Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure someone on here the other day was saying that Carrie didn’t have the emotional range for Jenna, here she is singing she used to be mine on her stories 🙄

I always got the feeling that Oliver saw it as a bit of fun on tour, like a summer romance/fling and expected it to end when the tour ended.

Then it just seemed like he wanted a place in London to crash and then he's got comfortable and never left.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m sure someone on here the other day was saying that Carrie didn’t have the emotional range for Jenna, here she is singing she used to be mine on her stories 🙄
Not an expert by any means but it sounded like she really struggled with the "She is lonely" section!

Carrie announced she would be Wednesday in a November YouTube video. I don’t know how the timeline of casting shows works, but would they have cast Oliver well before rehearsals? If so she could have already met him before her Disney trip with Pete and her crush may have already began.

Carrie announced she would be Wednesday in a November YouTube video. I don’t know how the timeline of casting shows works, but would they have cast Oliver well before rehearsals? If so she could have already met him before her Disney trip with Pete and her crush may have already began.
I was curious so I went back. Oliver was announced as being in the cast in December 2016, and hasn’t she said that she was in one of Oliver’s auditions so they could see the chemistry or something like that, or did I make that up? If that is correct, then she will have met him over a month before that Disney trip with Pete.

Reactions: 1
I'm pretty sure for their last Disney trip was after the split, in May, because they were photographed at the airport by a fan, but then spent no time at all together out there, saw friends separately etc, so I think they'd probably booked it beforehand and neither of them wanted to give up the trip. What an awkward flight that must have been...

I'm pretty sure for their last Disney trip was after the split, in May, because they were photographed at the airport by a fan, but then spent no time at all together out there, saw friends separately etc, so I think they'd probably booked it beforehand and neither of them wanted to give up the trip. What an awkward flight that must have been...
That's very interesting! If you look at the pictures she posted at the time, they look very cosy.

They even did an Inside Out bound together.

He didn't removed his photos with her on his Instagram for a short while. I don't exactly when he did it but it was a good few months.

The trip where I felt they seemed unhappy but were trying to act cheerful for the vlogs is the one where she posted videos in February. Her Instagram during that trip was strange as well. I feel the tension between them seems more apparent in Pete’s vlogs.

The May trip is the one where she surprised her family and I think she also met up with Adam Hattan. Pete appeared to be there as well and I think that’s when a lot of fans really started to wonder if they’d had a break up, since it was obvious they were both there but not with each other.

There was also a weird trip to hogwarts in the the mix around that time where she posed with Pete for a photo and was also there with Scott and Oliver at the same time. The whole thing was so weird and handled poorly on social media lol I think they wanted to keep up a facade they were still together, which just made everything more awkward than it had to be publicly.

The trip where I felt they seemed unhappy but were trying to act cheerful for the vlogs is the one where she posted videos in February. Her Instagram during that trip was strange as well. I feel the tension between them seems more apparent in Pete’s vlogs.

The May trip is the one where she surprised her family and I think she also met up with Adam Hattan. Pete appeared to be there as well and I think that’s when a lot of fans really started to wonder if they’d had a break up, since it was obvious they were both there but not with each other.

There was also a weird trip to hogwarts in the the mix around that time where she posed with Pete for a photo and was also there with Scott and Oliver at the same time. The whole thing was so weird and handled poorly on social media lol I think they wanted to keep up a facade they were still together, which just made everything more awkward than it had to be publicly.
I see what you mean about the tension, went back and watched one of Pete's videos, particularly the Circle of Life one.

I don't think Carrie is friends with Adam Hattan or Gary C anymore...

I didn’t really follow Carrie and Pete that closely at the time so I don’t know how she was with him generally, but if she’d already met Oliver and had so much chemistry etc a few weeks before they split, it would explain why she was being so short and snappy with him. Especially in that live where they spoke about Oliver, she would have had Oliver on her mind and knew she’d rather be with him so might have resented Pete a bit.

I just had a scroll back and found this from Valentine’s Day 2017, a month before she posted the photo someone posted earlier of her looking at Oliver with the caption ‘find yourself someone who looks at you the way Wednesday looks at Lucas’. So it seems it was quite a quick turnaround, unless the valentines post was so soppy to stop anyone speculating about problems between them 🤷‍♀️
BEB97099-F043-490C-A81E-58A1F28CC03C.jpeg

Reactions: 3
I guess for all we know, they could have been having issues for a longtime but who knows.

The fact she hid it for so long whilst flirting horrendously with Oliver. Playing off the "we're not together..." was really cringy and unfair.

She's a grown woman and can do what she likes, granted but it was evident when she behaved in that manner, she had little or no respect for Pete.

