Chateau Diaries #71 Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone catch the couple dancing in the courtyard? It was when sj was Talking to Emilio and he was cooking dinner! It caught my eye and I thought it was so ,so odd! It was at the 9:41 time frame..Sorry I do not know take a picture and post it here.
Another lol moment from this vlog. Strangely it gave me "and the band played on while the Titanic sank" vibes. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
That woman gets so much money every month.... like I have said before ... if I went "crazy" and bought a chateau the fist thing I would do besides the roof is the heating and she has the $$ for a state of the art heating service for that joint!
Oh..... and she has the money for a guy to service it and check it out every year too !
Yes, but her goal in life is not to have a beautifully restored shattoo filled with beautiful things, her goal in life is to have an entourage of nutters that kiss the ground she walks on and who's only wish is to please her. Her own family got tired of doing that full time, her best friends ditto, so now she needs to maintain a truncated, miserable state of her court to keep the influx of new nutters going.

Did we all also noticed that her newest escape from her tit pile was announced when saying goodbye to Kat? They will soon meet up in London and SJ is bringing her shutterdog Snorty, obviously.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Yes, but her goal in life is not to have a beautifully restored shattoo filled with beautiful things, her goal in life is to have an entourage of nutters that kiss the ground she walks on and who's only wish is to please her.
It would drive me mad having that place in the mess its in Clara .... and for soooo long too!!
I just don't get it but ....... I am not her so I don't think that way.
Still.....I would have to have it renovated by now or sell the dump! :cautious::love:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
What I did notice was the total fake resolution in SSB voice … re the radiator

oh well they weren’t nice ones - 16 years ago and very ugly ….
Need to replace them
What with the ones the flurries have ??

talked to a plumber …. As SHE knows you have to blead the system IF it hasent been on during the summer
All the rads could possibly have an air lock !!!

you just don’t TURN the system on. !!!

so guess patrons WONT have to pay for new rads
She broke it herself …. Will have to be an insurance claim

they might have been old …. But they still worked … even if they were ugly

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Once again the optics aren't very good for Philippe, are they? Everybody running around, more or less doing something and he is in his study playing with baubles? I find the two current volunteers Emilio and Marie (the baker/ cook) sweet and could have more screen time.
I really like Emilio and Marie too. Sadly they are already gone. Emilio had to be back for his classes that started October 1st, and Marie said good-bye in Dan's video, though it sounds like she's hoping to come back at Christmas.

Reactions: 12
So....guess who I chose to be for this challenge....I thought about being Gerry but couldn't quite bring myself to pull the trigger on that one...LOL

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Or possibly just reached through the shelves because they have open backs ???
Well, might not be a problem for someone with long arms...but I don't recall anyone with freakishly long arms there....LOL...Stephanie had to squeeze her way in but once in there she had room to hunker down while Amaury went downstairs to check the radiators.

Reactions: 5
I think he said he's had it to give to her for a while, and I assume he was working on it on the side while he was in the UK finishing selling their business.

I also think he's my least favorite of the Lacelles ... he's the one who has all the ideas and gets his way at their place. .... seems like a spoilted mummy's boy too.
This is the family of the councillor who got so much stick from his constituents for being in France during lockdown instead of in Middlesborough, isn't it? Wonder if he is still a councillor now that they have moved to France.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
probably the pissed off one isnt very happy with a cold room?? and no shower ....luckily the one at the back had her pearls on.. :rolleyes: and a sweater..
It must be freezing over there !
I grew up in a 17th century manor in France not far from Berry. Autumn and winter can be very cold.
Our heating worked well but still, it was hard to keep all the rooms nice and warm with their high ceilings.

I can say that what I remember from this time is...the cold INSIDE the house.

