Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wait a minute, Tom Fletcher is her brother?! How did I not know that :ROFLMAO:
I watched the into the unknown cover on her YouTube last night, I think it’d been a live. Oh my life it was awful, especially towards the end I think from about 2 mins

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Wait a minute, Tom Fletcher is her brother?! How did I not know that :ROFLMAO:
I watched the into the unknown cover on her YouTube last night, I think it’d been a live. Oh my life it was awful, especially towards the end I think from about 2 mins
Yeah he's literally the only reason she got big on youtube in the first place

Reactions: 9
And the only reason she was able to meet with people in the performing industry and get her foot in the door. No matter what she says.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone remember that video she did a few years ago about being "aware of her privilege"?

But it wasn't anything to do with privilege. One of the point she did to try acknowledge it was that her parents ferrying her to and throw from Drama clubs was being "privileged"

I think she forgot to look up the definition in a dictionary before she recorded that video.

Reactions: 5
Ok, really petty of me to get annoyed by this, but she posted a story on Instagram today about how she finished recording an audiobook after four days, and goes oon about how much of an achievement it is. Don't get me wrong, it does take a long time to record an audiobook, and it is a real job, but it is just annoying that she needs to point out that she worked super hard. It'd be so dull and strange/weirdly bragging if I posted on Instagram "Today I finished a report that is soo many pages long, and it took me two weeks, it's such an achievement"

Reactions: 4
Ok, really petty of me to get annoyed by this, but she posted a story on Instagram today about how she finished recording an audiobook after four days, and goes oon about how much of an achievement it is. Don't get me wrong, it does take a long time to record an audiobook, and it is a real job, but it is just annoying that she needs to point out that she worked super hard. It'd be so dull and strange/weirdly bragging if I posted on Instagram "Today I finished a report that is soo many pages long, and it took me two weeks, it's such an achievement"
I'm surprised she calls it work to be honest, considering how much she loves the sound of her own voice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Coming here off the back of another of those ‘good morning world’ vids and I think I’ve realised precisely what it is about Carries demeanour that bugs me. When Oliver speaks she doesn’t listen with the intent to understand, but rather is just waiting for her turn to speak. Carrie was talking about how a guy came to stage door with professionally printed bikini pictures of her and another female cast mate. She mentions that it made her uncomfortable but can’t figure out why (????? the guy was v obviously a creepy lmao.)

So Oliver offers up a very reasonable explanation for why the behaviour was inappropriate. Carrie just sits there pulling faces and then once Oliver has finished talking goes ‘Yeah .... I dunno what it is’ and then immediately changes the subject? It was so weird and dismissive haha. She really doesn’t suit doing videos with someone else.

Reactions: 11
Coming here off the back of another of those ‘good morning world’ vids and I think I’ve realised precisely what it is about Carries demeanour that bugs me. When Oliver speaks she doesn’t listen with the intent to understand, but rather is just waiting for her turn to speak. Carrie was talking about how a guy came to stage door with professionally printed bikini pictures of her and another female cast mate. She mentions that it made her uncomfortable but can’t figure out why (????? the guy was v obviously a creepy lmao.)

So Oliver offers up a very reasonable explanation for why the behaviour was inappropriate. Carrie just sits there pulling faces and then once Oliver has finished talking goes ‘Yeah .... I dunno what it is’ and then immediately changes the subject? It was so weird and dismissive haha. She really doesn’t suit doing videos with someone else.
I think it just cements that she has a high opinion of herself and thinks the sun shines out of her arse.

I really hope Oliver finds someone better, I'm sorry but she really doesn't deserve him at all.

Reactions: 3
yeah but I think most of it was that she went out with Alex (I want to say Day???) before that whole sex scandal thing and he went off to become a monk or some such 🤷‍♀️
Either way pure talent it most certainly was not.
p.s. no idea why I was drawn to this thread! Used to love watching some of this crowd on YouTube when I was a teen and now literally not thought about them in years!

Reactions: 7
I downloaded 'the flatshare' off audible and she was the narrator. Never really paid much attention to her prior but noticed she had a thread on here. But her voice was so bad I ended up returning the book after 1 chapter. So unbearably posh and over enunciated, took away from the story and the characters, by the end of the first chapter I was so irritated by her.

I downloaded 'the flatshare' off audible and she was the narrator. Never really paid much attention to her prior but noticed she had a thread on here. But her voice was so bad I ended up returning the book after 1 chapter. So unbearably posh and over enunciated, took away from the story and the characters, by the end of the first chapter I was so irritated by her.
She seems to think that over enunciating things like a stage school kid or an American trying to do an English accent is terribly charming. It's not.

I think everyone realises this but speaking from the perspective of a parent of a grown up child trying to make it in performing arts, when she says she wasn’t privileged she is either deluded or lying.

Sweet mother of god, that Into The Unknown ending is horrific! She tried to chalk it up to nervousness?! She has been performing and making YT videos for years and years and years... She’s not nervous she’s fucked her voice 😦

Reactions: 2
Again, as a mum who has seen her daughter go through performing arts training (I swear I’m not a dance mom) her voice is lovely but there are plenty of people with just a lovely voice. Amateur and pro. Who can dance and act. She is very lucky and privileged!

What a wonderful new video from Carrie: sitting complaining about things that annoy her for nearly 10 minutes straight.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.