Obviously we have no idea what went on except the speculations of abuse but never backed it up.

I've said it before and I'm sorry for sounding like a broken record but you don't just accuse someone of abuse and don't explain yourself, or back it up.

She was quite happy to potentially allow her young and impressionable fans target Pete. Also, potential ruin him and his career.

That is my main issue with Carrie. It's disgusting how she's essentially gotten away with it too.

As a massive generalisation, people who post so publicly about their relationships are usually trying to prove a point, about look how happy I am, there mustn’t be anything wrong when I’m posting stuff like this.
For example, a lot of people with MH issues can appear very happy and carefree on the outside to others who seen genuinely surprised when they find out the truth.

I suspect Carrie just isn’t as good an actress as she thinks when it comes to portraying herself.

I didn’t really follow Carrie and Pete that closely at the time so I don’t know how she was with him generally, but if she’d already met Oliver and had so much chemistry etc a few weeks before they split, it would explain why she was being so short and snappy with him. Especially in that live where they spoke about Oliver, she would have had Oliver on her mind and knew she’d rather be with him so might have resented Pete a bit.

I just had a scroll back and found this from Valentine’s Day 2017, a month before she posted the photo someone posted earlier of her looking at Oliver with the caption ‘find yourself someone who looks at you the way Wednesday looks at Lucas’. So it seems it was quite a quick turnaround, unless the valentines post was so soppy to stop anyone speculating about problems between them 🤷‍♀️View attachment 172168
Interesting how she looks more genuinely happy here than she ever has with Oliver.

I don’t know what it is but her recent tweet about now she’s pleased that she’s a vlogger because she has show vlogs to look back on rubbed me the wrong way 🤔

It’s always really rubbed me the wrong way that whenever someone speculates about the overlap from Pete to Oliver she makes the vague abuse allegations. I think it’s totally unfair to Pete - I kind of think if you’re going to allude to them then you may as well fully make them so there’s no grey area. All she did was use it to drum up sympathy from her fans and no doubt Pete got some verbal from them.

On an unrelated note to that: anyone else noticed she’s been in none of the collab videos going round from other west end performers? I feel that speaks volumes 🤔

Reactions: 2
I always think the fact that their mutual friends all stayed friends with Pete says a lot.
If he truly was abusive I'm sure they would have stood with Carrie and he'd have been completely excluded from the community.

I know victim blaming is wrong but the whole story didn't sit right.
I'm sure Pete has talked about having anger management problems and I get the feeling that Carrie's flirting with Oliver and talking to Pete like crap led him to lose it and punch the wall.

Reactions: 6
I always think the fact that their mutual friends all stayed friends with Pete says a lot.
If he truly was abusive I'm sure they would have stood with Carrie and he'd have been completely excluded from the community.

I know victim blaming is wrong but the whole story didn't sit right.
I'm sure Pete has talked about having anger management problems and I get the feeling that Carrie's flirting with Oliver and talking to Pete like crap led him to lose it and punch the wall.
Completely agree!

She definitely seemed to loose a lot of friends over a short period of time so this would add up and make sense.

It makes me so mad when she makes the accusations as I've stated before.

Pete is looking really well, you can tell from his own photos and tagged ones that he's genuinely happy. I think Carrie wasn't good for him as he always looked sad and flat whenever they were together.

If he did punch a wall for that reason, I can't really blame him. I'm not saying you should punch a wall but it must have been out of pure frustration.

The way she threw herself at Oliver was cringy to watch and if I saw that, I would be the exact same. It would be upsetting and hurtful.

Pete is doing well so that's what I'm grateful for. He's a nice guy and deserves to be happy.

I do think Carrie seemed be at her happiest in 2016. I know I'm judging based on YouTube vlogs but she just looks so... I don't know... Blah... These days anyway.

Maybe just me?

If I recall correctly from GG, wasn't it discovered that her and Pete pretended they were together for a while after they split up because they had as some kind of Disney spon for Valentine's? 🤔

Also I have to laugh: I have some friends who still adore Carrie and a couple of days ago, one of them mentioned how Carrie has been 'super busy!' during lockdown compared to other theatre stars... Like no, she's just gone back to YouTube now she has nothing 'better' to do? 😅

If I recall correctly from GG, wasn't it discovered that her and Pete pretended they were together for a while after they split up because they had as some kind of Disney spon for Valentine's? 🤔
Yeah I remember that! It was the La La Land promo and cover wasn't it? The duet cover is on his channel and I think Carrie did a solo on her channel. Someone said that on instagram she confirmed they had split before they recorded the cover and promo material. Awkward.

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.