat yesterday. I'll start with Celeste and Jason Dubey. Have they been enlisted to restart the live chat donations???This attempt was not a huge success. Kim Gordon paid to be recognized for her recent gift.

Céleste R @Jason Dubey Hello, have you been at LAlande OR aare you going soon?
Jason Dubey @Celeste R I am going to Paris and Germany for 22 days in October and November, and yes will be at Lelande for five days
Jason Dubey @Brenda M just dealing with some very annoying and 'sensitive' types in our Cabin neighborhood in the Forest where we had the horrific fire recently.

Jason Dubey If anyone here is not a patron, but considering becoming one, I can say it feels good to give to this cause. I am Dauphin of Lelande, but if that is too much for some of you please consider $5
Jason Dubey @Elizabeth rial When you are ready it's really easy, and it is true that every dollar counts.
elizabeth rial @Jason Dubey - I want to be patron's for all of the chateaus...
Sandi Foster @Jason Dubey i am a patron of dans....
Jason Dubey @Borg E I think you can do it right here. I will try now. click on the $ button below and see what happens.

Jason Dubey
$5.00
Testing one two three, testing.....
The Chateau Diaries @Jason Dubey Thanks Jason!!!
Jason Dubey@The Chateau Diaries testing....

View attachment 793866
Céleste R
£5.00
Soon baby soon - Can't wait
The Chateau Diaries @Céleste R I can’t believe how soon now! Thank you

Borg E
$5.00
The Chateau Diaries @Borg E Thank you very, very much!
Jason Dubey @Borg E Cool! I tried to give a second amount but my bank flagged it until I get it cleared.

kim gordon
$9.99
I was wondering if you tried the shampoo and conditioner bars. And if you liked them.
The Chateau Diaries @Kim gordon I’m using them regularly! Especially the shampoo - I’m alternating the conditioner with a deep conditioning mask. They’re great! Thank you!

Joy Casto
$4.99
The Chateau Diaries @Joy Casto Thank you very, very much, Joy!

Borg E
$5.00
The Chateau Diaries @Borg E Wow! That’s really kind of you, thank you!
I wonder how they declare this money to the tax office ??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
@MojoDublin can I create a second account here? I’d like to criticize Dan about something but I rather want to do it with a New Member identity, as it seems common practice.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Well to be fair who the hell is blowing out birthday candles with their germs during a pandemic? Blowing germs all over a cake should be a thing of the past :sick:
They continue to be oblivious..Tragic.

Reactions: 6
I’ll be the LaLande unicorn from woodland watch. Garden gate not painted annoys me daily.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.