Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw her as Fantine in the staged concert and her voice was 🤷‍♀️ ok, but good lord her acting skills seem to amount to screwing up her face and nodding. Certain wouldn’t pay to see anything with her in it anytime soon

Reactions: 4
I've heard that she treats her understudy horribly but not sure if this is accurate. Can anyone else confirm?

Have people said her understudy in Heather's was better? I did think she was an odd choice for Veronica. Definitely seems like plucked for her name. Sad really.
She has always posted about other people going in in the show as an understudy but has never posted anything to celebrate or mention HER understudies and most of the cast usually posted about her understudy going on. (Like Oliver having a picture with the Wednesday understudy and why people think that's why she wrote her as a witch in her book)

Carrie also thinks Veronica is a harder role than Elphaba and compared the opening song to defying gravity in her text to her understudy, she would definitely not make it as an Elphaba at all.

Rumors are going that Broadway will be closed till next year, people are wondering if also would the WE. Andrew L keeps posting about Cinderella so good luck I guess?

Reactions: 2
I've not seen her any productions apart from bootleg ones. Her voice definitely wasn't great when she first started in Le Mis but it definitely improved over time.

When she did the cover of Into the Unknown, her voice has awful. I had to check I was still listening to the same person.

It's very selfish to push through like that, if you're sick, you're sick. Damage is already done though.

I've heard that she treats her understudy horribly but not sure if this is accurate. Can anyone else confirm?

Have people said her understudy in Heather's was better? I did think she was an odd choice for Veronica. Definitely seems like plucked for her name. Sad really.
I’ve watched her understudy (Olivia Moore) play Veronica in Heathers on YouTube and I loved her! She played a more innocent and sweet role of Veronica than Carrie does, however her acting was so much better. Carrie can sing that’s undeniable but I thought Olivia brought more depth to the role than Carrie did

Reactions: 3
I see she is using her Prattle and Pages IG account to earn money from Amazon. She copies the book blurb and links to to an Amazon ordering page. Is there nothing this girl won’t do for easy cash and freebies? 🙄

I see she is using her Prattle and Pages IG account to earn money from Amazon. She copies the book blurb and links to to an Amazon ordering page. Is there nothing this girl won’t do for easy cash and freebies? 🙄
I know it now looks like I am linking to them too - the silly website did that, not me!

Reactions: 1
I don't have any doubt that Edgar will be really well looked after. He deserves it.

Sorry but that cat is fuckin ugly.
LOL I don't agree but this made me laugh.

I think he's really cute in a scrappy, weird way. I looked at "his" instagram page today though and I gotta say I find it impossibly cringey that she's writing "as" him. For a supposed writer, the stuff she's writing is incredibly trite and overdone "the humans did X today. What strange creatures they are!" etc. I always find it cringe when people write as their pets to be honest, but especially so when they're only acting cutesy to try and get free stuff. Gross. Especially as we know she is not cutesy, she's spiteful and angry!

Reactions: 11
She has always posted about other people going in in the show as an understudy but has never posted anything to celebrate or mention HER understudies and most of the cast usually posted about her understudy going on. (Like Oliver having a picture with the Wednesday understudy and why people think that's why she wrote her as a witch in her book)

Carrie also thinks Veronica is a harder role than Elphaba and compared the opening song to defying gravity in her text to her understudy, she would definitely not make it as an Elphaba at all.

Rumors are going that Broadway will be closed till next year, people are wondering if also would the WE. Andrew L keeps posting about Cinderella so good luck I guess?
Now you've mentioned it, I do vaguely remember people giving her tit (understandably) for not wishing her understudy well/luck during, maybe, Addams? And she got very irate about it before posting a half arsed text message she had sent to her.

Considering how active she is on social media, it definitely cemented how truly awful she is to people. She clearly can't stand her thunder being taken.

I do genuinely believe she was a lovely girl at one point. Her old videos were enjoyable and even if her own music was relatively good too. They seemed quite genuine and she even came across very down to earth.

I am happy she achieved her dream of becoming a west end star but seems like she just developed a horrendously large ego along the way, and is not the same person anymore. Maybe around the time she left Chitty.

I know we all change and develop differently but she's far too big for her boots and her personality is vile. She's so snarky and rude.

I'd love to know what happened between her and Emma Blackery as they seemed close for a long time.

LOL I don't agree but this made me laugh.

