Chateau Diaries #71 Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did the intro to CD vlog sound different to anyone else? The voice tone and inflection sounded quite different this time.
The audio can be changed (slowed or sped up) by the editor. Great way to draw out/kill time on a video.

Reactions: 1
Is anyone here a patron/follower of the Lalacelles?
Did that visit and homage to the Princess of Lalande pay off with new patrons and followers?
That's a nice chair though.
cd98.png

Shall we start calling that new bathroom, The Bird Bath?
cd99.png

Didn't anyone mention the horrible state of their heating system on the last thread?
Looks like the geothermal heating system that was supposed to be conveniently manageable for one woman now takes
5 people to maintain/fix.
cd100.png

Hanukkah comes early this year....late November!
I guess BJJ is as excited as I am for the holidays! 🎄
cd101.png

That paint job was most likely done by two first-graders from Ecole Crevant in 2005!
cd103.png

Dan and his work wife should buy and renovate a chateau too! They could doll it up in a year! ;) :LOL:
cd102.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
The weather in France just is so erratic it seems. One day blistering hot, then rain, rain, rain, and now cold. Like how cold is cold? When it gets to around 20° F here, we call it cold. It is still around 89° F day wise.... down to about 78° here today. We NEED rain!!
I don’t know, I was born and lived most of my life in Ottawa which is colder than Moscow and we Canadian’s are a smiley bunch. Favourite unfinished project hard to choose there are so many but I guess the downstairs bathroom

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Can you guess my favorite unfinished project?
I just asked who was going to be that downstairs loo!!!! 😆 :ROFLMAO:😆:ROFLMAO:😆:ROFLMAO:😆

Well to be fair who the hell is blowing out birthday candles with their germs during a pandemic? Blowing germs all over a cake should be a thing of the past :sick:
Maybe a new tradition should be a separate cupcake with a single candle just for the birthday person then they can blow their germs on it and then eat them right back up!!!... :m :m :m :m

I couldn't wait to change my avatar! Do you remember him?
Sadly, no...who is he?

Reactions: 9
Sadly, no...who is he?
He's the lumberjack from episode 89, Hugo, a Dutch guy who flew in from Calgary, Alberta Canada (my home town growing up, so he stuck in my memory), spent a day at La Lande cutting down a tree or 2 behind the chapel, and then left to get back to Amsterdam to catch the ballet, Romeo & Juliette as the prima ballerina was doing her last performance before retiring. He's so cute! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The best I can do: Payment form/from(?) Christie's Timestamp 26:04

View attachment 793304

Edited - A better close-up of the inscription.
Now, in case the original receipt goes missing, or the bank gets broken and all official paperwork disappears they can cut off snorts arm and present it to the accountant. See that's the way to do your taxes and get rid of snorty piece by piece. 😈

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Patroen on YouTube obviously extend past the original definition of a patronage. It has been altered to encompass YouTubers who are creating video art. That's the point of it. Not that one literally has to make art piece for them to open up a Patreon account .

Reactions: 2
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Did anyone catch the couple dancing in the courtyard? It was when sj was Talking to Emilio and he was cooking dinner! It caught my eye and I thought it was so ,so odd! It was at the 9:41 time frame..Sorry I do not know take a picture and post it here.
Well observed! How odd...!

Reactions: 9
So the opera singing doctor (Kent?) first called in to the Fleuries. Must be on a grand tour of Chateauxland.

I love that the fluorescent yellow dahlia than Anna disliked is the exact colour of the third hand trashy yellow evening dress!

The older lady with a bow in her hair, standing by the dining table when they brought out the birthday cake reminds me of Esme Young from The Great British Sewing Bee.
I really need to keep notes! When things like the fluorescent yellow dahlia (and recently in discussions about their kitchen remodel) come up in the fleuries vlog, it almost feels that they're dropping little "Easter eggs" here and there - snubs to SJ. And I have to giggle/snort.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
1. When are all the owners of the chateaux SJ and entourage stayed at, coming to stay at La La?
2. When is the annual sumner party for Patreons?
3. Shutterdogs, shutterdogs, shutterdogs - my favourite project. Also my new name for Christine Lambert. Like a dog barking constantly telling people to shut up. Hi Christine or friends reading here - you can now tell all your friends.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Once again the optics aren't very good for Philippe, are they? Everybody running around, more or less doing something and he is in his study playing with baubles? I find the two current volunteers Emilio and Marie (the baker/ cook) sweet and could have more screen time.

Reactions: 13
Did anyone catch the couple dancing in the courtyard? It was when sj was Talking to Emilio and he was cooking dinner! It caught my eye and I thought it was so ,so odd! It was at the 9:41 time frame..Sorry I do not know take a picture and post it here.
looks like Selmar & ?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.