Chateau Diaries #71 Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
snorts :: all’s he can talk about is dead ppl
SSB:: everything reminds her of dead ppl

Clearly that makes them pair the walking dead 💀
So sick of hearing about his dead grandparents dead ornaments and her darling dead daddy's dead daubs. Sorry you had a bereavement. Now get yourselves into therapy!

My favorite unfinished project? It would have to be…the gardeners cottage! Just a shell, with a kitchen built for an AGA. No bedroom, no bathroom, no oak staircase. Dan will get his studio done before that gardeners cottage is anywhere close to finished!

Do you think my new (temporary!) avatar is too pathetic? 😆
Its paarfect!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Dan could get his studio finished before Michael Pathetic managed to get the lid off his Farrow and Ball paint tin!
It might help the project go faster if MPK didn’t have to fix those pesky issues that pop up in the cottage…due to abandonment!!! Why do it once when you can do it multiple times? And send the bill to the Patreons! 😆 That’s how we roll on “Doing It Ourselves…Multiple Times…Again and Again”

Reactions: 17
Isn't their a hot water bottle in each guest room,? Complimentary of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It must be freezing over there !
I grew up in a 17th century manor in France not far from Berry. Autumn and winter can be very cold.
Our heating worked well but still, it was hard to keep all the rooms nice and warm with their high ceilings.

I can say that what I remember from this time is...the cold INSIDE the house.

I can only imagine how their guests must feel with their big jumpers while having à birthday dinner... And no hot water ?!
🥶🥶🥶
Bet they don't get a refund!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Form
-> they might need to fill in a form with all the details, address, bank details , tax number etc (in their role as a 3rd party supplier for example) which is then used to add Lalande into Christie's accounting system/supplier module , and will ultimately enable them to process any refund of expenses or remuneration
Maybe they needed it for her tax return to show to the two accountants she needs to prepare them. I would seriously hate to get that job!

Re. cold temperatures in France :

France has 3 different climates :
- Mediterranean climate (hot summers - mild winters)
- Continental climate (hot summers - cold winters)
- Oceanic climate (temperate climate)

Of course, this can be variable depending on the geography :

- In montains (Alps, Pyrennees, Jura), the winters are very cold. One place in Jura is known as the "little Siberia" (up to - 20 C). But the summers can be very hot too.
- In Auvergne (montains Massif Central), winters are very cold too.
- In Berry, they are at the limit beween Oceanic (temperate, moderate) and Continental (colder winters - warmer summers). I would say that the temperatures in winter can reach - 8 C (sometimes).

BUT : Keep in mind that the feeling can change with the humidity level in the air (dampness) too. In a dry air (the Alps or Pyrenees for ex), negative temperatures are easier to bear than a good 7 degrees Celsius in a damp region.

And Berry region is very damp...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I just watched Dan's vlog...He was so excited to get another drone...like a kid with a new toy!. I know people will say something negative about it but I can't because I remember getting just as excited when I got my new ipad...and even back in the day when I got a new sewing machine....it's the little things....:m:m:m:m
I agree but I wish I wouldn’t read your posts in Cat’s voice now though 😀

• Haha
Do you think the lack of heating at Chateau will be given as the reason why, for the first time in years, there is no Christmas at La La? It would mean she could travel anywhere and everywhere for months. This would allow vlogs purely on travel. Not sure with Davey's plans when the building works will begin in the garden. Filming duringvthis period could be messy/difficult.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Do you think the lack of heating at Chateau will be given as the reason why, for the first time in years, there is no Christmas at La La? It would mean she could travel anywhere and everywhere for months. This would allow vlogs purely on travel. Not sure with Davey's plans when the building works will begin in the garden. Filming duringvthis period could be messy/difficult.
She’s going to SA for Christmas

Reactions: 9
Oh thanks. I thought SA was post Christmas. That explains the early filmed Advent calendars.

Reactions: 11
That's my only issue with the plan... if we have to pick our fav at the chateaux there are going to be a lot of Ruby, Diesel, etc. avatars.... maybe we could all pick our fav unfinished project instead?? :D
PS Mine is chainsaws
The downstairs loo!

Reactions: 7
This is the family of the councillor who got so much stick from his constituents for being in France during lockdown instead of in Middlesborough, isn't it? Wonder if he is still a councillor now that they have moved to France.
I think I'd be peeved if I was a constituent. Wonder if he still claimed council expenses?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Well to be fair who the hell is blowing out birthday candles with their germs during a pandemic? Blowing germs all over a cake should be a thing of the past :sick:
Every time I see this I shudder…

I don’t know, I was born and lived most of my life in Ottawa which is colder than Moscow and we Canadian’s are a smiley bunch. Favourite unfinished project hard to choose there are so many but I guess the downstairs bathroom
I know, right? I watched a vlog from a England recently, people were bundled up against the “bitter cold!”…it was minus five. I laughed and laughed. Try minus forty…

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I think I'd be peeved if I was a constituent. Wonder if he still claimed council expenses?

There was another one in Kent who had moved to France and not mentioned it!

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.