I think he's really cute in a scrappy, weird way. I looked at "his" instagram page today though and I gotta say I find it impossibly cringey that she's writing "as" him. For a supposed writer, the stuff she's writing is incredibly trite and overdone "the humans did X today. What strange creatures they are!" etc. I always find it cringe when people write as their pets to be honest, but especially so when they're only acting cutesy to try and get free stuff. Gross. Especially as we know she is not cutesy, she's spiteful and angry!
Just had a look and am cringing as I read. When she's talking about the bowl "I really quite like it a lot". C'mon, who on earth is the audience for this?!

So twee and cutesy but completely overdone, so any chance it may have had of sounding sweet has been lost. And she's a writer...

Hey! New to the thread here! I used to really like Carrie, I first started watching her around the start of the Chitty rehearsal vlogs and enjoyed what she put out, she seemed sweet and nice. I think I mainly noticed a shift after Addams/when Heathers was starting.. I just think she started to believe her hype and thought she was amazing. I also got irked as she is obviously in a fortunate position but she acts like anyone could have had her life and that she was lucky; I don’t know if she realises how privileged she is to be in the family she is in

It always seems to me that she thinks she’s getting all these opportunities on sheer talent; when anyone with half a brain knows she’s mostly being stunt cast due to her “hopefuls :sick:“she may have still had to audition but that doesn’t mean she didn’t make that list because of who she is because of all the extra advertising they get from her showing BTS etc on her socials

Reactions: 6
It always seems to me that she thinks she’s getting all these opportunities on sheer talent; when anyone with half a brain knows she’s mostly being stunt cast due to her “hopefuls :sick:“she may have still had to audition but that doesn’t mean she didn’t make that list because of who she is rather than the extra advertising they get from her showing BTS etc on her socials
Exactly. Whereas far more talented performers than her don't even make the auditions a lot of the time. Some people say she's an "amazing" singer - she's not. She's very, very average.

• Heart
It always seems to me that she thinks she’s getting all these opportunities on sheer talent; when anyone with half a brain knows she’s mostly being stunt cast due to her “hopefuls :sick:“she may have still had to audition but that doesn’t mean she didn’t make that list because of who she is because of all the extra advertising they get from her showing BTS etc on her socials
All the shows she’s listed before that she has auditioned for and not got already had either a unique selling point or stunt casting already so didn’t need her name attached (the main one that comes to mind is little shop of horrors, which had a Vicky Vox as Audrey II - Carrie would have hated having the attention taken away from her by a drag queen)

Reactions: 1
I don’t know much about Carrie, but I’ve seen her in Les Mis, her first run and Addams - I didn’t go to see her, I was going with or without her. I thought she was very shouty in Addams and not that relaxed as other cast. I didn’t like Oliver’s voice either was too high pitched for me but she was looking at him giggling / smiling constantly and I doubt that was acting.

She became completely unlikeable for me during Addams, especially when she was all over Oliver like a rash. She was very much ‘look at me’.

Reactions: 7
I don’t know much about Carrie, but I’ve seen her in Les Mis, her first run and Addams - I didn’t go to see her, I was going with or without her. I thought she was very shouty in Addams and not that relaxed as other cast. I didn’t like Oliver’s voice either was too high pitched for me but she was looking at him giggling / smiling constantly and I doubt that was acting.
I found it a bit cringe too, she hadn't announced her split with Pete when I saw addams and I asked my husband if her boyfriend would find it unsettling how all over Oliver she was, he agreed. 🤦🏼‍♀️

New to this thread, I still really enjoy her videos and have been loving these daily vids from her and Oliver. However the thing that has always bugged me about Carrie is the way she refuses to acknowledge that her brother/her youtube/her education and family etc have played a part in where she is. Is she famous enough to be hired purely based on that alone? I don't think so, but her status must be an influential factor at points during casting. She is also obviously picked for singing at events and hosting/winning awards based on her popularity. I don't think anyone can doubt that she has talent, but she is not there on that alone and I just wish she would admit this.

Reactions: 8
She has such an unlikable personality, for an actress you’d think she could at least fake being a nice person, character acting or whatever it’s called 😬
but she comes across as such a condescending twit on social media.
I don't like the brother either so maybe it’s just me 😂

Reactions: 10
I honestly don’t,know who she thinks she is. She actually puts out on social media that if you don’t agree with her views on Trans, BLM and all the other trash then she will block you. No arguments. i find her attitude quite aggressive . She has a very high opinion of herself but try’s very hard to play it down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.