Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been mostly enjoying the lockdown videos as they're good background chatter whilst I'm WFH, plus I don't know much about the musical theatre world so have genuinely learnt a lot/been interested in what they have to say.

HOWEVER, I watched Oliver's 'Working with celebrities' video earlier and found her absolutely unbearable. As always, she launched straight into talking about her own experiences and then talking over him, despite it being on his channel.

So smug about the fact that Matt Lucas WhatsApps her and clearly loved name dropping all her celebrity 'friends' (colleagues). A particularly interesting video as Carrie claims to be completely unphased when working with 'stars'... almost definitely because she believes she is one.

Reactions: 5
I think her ego wouldn’t be so bad if she hadn’t always played lead/main roles right from her first adult west end job. It would have done her good to start out as a member of the ensemble, a swing or an understudy and work her way up to the lead roles.

You can tell the difference in her attitude compared to Oliver’s, he’s had that experience and comes across more humble. The job he seems to enjoy talking about most is Book of Mormon where he was a swing. You can tell Carrie thinks she is above those roles as she’s never had to do them (I know she had ensemble parts in Les Mis but they were part of her ‘track’ or whatever they called it for Eponine and Fantine). She’s so used to always getting the main parts, I can’t imagine her ever even considering auditioning for an ensemble role! I feel like she’d rather just not be in the show at all unless she’s a main role. They did a video talking about what each different role does and you can tell she didn’t really know much compared to Oliver

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Can someone please tell me why she keeps posting screen shots from the cats page on her own page? You’ve made a whole page for the cat can you not just keep all his stories and photos on his own page?? She’s basically posting the same content on both pages. Stop trying to encourage people to follow your cats page, no one wants to read your sad posts pretending to be your cat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Can someone please tell me why she keeps posting screen shots from the cats page on her own page? You’ve made a whole page for the cat can you not just keep all his stories and photos on his own page?? She’s basically posting the same content on both pages. Stop trying to encourage people to follow your cats page, no one wants to read your sad posts pretending to be your cat.
Because the brands follow her not the cat and she wants freebies.

Reactions: 4
Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but a friend of mine worked at the Sondheim, he's distraught at being made redundant. Carrie's celebratory post on the same day was pretty insensitive imo

• Angry
Reactions: 15
ahhhhh i have so many feelings on carrie, mostly that i really just can’t stand her. does anyone remember her really going off at a graduate/3rd year’s tweet about people learning music etc? that whole thing wound me up with everyone jumping on the lad, especially carrie. she is so arrogant and cocky and rude, i don’t for one second think she’s as talented as she thinks she is and i know people use her for stunt casting but actually it has the opposite effect on me

Reactions: 9
Going completely off topic, but I've always wondered who dumped who with Pete and Carrie...

I know he rarely posts videos anymore (which saddens me because I loved his content) but he seems really together and happy nowadays.

Also noticed he deleted all of his photos relating to her as well off his Instagram...

Despite her saying they were staying "best of friends" and will always be in eachothers lives or something to that effect?

Reactions: 3
Going completely off topic, but I've always wondered who dumped who with Pete and Carrie...

I know he rarely posts videos anymore (which saddens me because I loved his content) but he seems really together and happy nowadays.

Also noticed he deleted all of his photos relating to her as well off his Instagram...

Despite her saying they were staying "best of friends" and will always be in eachothers lives or something to that effect?
In one of Carrie's videos (can't remember exactly which one I'll try and find it) she's talking about two unhealthy relationships she had, one of them being Pete and she said she eventually did break up with both of them. She also said she wished she was stronger and wasn't so kind to them after the breakup and wishes she had booted them out of her flat, which further makes me think she dumped him.

She went on to throw some pretty nasty allegations in Pete's direction long after the break up too if I recall 😬

She went on to throw some pretty nasty allegations in Pete's direction long after the break up too if I recall 😬

Yes, I recall this as well. She never backed it up or talked about it though from what I remember.

Obviously she doesn't owe us an explanation about every aspect of her life but I remember her throwing hat he was abusive around.

She was very vague about it. Just liking people's comments when questioned if it was Pete.

Of course I sympathise and feel badly for her if this what happened. However, I don't think it's fair to throw an accusation around, not back it up and effectively try and ruin someone's life and career based on that.

I don't think he's suffered too badly as he seems to be doing well, however, you don't make an accusation like that without explanation. Seems very nasty and spiteful.

She has a young base and until they realise how awful she is, are very impressionable and will defend her regardless on her behaviour.

