Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have no idea what her style is now but I think it makes her look a lot older and not in a good way either.
Just lounging around on the sofa from morning to night in outfits that are one step up from going to KFC in your pyjamas (*), I think :ROFLMAO:

(*) yes I've seen someone (not Ms Fletcher!) do this, in Acton.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Interesting how it’s been noted how little interaction she has with her brother and today she’s reposting the BBC news article about Mcfly!

Reactions: 2
Just lounging around on the sofa from morning to night in outfits that are one step up from going to KFC in your pyjamas (*), I think :ROFLMAO:

(*) yes I've seen someone (not Ms Fletcher!) do this, in Acton.
TBH that's my general mat leave on lockdown style 😆

Her wearing doc martens to rehearsals/warm ups always made me cringe!! I always felt like she was doing it to give off the ‘I’m not like other girls’ vibe 🙄
That's what I thought, especially in Heather's with such a strong female cast.
I know docs are really comfy when broken in and I love mine but it seems really impractical to wear them to rehearsals. Although she doesn't do dance heavy roles because she can't dance.

That super smug face when she says she won’t be in the Heathers tour because she’ll be in Cinderella. Urgh. It’s funny how much she’s gone on about Cinderella and still people don’t know about it. I wonder if a lot of people have switched off from the majority of posts (hence the regular underwear shots to remind people she’s still there - we must be due for those pics to be rolled out yet again 🙄). Also Cinderella isn’t going to happen this year. 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I personally don’t think she is as comfortable with her body as she says she is and she wears what she wears to cover it up but has no style sense and looks frumpy.

Reactions: 7
I personally don’t think she is as comfortable with her body as she says she is and she wears what she wears to cover it up but has no style sense and looks frumpy.
Completely agree.

I am absolutely not fat shaming, there is nothing wrong with weight gain.

However, since she put the weight on, her fashion sense changed to frumpy. I loved her style during Chitty and you can tell back then she was a lot happier too.

She keeps going on about how happy she is now but I don't buy it.

She has also started doing the classic self-conscious chubby girl ‘pillow on lap every time you sit down’ technique. Only noticed this because I do it too 😂👍🏻

Reactions: 10
Her Q&As always make me laugh because despite all the eye rolling and bitchiness she doesn’t HAVE to choose those questions to answer! If they annoy you that much just don’t answer them at all!!
Maybe she's not getting as many questions as she'd like so replies to the likes of these to make it look like she's inundated. I don't think her followers interact with her as much now.

I should’ve been more clear in my rant.we can agree to disagree on the merits of cats being allowed to roam but what I was trying to say is I think for this particular cat who was a stray and is used to roaming wherever he wants it’s now not very nice to keep him either indoors or restricted to the garden!
My cats have suddenly had to switch to indoor cats, a delightful neighbour has been threatening them with a pan of hot water. And mysteriously numerous cats have disappeared on my estate in the last year.

3 are happy but one 1 of my girls is really taking a while to adjust to it. If it wasn't for the very real danger they'd be outside, it's what cats do.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Stumbled across the bootleg for a Heathers performance at the Haymarket and ended up watching the whole thing, and afterwards ended up falling into a black hole of west end YouTube vids and just wanted to share some thoughts. One, I definitely think even after transferring to the west end that Heathers never really developed a polished or professional vibe (fair enough as it originated as off broadway and seems to be specifically loved for its rawness). However it kind of lacked the edginess needed to offset that, plus almost everyone’s accents were very patchy. I think Carrie is a competent actress and pulls off the role, her vocals were also impressive. Her comedic timing was meh, truthfully I think she is far better suited to straight dramatic roles.

After that I ended up watching some Waitress clips and Lucie Jones blew me away with her voice. The thing is I do feel Carrie could pull that role off too, and the only real difference in vocal capability that I noticed was how much insane vocal control Lucie has. I don’t know if she went to drama school but I remember hearing her talk about having vocal training. I think Carrie’s issue to an extent is that she is very complacent. She doesn’t seem to have drive to want to train her voice, learn how to dance, improve as an actress etc. I remember in both Adams and Heathers for the dance rehearsals she’d show up in a dress and combat boots and everyone else would be in proper work out gear. There’s this underlying arrogance that she’s always in the right. It’s a shame because I think it hinders her growth as a performer.

Weirdly enough I think this is the potential downside of having too high of a sense of self esteem? Difficult to put into words but I know in my life whenever I’m in a situation where I know x or y or z is a weak spot for me I feel super motivated to improve so I can feel better about myself. But I also know that’s because I’m quite insecure. I think for Carrie she grew up with a lot of praise and positive affirmation. So in a way she won’t feel shame over any perceived shortcomings because they don’t factor into her self worth or take away from her strong points. In short, she’s not a perfectionist. If anything the only real source of motivation she seems to have is proving haters wrong. Hence why she can never quietly accept any form of criticism without either attempting to explain it away or outright scoffing. Because in a way I don’t think Carrie sees herself as someone with any real flaws at all.
If they hadn't decided to dilute it with the whole me too business and it was a direct transfer from the US to the UK it would have done better, also they needed to have someone who could match Barratt, Carrie was stunt casted, she hadn't even seen the film or heard of it prior to her audition.

I saw it and thought I was just a glorified school play.

what the actual hell.... that is so rude and unprofessional. And it’s not the same as looking after yourself and your mental health at all! Oliver did right when he said he had to pick up the phone to let them know he couldn’t do the audition, but Carrie just let the email sit there without replying??? What about the mental health of those who had to worry about planning the show and finding replacements?