I can only imagine how their guests must feel with their big jumpers while having à birthday dinner... And no hot water ?!
🥶🥶🥶

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I can’t imagine how Selmar would have enough $$$$ to buy a château unless he still has every penny he ever earned, as Le Comte mentioned he was not to the manor borne. I don’t believe from his description of his job, maybe he was a draftsman, that he was a high income earner. It was difficult to discern from his description. How long has he known Tatty. A hot 10 minutes! Sounds like such a bad financial decision on both their parts.

No but she apparently is casting shade on tattle! The nerve!
I seem to recall that Selmar once said that he had been a toolmaker. - very skilled occupation.

Did anyone catch the couple dancing in the courtyard? It was when sj was Talking to Emilio and he was cooking dinner! It caught my eye and I thought it was so ,so odd! It was at the 9:41 time frame..Sorry I do not know take a picture and post it here.
I hadn't noticed it before. They can certainly dance!

Last edited:
I seem to recall that Selmar once said that he had been a toolmaker. - very skilled occupation.
My brother is a toolmaker.It is a highly skilled job and reasonably well paid, in the UK you would get £32,000 -35,000 a year.
but it wouldn't pay you enough to buy a chateau though!
I do wonder if he has lived in his van to cut living expenses ( he said he had for 10 years ) and just saved up his wages to buy a building for his ballroom?

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
<-------- Animal luv here. Fav unfinished project.

I think. ? I won't give her views.

Might need to change this daily. Also shutterdogs. The lake. Tandoori oven though I'm not clear if that made it on any to do list.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Then shoved it against a grimey wall so you can't see the specially printed 'Chateaux LaLande' fabric on the back :oops:
Its beautifully upholstered but such a pity he didn't reglue the joints and stretchers. It will be too wobbly to sit on and may collapse over time.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I totally disagree with this Thomas Bee guy. Why should SJ -- and really, it is Patreons and YouTube -- pay to improve Nic's apartment? Nic invested in it. Nic and Marie should be paying to improve their own apartment. If they can't afford it themselves, then they can't afford the apartment, SELL THE APARTMENT. Tough poopsies. Happens to a lot of people.

Don't be asking Patreons to pay for what you cannot afford.

This is where Stephanie's superfans have bought into her framing of who is responsible for paying for the chateau.
Nic and Marie have always said they want to pay for their apartment with their own money. And that's the reason why it's taking so long.

At least, that's what we have been told in the vlogs.

Reactions: 10
looks like Selmar & ?
I doubt this is Selmar - they seem to have a proper ballroom frame and can really move, as you can see in the clip but not so clear in the screenshots.

Another lol moment from this vlog. Strangely it gave me "and the band played on while the Titanic sank" vibes. :ROFLMAO:
I thought that Emilio really sounded like Cat as he listed his ingredients "from the garden."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I am confused as to the reason for the anti freeze in the water of the heating system. Is this a common practice in Europe or is it because she normally does not live in the Château in the winter. We lived in a circa 1929 colonial that was heated with hot water/boiler radiator system we certainly did not have to do that. Only had to bleed the air out of the system periodicall
[/QUOTE]
Never heard of it either. Must be because they don't heat the building properly during winter. A nightmare !

• Wow
That's my only issue with the plan... if we have to pick our fav at the chateaux there are going to be a lot of Ruby, Diesel, etc. avatars.... maybe we could all pick our fav unfinished project instead?? :D
My favorite unfinished project? It would have to be…the gardeners cottage! Just a shell, with a kitchen built for an AGA. No bedroom, no bathroom, no oak staircase. Dan will get his studio done before that gardeners cottage is anywhere close to finished!

Do you think my new (temporary!) avatar is too pathetic? 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
My favorite unfinished project? It would have to be…the gardeners cottage! Just a shell, with a kitchen built for an AGA. No bedroom, no bathroom, no oak staircase. Dan will get his studio done before that gardeners cottage is anywhere close to finished!

Do you think my new (temporary!) avatar is too pathetic? 😆
Dan could get his studio finished before Michael Pathetic managed to get the lid off his Farrow and Ball paint tin!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.