Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whenever Oli is telling a story (usually about BOM) she looks so bored and she looking at him like "yeah, yeah get to the point and then we can get back to talking about me."

It was noticeable in the costume video when he was talking about when he ripped another cast members shirt off. It was a bit of a "you had to be there" story that he found hilarious and you could see she was desperate to interrupt so she could talk about herself again.

I mean he does go on about Mormon a lot but its understandable as it was a big job for him.

Reactions: 10
Whenever Oli is telling a story (usually about BOM) she looks so bored and she looking at him like "yeah, yeah get to the point and then we can get back to talking about me."

It was noticeable in the costume video when he was talking about when he ripped another cast members shirt off. It was a bit of a "you had to be there" story that he found hilarious and you could see she was desperate to interrupt so she could talk about herself again.

I mean he does go on about Mormon a lot but its understandable as it was a big job for him.
I always find the difference to be that Oliver will talk about the actual jobs that he has done whereas Carrie talks about Carrie at the jobs.

Reactions: 8
Carrie and Oliver's voices just don't go together at all... In their 100 video, they're singing a duet from Adams and it sounds like 2 different musicals. I think they're both good singers but put them together and.. zero chemistry

Reactions: 5
ahhhhh i have so many feelings on carrie, mostly that i really just can’t stand her. does anyone remember her really going off at a graduate/3rd year’s tweet about people learning music etc? that whole thing wound me up with everyone jumping on the lad, especially carrie. she is so arrogant and cocky and rude, i don’t for one second think she’s as talented as she thinks she is and i know people use her for stunt casting but actually it has the opposite effect on me
Same -I've actively avoided and turned down tickets to shows she's in because she doesn't bring a character to life. It's always painfully obvious you're watching Carrie and not whatever character she's attempting to play. She's very panto in her performances. Nothing wrong with that - but maybe she should give that a go, because it would suit her style way more.

Reactions: 7
I mean I had zero expectations for this bigged-up '100th video' and yet I'm still disappointed. What an arse licking fest.

Reactions: 1
Carrie and Oliver's voices just don't go together at all... In their 100 video, they're singing a duet from Adams and it sounds like 2 different musicals. I think they're both good singers but put them together and.. zero chemistry
Yeah, it's strange that they are a couple in real life, yet Taylor and Rodriguez in this performance have much more chemistry (and their voices gel together much better). Well, in my opinion, T & R are much better actors than Oliver and Carrie, so that's part of it, but Carrie and Oliver are an actual couple... I can't make sense of it

Same -I've actively avoided and turned down tickets to shows she's in because she doesn't bring a character to life. It's always painfully obvious you're watching Carrie and not whatever character she's attempting to play. She's very panto in her performances. Nothing wrong with that - but maybe she should give that a go, because it would suit her style way more.
You've pinpointed why her Wednesday and Veronica didn't work for me... it was because when she's in a comedy, she goes full panto, instead of more nuanced, subtle comedy, which would actually work better for those roles. I do like panto, but I don't like a show turning into panto when it isn't meant to, because the lead can't act very well.

Reactions: 4
She was trying to make eye contact and be cute with him the whole song. He was having none of it 🤣

Reactions: 5
This cover is the definition of their relationship. Carrie looking at him with adoration and Oliver not giving his all to the song and barely acknowledging her 🤷🏻‍♀️
Carrie sounded fresh and good for once! It’s a nice change from the previois Cinderella and Frozen songs

Reactions: 2
Just watched the video and felt so awkward for her. It was like he avoided looking at her throughout the whole video.

Massive contrast from this video a few years ago where he was looking at her adoringly all the way through!! 🤔🤔🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 3
You've pinpointed why her Wednesday and Veronica didn't work for me... it was because when she's in a comedy, she goes full panto, instead of more nuanced, subtle comedy, which would actually work better for those roles. I do like panto, but I don't like a show turning into panto when it isn't meant to, because the lead can't act very well.
Surely that's partly down to whoever the director was, they're supposed to tell the actor how they want something to be played!

Just watched the video and felt so awkward for her. It was like he avoided looking at her throughout the whole video.