I do hope these organizers remember she treated them like this, especially for a charity project. Saying no politely for whatever reason is totally acceptable. Leaving such things on read is despicable.

These daily videos only remind me why I unsubscribed a long time ago. :(
Oohhh that really grinds my gears when actors do stuff like that. I work in the film industry, although in Canada, and it bugs me so much when actors and agents don't even respond to an audition/performance request. Like, even if you're not available for the dates, or you have a conflict, or even if you just don't want to do it, DO THE RIGHT THING AND LET SOMEONE KNOW!!! Sorry, I'm just catching up on this thread, hahah 😅

Few things I noticed about the stage door TikTok, specifically the one about the guy wanting to know her next role.

If it did happen, I'd imagine that story has been heavily embellished. I would guess most actors get similar questions thrown at them at stage door. To make hers stand out and seem 'worse' she went down the route of the person being aggressive and unreasonable. For sympathy, attention, lols...who knows? She does appear to like playing the victim.

If it did actually play out that way, then her response was immature and could go some way in explaining why she moans so much. She makes life difficult for herself. Instead of trying to explain everything about contracts and secrets and her parents, why not make a little joke and lightly brush the guy off, ask him if he wants a selfie and move on to the next person. Why get too deep? A more seasoned, rational person would try to diffuse the situation than overexplain and prove themself right.

And finally, she's just not a good actor. I've seen "normal people" ie. People who dont get paid to be on stage, perform better on TikTok.

Few things I noticed about the stage door TikTok, specifically the one about the guy wanting to know her next role.

If it did happen, I'd imagine that story has been heavily embellished. I would guess most actors get similar questions thrown at them at stage door. To make hers stand out and seem 'worse' she went down the route of the person being aggressive and unreasonable. For sympathy, attention, lols...who knows? She does appear to like playing the victim.

If it did actually play out that way, then her response was immature and could go some way in explaining why she moans so much. She makes life difficult for herself. Instead of trying to explain everything about contracts and secrets and her parents, why not make a little joke and lightly brush the guy off, ask him if he wants a selfie and move on to the next person. Why get too deep? A more seasoned, rational person would try to diffuse the situation than overexplain and prove themself right.

And finally, she's just not a good actor. I've seen "normal people" ie. People who dont get paid to be on stage, perform better on TikTok.
But also... that's a pretty normal question to ask someone in that industry?

This just cements my belief that everyone should do at least 6 months in a customer service job at 18. You have to treat these people as you would a customer- I didn't like every customer I came across, but I put a smile on and tried to kill them with kindness no matter how nasty they got.

Reactions: 9
In the Good morning #108 video, she said she remembers the rehearsal kiss with Oliver in Addams because she "really fancied him". Not like that wasn't paainfully obvious the whole time, but not great from Pete's perspective, I guess. Not that he watches her videos anymore, but y'know. Just makes me think of the live where Pete and Carrie talked about her rehearsal period and talked about that Oliver is attractive. Not that I know this at all or should speculate, but it just reminds me of people who are too scared to be single, so they stay in a relationship they don't want to be in until they meet someone new. I just find it kind of egotistical and cowardly to not just dump the person you're not happy with, instead of making sure you have a backup first.

Reactions: 4
In the Good morning #108 video, she said she remembers the rehearsal kiss with Oliver in Addams because she "really fancied him". Not like that wasn't paainfully obvious the whole time, but not great from Pete's perspective, I guess. Not that he watches her videos anymore, but y'know. Just makes me think of the live where Pete and Carrie talked about her rehearsal period and talked about that Oliver is attractive. Not that I know this at all or should speculate, but it just reminds me of people who are too scared to be single, so they stay in a relationship they don't want to be in until they meet someone new. I just find it kind of egotistical and cowardly to not just dump the person you're not happy with, instead of making sure you have a backup first.
I thought exactly the same. She’s always denied any cross over between the two but I think that video just confirmed it. I remember the live with Pete too, so she was very much still in a relationship with him while she ‘really fancied’ Oliver. Obviously she didn’t start officially dating Oliver till after the tour but she’s openly said they were seeing each other and having ‘fun backstage’ :sick: during the tour. I wonder how soon after leaving Pete that started.

• Sad
I thought exactly the same. She’s always denied any cross over between the two but I think that video just confirmed it. I remember the live with Pete too, so she was very much still in a relationship with him while she ‘really fancied’ Oliver. Obviously she didn’t start officially dating Oliver till after the tour but she’s openly said they were seeing each other and having ‘fun backstage’ :sick: during the tour. I wonder how soon after leaving Pete that started.
I think she's said at one point that they "showed they liked each other" or something while the Addams Family was in Edinburgh, but she had been really, cringingly all over him way before that. I guess crushes on people when you're on your way out of a relationship is very normal, and I personally don't think they overlapped - I think she broke up with Pete before she started with Oliver, but.. I dunno. Guess I shouldn't judge, I just don't like how she handled all that.

• Sad
If you guys are talking about the “post rehearsal chat” video that was soooo awkward! They were obviously on the outs by then. Pete came on to say a quick hello and she was super snippy with him. He went to say bye and she replied with something like “do you not have anything of worth to say?” Yikes

• Wow
Reactions: 6
If you guys are talking about the “post rehearsal chat” video that was soooo awkward! They were obviously on the outs by then. Pete came on to say a quick hello and she was super snippy with him. He went to say bye and she replied with something like “do you not have anything of worth to say?” Yikes
Yeah, that's true. She was exactly that mean to him during their whole relationship, though, but yes, it was definitely at the end of their relationship.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.