Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been on tattle a while but I had no idea Carrie had her own thread. It's so good to see it's not just me thinking she's a snob 🙊 You guys are spot one with some of these comments, I'm actually laughing a bit.

Just wanted to add a little something to say I've seen a few posts saying her brother and friends from YouTube brought her to west end popularity but wasn't it her parents? I thought she once mentioned they were famous too in the industry and that's why she knows so many stars. I could be wrong though

Reactions: 4
I feel so bad for Oliver in these daily videos. He barely gets a word in. Even when he's telling an anecdote shes just waiting to talk over him and bring it back to herself

Reactions: 3
I've been on tattle a while but I had no idea Carrie had her own thread. It's so good to see it's not just me thinking she's a snob 🙊 You guys are spot one with some of these comments, I'm actually laughing a bit.

Just wanted to add a little something to say I've seen a few posts saying her brother and friends from YouTube brought her to west end popularity but wasn't it her parents? I thought she once mentioned they were famous too in the industry and that's why she knows so many stars. I could be wrong though
If you can afford the right agent, you can get what you like 😂 One of her co-stars in Heathers is the same. Nepotism is rife in Theatre & Film, most famous actors are either already wealthy or have actor/producer parents. Just the way it goes sadly 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2

According to Carrie her parents are working class, salt of the earth types who worked around the clock to send their kids to stage school. Her mum's a teacher and her dad worked in a Kodak factory. Despite the fact they were (apparently) living hand to mouth, they still managed to go on holiday to Disneyland and Tom and Carrie went to pitch a movie idea to Steven Spielberg.

But yknow, it's not privilege it's because her parents work really hard. Unlike other people's parents who just sit around scratching their arses and spending all their money on pickle.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
One of her co-stars in Heathers is the same.
Oooh which one!?
Also I’m pretty sure Carrie said that her parents were chaperones in the West End, which is probably why they are so well connected (Tom was in Oliver and Carrie in Mary Poppins, Les Mis and Chitty)

It could be that her parents chaperoning came after her/Tom getting cast. If your kid is performing it’s quite handy and practical for both you and the company if you qualify as a chaperone instead of dropping off and picking up.

Reactions: 1
Seeing as she has been to disney world as an child at least 10 times (in 2015 she went to Orlando for the 15th time), I don't believe she knows what working class means

• Heart
Reactions: 12
According to Carrie her parents are working class, salt of the earth types who worked around the clock to send their kids to stage school. Her mum's a teacher and her dad worked in a Kodak factory. Despite the fact they were (apparently) living hand to mouth, they still managed to go on holiday to Disneyland and Tom and Carrie went to pitch a movie idea to Steven Spielberg.

But yknow, it's not privilege it's because her parents work really hard. Unlike other people's parents who just sit around scratching their arses and spending all their money on pickle.
Exactly.

I've said this on another forum but she has been to Disney over 10 times. I've been fortunate to go twice, once when I was 5 and the second, I was 25.

My parents had relatively good jobs and we would be probably what you'd class "middle class" We never went back again because it was so expensive.

I only went back because I was fortunate enough to have a relative living their at the time.

If you look at how much it costs for two people, you're looking at 2k easily before park tickets and food costs.

I'm sorry but if you are living"hand to mouth" you cannot afford to do that many times.

I don't have any issues with people going that many times but check your privilege. It's embarrassing to try and claim you're working class when you're evidently not.

She is lucky and privileged.

Yes, she has a nice voice but I have heard better. She can't act or dance. Her brothers influence and wealth have led her where she is now.

I genuinely believe if she didn't have that she wouldn't be where she is now.

Also, there nothing wrong with being privileged, I just take issue with what Carrie is saying because she's wrong.

I feel like she's either playing the ignorance card or won't admit how lucky she is.

I don't believe for one minute she doesn't know what working class and privilege mean.

Last edited:
Seeing as she has been to disney world as an child at least 10 times (in 2015 she went to Orlando for the 15th time), I don't believe she knows what working class means
10 times as a child? Jesus I went once when I was three because my parents managed to get heavily discounted tickets through my grandad- we literally DROVE across the country to take the eurostar and we snuck stuff out of the hotel breakfast because my parents couldn't afford to buy us any food in the park.

My children adore Disney like every other child it kills me I could never afford to take them there. Hate people who brag about going there it hurts.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
10 times as a child? Jesus I went once when I was three because my parents managed to get heavily discounted tickets through my grandad- we literally DROVE across the country to take the eurostar and we snuck stuff out of the hotel breakfast because my parents couldn't afford to buy us any food in the park.
I think she said in one of the lockdown videos that she's been to Disney about 22 times, the first time when she was 2 years old.

I went to Florida twice in my younger years - once when I was 12 and again when I was 15. I’m 29 now and my mum is still probably paying it off now!

Carrie's mom say Carrie didn't grow up with privilege because her /the mom/ has anxiety.
Once upon a time Carrie started to realized about her privilege but her fans and mom were NOOOOO IS NOT TRUE so

My dad worked at Kodak and at the time (15 odd years ago) was on 40k. Carrie’s dad was slightly higher up so would have been on more

Reactions: 8
I find both her and her brother super annoying. He was always the irritating one in McFly. I was just having a little look on wiki and he went to Sylvia Young and she was doing adverts at age 5?? Pushy stage parents much??

Reactions: 9
And you are talking about Disney Paris, which is much less expensive than what they were doing going to Orlando.

If you can afford the right agent, you can get what you like 😂 One of her co-stars in Heathers is the same. Nepotism is rife in Theatre & Film, most famous actors are either already wealthy or have actor/producer parents. Just the way it goes sadly 🤷‍♀️
ooh who is the other co-star?

I find both her and her brother super annoying. He was always the irritating one in McFly. I was just having a little look on wiki and he went to Sylvia Young and she was doing adverts at age 5?? Pushy stage parents much??
Yes, absolutely. That industry is 90% money and contacts 10% talent. Which is just the way it is but Carrie suggesting otherwise is very dissolutional and not helpful to anyone! It’s very hard work not just fluffing about pretending to write books.

No, look at her Disneyworld vlogs, she talks proudly about how many times she has gone.
I think they meant DietGossip was talking about Disneyland Paris. Carrie has only been to DLP a few times.WDW, in Orlando, is way more expensive to go to from the UK (because trips are usually 2 weeks).

Disneyland Paris, if you went for a day to day comparison, would be more expensive but nobody goes there for 2 week.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.