Reactions: 7
Yes, I recall this as well. She never backed it up or talked about it though from what I remember.

Obviously she doesn't owe us an explanation about every aspect of her life but I remember her throwing hat he was abusive around.

She was very vague about it. Just liking people's comments when questioned if it was Pete.

Of course I sympathise and feel badly for her if this what happened. However, I don't think it's fair to throw an accusation around, not back it up and effectively try and ruin someone's life and career based on that.

I don't think he's suffered too badly as he seems to be doing well, however, you don't make an accusation like that without explanation. Seems very nasty and spiteful.

She has a young base and until they realise how awful she is, are very impressionable and will defend her regardless on her behaviour.
I'm sure I saw some backlash to her not addressing her accusations so she eventually mildly referenced something along the lines of 'i wasnt hurt just walls & property" "moving to a big house because this flat has too many negative memories"

I'm sure I saw some backlash to her not addressing her accusations so she eventually mildly referenced something along the lines of 'i wasnt hurt just walls & property" "moving to a big house because this flat has too many negative memories"
I remember this too. She absolutely deserved the backlash. It just irks me that she has no self awareness, like she is above critism.

Don't make accusations and expect people not to call you up on it. Saying the "memories are negative" is very vague as well. She's a smart girl so she's done it to get people to feel sorry for her and not question it further.

I think she honestly just expected people to leap to her defence straight away. She's absolutely disgusting.

She became completely unlikeable for me during Addams, especially when she was all over Oliver like a rash. She was very much ‘look at me’.
Completely agree. I remember she did a live with Oliver and Scott, and she ended up almost in Oliver's lap, she was so intertwined with him and constantly touching his body. And they left Scott to be the third wheel in that live, it seemed really awkward. At one point, Scott was left reading out random questions and answering fans while Carrie was in Oliver's face and flirting so pointedly. During the time that she was constantly flirting with Oliver, talking about him, posting photos with him, she was making fun of/getting annoyed at her fans who asked if she was seeing him. Totally playing up to the attention/the "mystery", and then yelling for privacy and complaining that people were being "nosy" and that she's just friends with him. .

I also hated how she would always put Pete down. You can literally pick any of their videos together, and she will belittle him, talk him down, make fun of him and make him look like a little idiot who can't do anything.

Completely agree. I remember she did a live with Oliver and Scott, and she ended up almost in Oliver's lap, she was so intertwined with him and constantly touching his body. And they left Scott to be the third wheel in that live, it seemed really awkward. At one point, Scott was left reading out random questions and answering fans while Carrie was in Oliver's face and flirting so pointedly. During the time that she was constantly flirting with Oliver, talking about him, posting photos with him, she was making fun of/getting annoyed at her fans who asked if she was seeing him. Totally playing up to the attention/the "mystery", and then yelling for privacy and complaining that people were being "nosy" and that she's just friends with him. .

I also hated how she would always put Pete down. You can literally pick any of their videos together, and she will belittle him, talk him down, make fun of him and make him look like a little idiot who can't do anything.
Completely agree with you.

Whenever Pete would do something seemingly nice, she'd always make some snarky comment, belittle him and put him down. She hasn't done the same with Oliver but she's definitely very rude and abrupt with now. Constantly cutting across him when he talks too. Definitely noticing a change since they've been in lockdown together.

I think she's completely convinced that Oliver is far more superior and more attractive than Pete ever was.

I don't dislike Oliver, he seems like a decent guy but he really isn't anything special.

I think she's completely convinced that Oliver is far more superior and more attractive than Pete ever was.

I don't dislike Oliver, he seems like a decent guy but he really isn't anything special.
I think Oliver is quite attractive personally. But I totally see why you don't find him special. I get that.

But Pete, oh my god, I'd climb that man like a tree. So gorgeous! 😍😍

• Haha
I think Oliver is quite attractive personally. But I totally see why you don't find him special. I get that.

But Pete, oh my god, I'd climb that man like a tree. So gorgeous! 😍😍
Haha! Pete is more attractive in my mind as well! I loved his goofy personality as well! 😅

I wonder if he'll get bored of it being the Carrie show 24/7. She has become really snarky and very ' yeah yeah whatever now back to me.'

I wonder if he'll get bored of it being the Carrie show 24/7. She has become really snarky and very ' yeah yeah whatever now back to me.'
I feel like he’s in a really difficult position though because if he did ever end it he knows that her minions will be on to him in a shot. Carrie is also not known for treating her exes kindly so there will be that extra pressure of what his future would look like.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.