Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Katiek1218

What Carrie fails to realise is that a lot of us will have grown up with working parents, but I know personally no matter how hard my parents saved we absolutely would not have been able to afford a holiday like Disney world. And it’s insulting that she basically infers that people that didn’t go as a child didn’t have parents that scrimped and saved. Mine did and our holidays would be within the UK! Someone mentioned (and I agree) how ridiculous it was when she was shocked at Oliver first going on a plane age 11.
I wouldn’t even mind if she would just accept her privilege and be grateful, would it kill her to be like “I realise just how lucky I was as a kid”. Hell I sit here and think how lucky I was just to be in a loving home with wonderful parents and that I didn’t want for much.

Even things like others have mentioned, having parents that ferried her to and from theatres (she mentioned she had to do half days at school when in les mis and her Dad would come pick her up from school at midday to make it to the theatre). How many “working class” parents could have jobs where they could take time off like that to take their kid to a west end show multiple times a week?

It doesn’t add up and like I say it really wouldn’t bother me if she just acknowledged it and showed some awareness / gratitude.

Sorry for the rant!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

PocketRLocket

I've been on tattle a while but I had no idea Carrie had her own thread. It's so good to see it's not just me thinking she's a snob 🙊 You guys are spot one with some of these comments, I'm actually laughing a bit.

Just wanted to add a little something to say I've seen a few posts saying her brother and friends from YouTube brought her to west end popularity but wasn't it her parents? I thought she once mentioned they were famous too in the industry and that's why she knows so many stars. I could be wrong though
According to Carrie her parents are working class, salt of the earth types who worked around the clock to send their kids to stage school. Her mum's a teacher and her dad worked in a Kodak factory. Despite the fact they were (apparently) living hand to mouth, they still managed to go on holiday to Disneyland and Tom and Carrie went to pitch a movie idea to Steven Spielberg.

But yknow, it's not privilege it's because her parents work really hard. Unlike other people's parents who just sit around scratching their arses and spending all their money on pickle.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

PocketRLocket

I don't want to start a ruckus on here, but I do think people telling her that she shouldn't let her cat out is kind of ridiculous. She has a big garden and keeps an eye on him. It feels more cruel to shut in a cat who has spent his life up until now being able to go outdoors.

The cats I've had in my life have always had free reign of the cat flap, so I don't really understand indoor cats.

Reactions: 17

kf1907

I used to think that Oliver was so 'fame hungry' and had chosen to integrate himself into Carrie's life to help build an audience, so basically used to be really cynical about him.
However, one thing I've noticed with the Good Morning and Good Evening vids is how he has the notifications on for emails and seems to read quite a few of them - I know it's not much (the bar is so low lol) but to me it seems as if he is actually really valuing interacting with viewers rather than seeing them as like a 'business' or reducing it all to numbers and success like so many more experienced influencers do.
I'm really starting to warm to him so much more, he seems nice and normal, just a good guy.

Reactions: 17
“Know very few triple threats” 🙄

suuuuuuure you don’t...
My thoughts exactly.

And like someone said earlier : would it have killed her to blow smoke up Oli's arse in that moment rather than saying she didn't know any?! "Well..... I happen to be sitting next to one!". Just something selfless for once!

Reactions: 16

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Jesus she’s still going.

I don’t care what size jeans she wears,
But if there was a BMI scale for ego this woman would be off the chart.

she’s draining. She’s physically draining,
Even when she’s “fighting” for a valid enough cause she’s draining. 🤦‍♀️

most of the time I don’t care if she’s right or wrong I just want her to say.... less. 😐

• Heart

majestic26

VIP Member
Lets not forget guys she got an A* in GCSE art :rolleyes:. Idk that reply rubbed me the wrong way. The art is good, I'll give her that and digital art does take some skill like all things.
People who go on about their GCSE results more than a decade later are just the most tedious. That's the kind of thing that gives away the fact she hasn't had much of a 'normal' life - because in my experience, once you go to college or uni or start work, your GCSE results become ancient history and no one cares.

BackRolls?

Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but a friend of mine worked at the Sondheim, he's distraught at being made redundant. Carrie's celebratory post on the same day was pretty insensitive imo

• Angry
Reactions: 15

CynicalV

Um excuse me everyone?! Why are you all criticising someone who got an A* in Art GCSE? DID YOU HEAR ME I SAID SHE GOT AN A* IN ART GCSE

• Haha
Reactions: 15

hrh89

VIP Member
She came up on my tik tok feed the other day where she did a video about someone pretending to be her cousin to get backstage and have a selfie with her? Right okay I get this is bad form BUT why did theatre staff blatantly let them in with no proof AND the way she went about this video it was incredibly nasty I thought. That person might have mental health or other issues to be so persistent in wanting to meet her again and when I saw the video I just hoped the person she was talking about didn’t see it because it was horrible. She acts like she’s Beyoncé ffs. She comes across so nasty and rude I don’t know why she has fans

Reactions: 14

Alr.93

I think her ego wouldn’t be so bad if she hadn’t always played lead/main roles right from her first adult west end job. It would have done her good to start out as a member of the ensemble, a swing or an understudy and work her way up to the lead roles.

You can tell the difference in her attitude compared to Oliver’s, he’s had that experience and comes across more humble. The job he seems to enjoy talking about most is Book of Mormon where he was a swing. You can tell Carrie thinks she is above those roles as she’s never had to do them (I know she had ensemble parts in Les Mis but they were part of her ‘track’ or whatever they called it for Eponine and Fantine). She’s so used to always getting the main parts, I can’t imagine her ever even considering auditioning for an ensemble role! I feel like she’d rather just not be in the show at all unless she’s a main role. They did a video talking about what each different role does and you can tell she didn’t really know much compared to Oliver

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Smartie

Chatty Member
Oliver is what you'd expect from someone going through stage show or similar, without the support of parents paying for private education or the backing of a famous sibling, with a true love of the arts, working hard to improve his singing, dancing, acting and get somewhere in the industry off his own merits.

Opposite I'm guessing of carrie-neverhadtoworkhardforit-fletcher

Reactions: 13

Razzmatazz

Chatty Member
I am so pleased for Oliver.

He has properly worked his way up and grafted doing panto and ensemble work so he appreciates this opportunity and knows about all the different roles in the theatre and respects them. Unlike Carrie he'd never look down on the ensemble because he's been there.

He's had a much more varied career than Carrie and he works harder and he can dance.

Carrie will definitely keep him around, more free trips to Disney with VIP treatment now Oliver is in with them.

PocketRLocket

I've also made the journey over from GG as it's a ghost town over there. Hi guys!

I work in theatre and everyone's having to gradually make the difficult decision to push all of their plans back to next year instead. The chances of Cinderella opening this year are slim to none. As someone else mentioned, if Cam Mack can't make it work then no one can.

Samantha Barks as Elsa too. Thats a pretty amazing achievement for Oliver. Good for him!

But shes the only eponine ever!!!!!! Not samantha!!!

Reactions: 12

dpgokdpfgkpok

Seeing as she has been to disney world as an child at least 10 times (in 2015 she went to Orlando for the 15th time), I don't believe she knows what working class means

• Heart
Reactions: 12