Charlotte Louise Taylor #3 Marriage is a no, plastic’s gotta go, nothing really matters when your toes are on show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't feel sorry for her at all. It sounds like Mark has always been open about his views on marriage and as long as that's true then shes made that choice. If my husband had of told me early on that he never wanted to get married then I may not have gotten into a serious relationship with him (obviously glad I did). Marriage isn't for everyone, he can't be blamed for that I don't think.
Very good point

But if she told him she really wants to get married then she’s been open and honest with her and has chosen to be with her? Why is it just the woman so has to make the compromise. It works both ways

Reactions: 7
He’s got his cake and is eating it too. Marriage provides securities that would benefit Charlotte and their children, he should want to make sure she is as protected as possible. I honestly think it’s kind of selfish!

Reactions: 8
He probably does want to get married he just told her he doesn’t because he knows he would get absoloutely no say in the wedding as she probably already has the perfect Instagram proposal, hen do, stag do, ceremony and honeymoon all planned out. 😬

I can picture exactly what she would look like on her wedding day. How she’d do her hair, make-up, and what kind of dress she’d wear. It would all be very instagram.

Reactions: 3
Problem is, does Charlotte want the wedding for the reasons stated above or does she want the fancy instagram wedding? I believe it's the latter, if Mark suggested nipping into a registry office and doing it on the sly do you think she would be equally as into it? I personally don't think so and therefore I fully get why he's probably not into it. It's another personal part of his life he probably doesn't want plastered on social media.

Reactions: 4
Problem is, does Charlotte want the wedding for the reasons stated above or does she want the fancy instagram wedding? I believe it's the latter, if Mark suggested nipping into a registry office and doing it on the sly do you think she would be equally as into it? I personally don't think so and therefore I fully get why he's probably not into it. It's another personal part of his life he probably doesn't want plastered on social media.
I dunno, I think she’d take whatever was on offer to be Mrs Taylor

Reactions: 2
You make your terms at the start during those get to know you chats ,
I agree Charlotte made her choice if mark was open about it.
I guess she was hoping she could change his mind with all her fancy cooking ,
As someone said sometimes you really do want some beans on toast or egg n chips , good food has its place and is delicious, but I must admit that when I come back from holiday I’m always glad for a bit of plain British grub ,
A tin of Heinz tomato and a crusty roll on a rainy day haha 😂

Reactions: 4
If by some miracle he DOES propose can you imagine all the ‘I can’t believe I was the girl to change his mind’ stuff. I’m cringing thinking about it.

• Haha
It will be just really, really lovely haha

“And then mark proposed. And it was sooooo unexpected. And I was so chuffed. Because I just never expected a man like Mark to choose me! and I’m so happy. And it was just really really lovely.”

😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
She reads here religiously so she'll know what we're all saying. Wonder how she is going to play it, if he doesnt propose 🤣 She cant help but respond to things on here. Expect lots of "I used to want to get married, but I don't any more. My life is so so perfect and lovely, I dont need a ring!"

• Heart
If by some miracle he DOES propose can you imagine all the ‘I can’t believe I was the girl to change his mind’ stuff. I’m cringing thinking about it.
Yes, and she will adore telling us about it whilst looking into the distance, holding a brew, having just sent them all skipping off to the park after she's put a wash on. There'll be some bunting flapping about and a lot of fake foliage in the slightly blurred background. Such a good egg. (I'm annoying myself now tbh).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
And she’ll have in a long sleeved ‘chunky knit’ which she pulls down over her hands

Except her ring finger of course

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh god. I can envisage the insta post. Full of sentences that stop halfway through, about how she had absolutely no idea that mark had been planning this. How completely unexpected it was an old how oh so perfect it was, just like mark himself. A real life fairytale. 😷

Reactions: 3
It is the perfect ring and exactly what I would have chosen it’s just lovely 😊
Oh and if it happens be prepared for a lot of lovely 😂

Reactions: 2
If he has booked a trip 13 months ago to propose to her, does anybody else not think that’s a bit cruel to have made her wait 13 months for the proposal?

Reactions: 1
Has he even mentioned a proposal or hinted at one?

Because it’s her fault if she’s disappointed

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.