Massive contrast from this video a few years ago where he was looking at her adoringly all the way through!! 🤔🤔🤔

You can really hear how much she's damaged her voice since then..

Surely that's partly down to whoever the director was, they're supposed to tell the actor how they want something to be played!
Well, sure. It seems the directors were happy with her performances, for some reason. Doesn't change the fact that her performances were over the top, awkward and not nuanced. I guess they wanted it to be that way, or they couldn't get her to do if better, and loved her voice, and so they left it that way. Her cover for Veronica did it pretty differently, so maybe it wasn't just the input of the directors that dictated every little choice she made? She is still a performer who doesn't have the comedic skills or the acting skills - in my opinion. We've seen that in all the acting she's done, except her first Eponine, which was quite good.

Despite my scathing comments, I really liked her as Eponine. I really loved her version of "On my Own" as well. (Not the version on her album, the performance one)

I also really liked her content and her as a person back then too.

Back then, she seemed very down to earth, creative and genuine.

She was a bit awful to Pete in parts but bearable all the same.

Somewhere along the way she bought her own hype, developed an ego and lost who that girl was. She also stopped her original songs and stopped the sit down random chats.

I vaguely remember her posting a video scoffing about people saying she's changed and she really has, but not for the better.

I'm not expecting her to stay the big sister role and Disney mad girl she once was. We all grow and change.

However, when you change to the point where your old fans barely recognise you, are really rude and self righteous, you have to question it. It's probably the reason why she's hidden her subscriber count as she probably knows herself that she's not as "popular" on YouTube as she once was.

Sadly, I don't she'll ever revert back to how she was. It's sad really because I did really like her and looked up to her at one point.

Addams was definitely the start of her downfall in my opinion. Heather's ruined her voice and made her ego explode.

Well, sure. It seems the directors were happy with her performances, for some reason. Doesn't change the fact that her performances were over the top, awkward and not nuanced. I guess they wanted it to be that way, or they couldn't get her to do if better, and loved her voice, and so they left it that way. Her cover for Veronica did it pretty differently, so maybe it wasn't just the input of the directors that dictated every little choice she made? She is still a performer who doesn't have the comedic skills or the acting skills - in my opinion. We've seen that in all the acting she's done, except her first Eponine, which was quite good.

The new video this morning is about stage door. I don't want to click on it. I can hear her whinging about it again already.

S
Despite my scathing comments, I really liked her as Eponine. I really loved her version of "On my Own" as well. (Not the version on her album, the performance one)

I also really liked her content and her as a person back then too.

Back then, she seemed very down to earth, creative and genuine.

She was a bit awful to Pete in parts but bearable all the same.

Somewhere along the way she bought her own hype, developed an ego and lost who that girl was. She also stopped her original songs and stopped the sit down random chats.

I vaguely remember her posting a video scoffing about people saying she's changed and she really has, but not for the better.

I'm not expecting her to stay the big sister role and Disney mad girl she once was. We all grow and change.

However, when you change to the point where your old fans barely recognise you, are really rude and self righteous, you have to question it. It's probably the reason why she's hidden her subscriber count as she probably knows herself that she's not as "popular" on YouTube as she once was.

Sadly, I don't she'll ever revert back to how she was. It's sad really because I did really like her and looked up to her at one point.

Addams was definitely the start of her downfall in my opinion. Heather's ruined her voice and made her ego explode.
At this point her fans must be those of old that haven’t given up on her yet. She surely can’t be influencing new people now with her current attitude. I can’t imagine anyone coming across her and thinking wow she’d be a really cool person to follow.

S

At this point her fans must be those of old that haven’t given up on her yet. She surely can’t be influencing new people now with her current attitude. I can’t imagine anyone coming across her and thinking wow she’d be a really cool person to follow.
Yes, I was thinking this as well. Her attitude is appalling. If I came across her as she is now, I wouldn't be interested in watching her content at all.

Her channel isn't getting as many views lately. Especially if you compare it from now to three years ago. There is a huge decline.

Reactions: 3
I went back and watched the chitty vlogs at the start of lockdown and it was really jarring how different she is now to then

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.